Go back in time

Show more

Himbo and the beef




Himbo
Generally, a large (broad, tall, or buff) attractive man, who tends to be not very bright, but usually extremely nice and respectful. Think Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove, or maybe a golden retriever.

I'm perfectly fine with the objectification of men that apparently do not have much more to offer than their obvious physical beauty. After all, showing appreciation for someone with outstanding physical attributes is perfectly acceptable in the straight world. So I like a Himbo. He's not there to be praised by his brain or academic discipline he's there because he looks good enough to eat. I guess this post goes out to that reader of Big's who was wondering if he should look like the men we ogle because, well, they're gorgeous. The answer is no.



Himbos have been around for ages. They are nothing new, mind you. The word itself has been around for awhile. It's apparently a combo of 'him' and 'bimbo'. Simple, no? And even Merriam-Webster includes it as an actual entry. Who knew? It's a portmanteau that includes multitudes. I tend to throw into this heap the 'hunk', the 'hottie' and the 'heartthrob'. They all have one purpose: eye candy and not much more. And why should they? They are there for us to look at. They are genetically gifted individuals (in mass and size) who work very hard to look the way they do.



The gay gaze tends to put an enormous weight on the physical appearance of males and it disregards anything else apart from the man's chest dimensions and percentage of body fat. And that's some gay men's burden. We tend to put a lot of weight in physical appearance to attract possible mates, so this should not surprise anybody. We do that to ourselves. The thing is that now the Himbo has migrated from the big screen to the small screen and from Hollywood to social media. Yep. Social media is full of men whose only and most redeeming quality is to be unabashedly gorgeous.



They nonchalantly remove their clothes at the least insinuation and concoct ways to be shirtless at the least provocation. And if there's water, they'll be pantsless in a heartbeat. Who can go against that? Most importantly, the Himbo consistently comes across as nice. Yep, they've scrubbed their persona of most things undesirable and present this image of perfection that we all know is cultivated, but that we enjoy because they come across as NICE. And relatable. Very few Himbos seem to be afflicted by the toxic masculinity that affects the Impotus Americanus and his minions  and happily display their -numerous and beautiful- wares for the world to gawk at. They post inspirational quotes, plug snake oil that'll obviously not give you what genetics gave them and a display a carefully curated lifestyle that very few people could even afford. But they're nice boys. And that's what counts.

So here's for the Himbo, in all his manscaped, gym-toned glory. We don't need him to be smart. We just need him to be pretty.



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Daniel Montoya (@danielmontoyam87) on










A post shared by Tom Zalac (@tomzalac) on


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by antony (@antonytran) on













View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Curtis Fitzgerald (@gpphysique) on


And now that I have your attention and your pants are a little bit tighter, here's today's PSA:


"There are so many ways to be beautiful. Find yours.."
We don't need to be LIKE the Himbo. All we have to do is appreciate his beauty.


Oh, you wanna know what else inspired this Himbo post? Here you go:



I did not learn anything about planting flowers, but I did enjoy those low-panning shots of his upper legs... and yes, Dave, he's over six feet tall.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Too funny. All your 'inspirational' instagram posts made me giggle. So... very... vapid. I adore the dopey little puppies with their six pack abs and zero percent body fat. They are ageless and evergreen. I tell you... smart beats pretty every time. And for me, it are the physical flaws (or what is considered such by modern society) that make a person attractive. Yes, we all need to take care of ourselves and scrub it and put in some effort, but we earn our lines, our little pooch, our stubborn love handles... fuck pretty. Social media, man... has created the worst sort of human beings - they make it simple for buffy and biff to snap a pic, post it, say something inane and they get rewarded for it, while there are authors writing books of great quality and dimension that end up at the dollar store. SMH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      They're soooo earnest. It's endearing. And I agree with you: it's the physical flaws that maketh the man. It's always that little 'imperfection' what makes a man sexy. Especially if he does not give a fuck about it. Smart does beat pretty. Pretty fades pretty fast.
      Social media is the scourge of our times. You have no idea how much money some of those 'influencers' make, while real talent languishes away....

