Go back in time

Show more

After forever


m








So I blame Jimmy on this post. He was the one who said that he’d watch Schitt’s Creek after he finished After Forever. And because I’m super curious I watched the promo and decided I had to watch it. Add to that the fact that usually I just have got to get my monthly dose of gay romance (and make sure that Jeff Bezos knows that representation matters) I scouted someone with Amazon Prime and pounced. Oh, I’m shameless like that. I had to fucking dog sit to get my greedy little hands on the series, but I got to watch it.

And I’m glad.  If you didn’t get it from the promo, it’s a show about love and loss and love. It's about friends and lovers and family. It's about finding someone and losing him. It's about how hard it is to let go of someone and how necessary it is to do so when the time comes. And it's about how men over forty are still very much vital and are handsome and desirable (no matter what the gaystapo makes people think). I was partial to David, being that I have a penchant for very tall men with salt and pepper hair,  kind eyes and big hands. It was a great series. Two seasons. Hopefully there'll be a third one and I'll have to dog sit again to binge watch it. But it'll be worthy.

So thanks, Jimmy for pointing me on the direction of this cool little gem. The episodes are short, but they pack a punch. I think the guy from DaddyHunt plays a player here. And there are some familiar faces from TV and the stage. So you know there'll be eye candy. To tell you the truth, I also cried a little. Some scenes got me all verklempt. Some episodes DO pack a punch, So if you can spare some time, go WATCH IT. It can be found online, if you cannot convince someone watch it on Amazon prime. You can binge it in one or two days. Maybe next weekend?

I am going to keep an eye out for the third season. I need to know if David and Kevin do move in together. Thanks, Jimmy. Apparently, you do know the kind of men I fancy.

XOXO

Comments

  1. very nice and interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I could not stop watching. Easily bingeable, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Ok. I’m old. I long for the days when there were 3 networks and they played the national anthem at the end of the broadcast day. Then you got a test pattern or static. Who the hell can keep up with so many offerings? There’s stuff on Netflix, Hulu, CBS all access, innumerable cable channels that your provider may not carry, and if they do, it’s not in your package.

    So this does look promising. I’ll have to wait until it comes to a venue I have. Oh, and I stumbled across Schitt’s Creek on one of the apps on my TV, CW Seed. Started watching the first two episodes yesterday. Hilarious.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yep, I know the feeling. Have tons in my queue. And it's great to found Schitt's Creek!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Something for my next binge watch afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, totally recommended. The episodes are short, webseries style, so they are not overwhelming. Let us know what you think!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. It's kinda nice to see older gay men and how their lives are lived. I may have to hunt this down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We don't stay twenty five forever. If you find it, I'd love to read what you think. And Carlos! I'm sure he'd have an opinion about it. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I have been blamed for being a home wrecker and whore, but never for making someone dog sit. Ooo, Perros! (my filthy little mind)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Oh Jimmy.
      I did have to dogsit to get to Amazon Prime. Totally worth it!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Well, here goes another weekend or two spent in front of the telly. :-) There are SO many to catch. We started watching AJ and the Queen - couldn't keep going; the young girl character is rude and obnoxious with zero redeeming factors. It had so much potential with RuPaul. So, maybe this can take the place of that. Though it will probably have to wait until after the Oscars. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it would go easily. It's very bingeable. And I watched AJ and the Queen! I should post about that. As you say, RuPaul's presence doing drag is an event. I found the acting a little uneven but hey.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Looks good! Unfortunately my free trial of Amazon Prime is long over. But if I ever sign up for it, I will watch this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Maybe somebody who's got Amazon Prime could set up a viewing club of some sort? LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. The trailer looked... okay. It had a Wood Allenesque feel, except Woody rarely uses background music. I'll probably pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it has a Manhattan feeling. It was good, though. Solid actors and a seldom touched theme.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I also watched the two seasons a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you did? I really liked it too. Representation, am I right?

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 days ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.