Go back in time

Show more

making happy





Csikszentmihalyi certainly has a point. And while I was listening to his TED talk, I was thinking why is it that I blog. I've been blogging for awhile now. And I've discovered that with few interruptions (I changed platform a few years ago, but I'm back on blogger) that I have never stopped sharing (oversharing sometimes) my thoughts in the land of the ones and zeroes.

And I usually do it just because. And I have encouraged others to do it, too. So why do I blog? I think I blog because I like it. It's as simple as that. But maybe I also blog because I get my flow going when I'm doing it. Because blogging is an activity that I find fun just for the sake of doing it.

But I guess it's also the creative aspect of it. I've noticed that even though some posts require a little more work than others, they all get my juices going because they make me curious. They make me curious about the world around me and about myself. They make me explore and they make me search. These posts certainly get me in the Zone.

I have also discovered that blogging makes me happy. It seems such a little thing, don't you think? Just writing words that will go up in this ether and float around. I don't know if someone will read them (I think you will, though), and I guess the goal is just to write them. Is it catharsis? Is it self-fulfillment? Is it a hobby?

It may be all three. I get some things out of my system, and that's always a good thing. Putting your thoughts on paper (or on the screen) certainly serve as a conduit to analyze them and to get them out of your system, in some instances. I also write to talk about the 'what if' that sometimes don't get an answer. And I can certainly say blogging becomes an exercise in picking my own mind while everything else is a blur. It's like taking care of my Tillandsia. When I do it, it makes me focus and it certainly brings me a kind of satisfaction. Whether because it makes me see something under a different light or because it makes me feel good. All I know is that I enjoy doing it. And I think I will keep doing it just for the sake of it. Because I also believe that we have the obligation to do things that make us happy. We owe it to ourselves.

xoxo






Comments

  1. I'm glad that you do blog, for whatever reason. It allows me to see "under the covers." And, though I know it's not your intention, it shows how educated you are and the breadth of your interests.

    As you've mentioned, on that other site, though it was mostly images of men, Blogger allows you to fully express yourself. Sometimes it may seem that the words don't come, or it's difficult to find the the words that you want, I, for one, find your posts fascinating.

    And in the current climate in the country, having an outlet like this can help save your sanity and let you get your frustrations out. It's better than locking yourself in a room and letting out a primal scream. Though that can be fun sometimes, too.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog, so I had to come check you out. I love the concept and the design of your blog, you have done it well. I will most certainly be back to check things out...some of your posts have grabbed me. my attention among other things I should say!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    18 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.