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. sorry, I value intelligence over looks. that's why my friends are all smart gay men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Anne Marie,
      You are a discerning woman. You cannot get tricked by the smoke and mirrors....

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I enjoy looking at a 'himbo' but I need brains in my menfolk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I need the substance. I need to know he can think. I don't need a dissertation every time he opens his mouth, but really, airheads....

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Yep, eye candy, and usually no one home upstairs. But I do appreciate their hard work and curated lifestyle. Nice work if you can get it.

    I on the other hand, don’t have the time or inclination to do all that work in my advanced years. I’ll just snack on them.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Yep, you do like them pretty. And there's no shame on that. Pretty needs to be admired, that's why it IS pretty.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Yum! I adore each and every one of them. For about 5 minutes. After that, my mind wanders and begins humming "Is that all there is?" Because, frankly, that's all there is to them. Pretty looks and a skimpy outfit. When it comes to conversation...who am I kidding? What conversation? I'd much rather lose myself in the pages of a good book. There's more depth to paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Five minutes is probably a good time limit to decide if the pretty comes with something else. But we all need something MORE. Having only pretty is like having cotton candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner...
      Now, a good book, on the other hand...

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Now, wait...no one said anything about cotton candy! Let me rephrase...

      Delete
  6. Smarts is a turn on for me. But you can't find that out until you bed them at least once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.
      And oh. Yes. If a man is smart and can fuck, his feat is sealed. I'm keeping him.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. What a great post, Six. You hit every point perfectly. (Thanks for the shout-out, too!)

    The only problem with Himbos, for me anyway, is my neck gets sore from my head snapping around back and forth between the Binmbo and the Himbo; the curse of the Bisexual!

    I appreciate beauty - even the scultped beauty - but give me brains for the long haul. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      You're welcome, Big. His question did resonate.
      And that's what happens when you can appreciate beauty both in men and in women! LOL
      And brains over brawn forever!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. The guy in the video....he is so cute and fun...thats what I like. I just bet he's bad in bed too. Now the HIMBO. I agree with all you said. I noticed as I get into my late forties however, I have less threshold for looking at skin blogs and himbos on Instagram. Oh sure there nice to look at, but I won't follow them. I mostly only follow people I know or that I have a repour with or bloggers I know. There are several himbo I follow that will answer back and we now dm each other. That's what I like. And when it comes to the blogs. I very seldom visit ones anymore if it's just men after men . Skin blogs are so dime a dozen. As I told Upton....i need more meat so to speak with visuals and other written material to get talk going...like you, him and Pat. Ones that cross the spectrum. Now this is sexy. I told pat in regards to that email, I had gotten a nasty email once about my candy shop..just show casing impossible beautiful men. The person said I was not helping with the issue of body shaming for gay men and men in general. They asked why bloggers don't showcase everyday men? Well, I sort of did feel bad then but I basically see it how you do. Plus they are damn gorgeous!!!! I would like to think most know they aren't the normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell no. The Candy Shop? That's a staple! We all need a dose of Himbo once in awhile...
      And I love how perceptive you are. The guy in the video is cute and tall and charming but yes, probably not very ... proficient in bed.
      Apparently he was one of those golden couples on YouTube and he JUST divorced his husband of not too long. Beauty really is only skin deep. He's nice and all but...
      And yes, yes, yes! Substance is what brings me to yard. Yeah, the milkshake is nice and all but you'll still be hungry after you have it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Himbos are nice, they're like dogs. They are very trainable. They can be very intelligent, they just tend to lose focus... like dogs. Yo u can have a very intelligent conversation with one, as long as you have a box of biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, Dave.
      If I want a puppy I'll get a Lab.
      And by a box of biscuits I take you mean a big dick?

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I have to admit that I didn't know what a Himbo was until I read your blog. I am living up to my dumb, white guy name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha
    Oh, Mr. Shife.
    Always learning. Who knew showing handsome men could be so educational? You know I dive deep in the sea of iniquity that's the internet just for pedagogy.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never have I ever liked either of the Hemsworth brothers. 🙄 Taylor Lautner and Jacob Elordi, on the other hand... 😏 Classic teen jocks! 💪🏻 Those IG photos you shared don't do a thing, though. 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.