Go back in time

Show more

just in case





ARIES:
“You are fire, your red candle cannot be missing. On December 31, select that item of clothing that reminds you of something negative, rip it up and throw it away. Write on paper the seemingly negative thing that happened to you in 2019. Light a bonfire and burn it. Just as the paper becomes ashes, your problems will disappear. Take a bath of red flowers, perfume, jobo leaves, almonds and water. For luck, carry a diamond or white quartz. Dress in red and gold. Declare that the changes that occur in 2020 are positive and will lead you to live a future full of peace, love and prosperity.”

WALTERMERCADO

If you  are Latinx or if you have a Latinx friend, I can almost be sure you that you know who Walter Mercado is. And so do your friend and their aunts and their grandma. Walter passed away this year but his legacy will live, damnit! That's partially why I'm doing this post. I am not really religious (barf) but I love, love, love! reading and learning about traditions and things people do during a specific holiday or time of the year. And that quote up there is what Walter would have liked me to do during the New Year's. Yep, I'm an Aries. But you suspected that, didn't you?

So, during this New Year's I decided that even though I am not going full-on Walter (those capes, though!) I am going to wear something with red in it (I just can't with gold, so I'll pass) I am going to light a red candle (have those around) and I am going to write down the most negative thing that happened to me last year and I'm going to burn the paper. So there. That's going to be my ritual for the New Year. They say you have to put it out there for the universe to listen, don't they?

If you want to read more about things people do during New Year's hurry to REMEZCLA and choose one! I'm obsessed with wearing all white and with the grapes!! I may try those too!
So good luck and have fun!



XOXO

Comments

  1. we are going to need every ounce of strength we have to get thru 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Goddess, it’s been quite the year.

      XoXo

      Delete
  2. It couldn’t hurt to cover your bases. I have no year end rituals, other than hoping I survive another year. But I do wish you and all of your followers all the best of health, happiness and peace in the coming year! That’s something I think we can all use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thnx bae. We Can all absolutely use some peace in 2020.

      XoXo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I realized that you don't follow my blog, as I do with yours. Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Last I checked I was in your follower list.

      XoXo

      Delete
  5. I like your idea of releasing the negativity. Maybe Carlos and I should do the same ...start the new yearfree from that old shiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! No matter what we do: eating grapes, wearing white, running around the block with a suitcase... getting rid of the year’s weight is kind of our sweet revenge 😎

      XoXo

      Delete
  6. I don't know why you and I are not married.
    I read Walter's predictions every year to find out what horrors await me in the coming new year. 2020, according to his last, will be harrowing, with so many retrogrades to sidestep and dread, I might as well start walking and driving in reverse. Should I survive 2020, I've no idea what to do following, given these were his last predictions before passing. Perhaps Walter knew something we don't and decided to skip town before shit hit the fan. I better go up to my ancestor altar and start praying. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Walter. I’d marry you in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the fun?
      And you know honoring the ancestors is always a good backup plan! Planets in retrograde are no joke!

      XoXo

      Delete
  7. Not religious myself. Most of the rituals are pagan in origin, anyway. We follow one ritual for New Year: At the stroke of midnight, we make sure we are holding money in our hands. Monetary denomination doesn't matter; $1, $5, $10, whatever. It is supposed to ensure you will have enough to live on. It is not to get rich. No. That would be inviting chaos. We've done this for many years now and, despite any disasters or emergencies, we have always had the financial means to cover it.

    Now,if only there were a ritual to guarantee we get rid of the evil things to have penetrated our government.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh
      I should try that! I think it’s the perfect balance of ritual and positivity. And I think I live all these gestures and wishes BECAUSE they’re obviously pagan. Yes!

      XoXo

      Delete
  8. If it helps you...ill wear red underwear too. Strength in numbers right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      Oh, I saw how you look in red underwear, dear. Definitely a positive outlook!

      XoXo

      Delete
  9. I have a red thong. I can't remember who left it here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Jimmy.
      You know nobody can keep track of their thongs. Especially red!
      And if you’re an Aries, red is our color!

      XoXo

      Delete
  10. I have no idea who Walter Mercado is, but he's a snappy dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes.
      Liberace, eat your heart out!

      XoXo

      Delete
  11. Here in PA Dutch country we eat pork and sauerkraut. They also say opening your windows at midnight lets all the bad out. I'll be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I do both of those Dave! Course the fresh air helps with hang overs that will most surely happen.

      Delete
    2. That sounds tasty!
      And opening windows may clear our heads and also wake us up!

      XoXo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    1 day ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.