Go back in time

Show more

Tavelogue



Tom Goss has a great voice. That much is obvious. What I'm really loving is the idea of conceptualizing the songs. May artists (from Bowie to K.D. Lang) have done concept, thematic albums with songs that seem to melt into each other and continue the story the singer/songwriter has begun to tell.



I liked the idea of two lovers crossing paths in a new city and then go  on with their lives. Especially after a relationship has ended and we are weary of what could come next. I'm absolutely in love with the atmosphere the videos convey and the music gave me all the feels.



Then the relationship we witness at the beginning is retaken and we see what it becomes (or is it all a big maybe?). Totally into this new direction Goss is going. And I have to confess that big and tall would always get it. And Tom and I apparently have that in common. Also, Daniel Franzese is Daddy.

Gimme.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. The styling and the production are top notch. Really.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. A nice voice isn't the only nice thing Tom has!!! Saw him in Ptown once with Steve Grand. 😳😍😳😍😳😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Oh I'm sure everything else is a nice!
      And Tom and Steve? Yum. A spit roast? Yes, please.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful songs and the video interpretations are phenomenal. Tom is very easy on the eyes. I like the way the stories are linked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he? And yes, there seems to be a theme running through the three songs. He may have more, but these were the most obvious.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Great tunes, and love the idea of the through-line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his style.
      It's fantastic to have a man singing love songs about men.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Nice tenor ... Concept albums have been around for quite a few decades. One of the first I remember is The Moody Blues' "Day's of Future Past." They went on to release three more albums with through-lines. And Justin Hayward's voice is like glass! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rediscovered his voice. I think he did Son of a Preacher Man, too. Concept albums are really cool...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. It is always a pleasure to come here and discover something/someone new. Huntley is correct, "easy on the eyes".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's handsome and talented. What's not to like?

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I love concept music videos. Every song has a story. I thought the first was the best. La Bufadora explodes... very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cool. I was impressed. and La Bufadora has a Spanish version. And it's the perfect representation of the uncertainty of a relationship that can become violent...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.