Go back in time

Show more

BROCKHAMPTON



I really don't do drugs very often. I was thinking about it because dear Anne Marie posted that she was feeling no pain after her physician prescribed some drugs to help her post op recovery (feel better Anne Marie!). I have very seldom dipped my toe in the recreational drug pond. I never really did drugs when I was a teen. Or when I was in my twenties. I did hang out with all kind of people who enjoyed them, hough: sedated stoners, the occasional coke users, many functioning alcoholics, the groovy MDMA and amphetamine users,  you name it, I hung out with them. Sometimes when we would go out dancing I think I was the only sober person in the room. I never did any of the drugs because I really didn't know the effect they were going to have on me. I witnessed some unpleasant reactions some times. Never felt the need or curiosity, I guess. Not even poppers seemed alluring. I think I tried Poppers once or twice and it was not pretty. Apparently Poppers gives me terrible headaches (my head felt like when you take V, but times ten!) and that basically beats its purpose. I think it's because it is a vasodilator? I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

So nowadays I only do drugs during December because I have a two-week break and I have the free time and I usually get together with some friends who love pot and I have figured out how to enjoy the ride. I am still not a good pot smoker. I cough too much (I inhale, natch). I have discovered that I like a bong or hookah pipe better than just rolled cigarettes. I'd rather have an edible or a pot muffin over smoking, though. I have a funny/scary story about edibles, though: I saw some gummy bears and I was told it was an edible. I was like, yay! and I ate it. The whole thing. Because I'm an idiot. It was during Pride weekend in Milwaukee. Last thing I remember was getting on that cable car thingy that takes you along the Henry Maier. If you know me, you KNEW something was going on. I don't get on things that take off the ground that easily. And there I was, taking selfies and waving hello to our friends and everybody who would wave my way. I was having a blast. The thing is, after some dancing and a corn dog, all I wanted to do was sleep. It was a very Alice in Wonderland experience.

The thing you have to keep in mind when you don't do drugs but decide to try one is that you need to be among friends and people you trust. And people who know how drugs work. Our sense of caution is dulled. Doing any kind of recreational drugs (and by that I mean pot or alcohol) requires a very controlled environment for me. And I have to make sure I don't over do it because I'm basically not used to it, so whether I have two drinks or take a hit is kind of amplified. And I inevitably fall asleep. Always.

When I watched this video by Brockhampton all I could think was 'OMG yes, this is how that feels like!'. Altered states could be fun, but they also have a lose-control/unpredictability that kind of puts me en garde. I'm slightly OCD, so I need to know that I have at least some level of control over my actions. I can let go for just so long before I start to really stop enjoying the feeling. I guess that's why I only do drugs during December.

XOXO


P.S. Remember when all the stoners used to wear this t-shirt? LMAOOO



BTW, BROCKHAMPTON is a very cool music collective. And Kevin Abstract is a queer musician making waves with this approach to both redefining what a 'boy band' is and what collabs sound like. I'm sold. If you feel like it, you can also check Brockhampton's collab with i-D: a super cool, limited edition 'zine.

Comments

  1. As you know, this good cat-lic boy has never done drugs, other than alcohol. I’ve never smoked because I choke on second hand cigarette smoke, though pipe smoke doesn’t seem to bother me so much. I didn’t hang out with the “it” crowd and was pretty much a homebody.

    We’ve talked about possibly doing edibles when we got away, but that never came about, unfortunately. Maybe someday we can schedule something. I think it would be a hoot to get high with you.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What night is this? I want it. I bet you two would be so fun!!!!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha of course you didn't do drugs.
      And we did talk about that. I would do edibles only under adult supervision! LOL
      Can you imagine edibles and Maddie! Hahaha

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Wine's my only drug, and it's fine occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine is fab.
      I'm not a wine connoisseur, but I prefer it to any other liquor.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Pot makes me paranoid, so it is just something I've done a couple of times. I've never done cocaine as I don't need to be juiced up. People always think I'm on coke in my natural state.
    As for Anne Marie and legal drugs,....I once was talking with a surgeon who was doing research about the use of pediatric doses of drugs on adults. Since I am almost the same size as AM, I take half of what is prescribed when in pain. It works for me and I have quite a stash of Oxycodone for emergencies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it makes many of my friends totally paranoid, too!
      And I feel the same about cocaine. Ugh. Way too much.
      I cackled at the thought of you having some Oxycodone 'for emergencies'. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I loathe the smell of pot, and so when I was first offered it, I thought, Why take that acrid smell into my lungs. No thanks.
    I did speed once, but it had little to no effect on me so, yeah, no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.
      You can smell it a mile away. I think that's part of the allure of edibles.
      And Speed, huh? I'm glad you didn't feel anything. Some people say it's overwhelming.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. am monomaniac, but for me the only drug is sex. I don't use popper (it makes me lose my erection and I'm only top, about anal sex) I don't use anything to alter my state of consciousness. I'm a monomaniac, I know. But I only want and seek and excite me only sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are getting cuter and cuter!

      Delete
    2. I like how you think, Xersex.
      I really do. If one is going to concentrate one's thoughts on something, why not sex?
      And if poppers affects your boner, then to the trash with it!
      Every boner is a blessing.

      XOXO

      Delete
    3. From your comment, I read a misunderstanding.
      I was born focused on sex. I don't need to make any decision to focus on sex instead of anything else. My whole being is focused only on sex. For me drugs and poppers are junk or at least, stuff that doesn't exist for me. There are for me males, kisses, their cocks, their cum I want inside me via my mouth!!!

      Delete
    4. To tell you the truth, there could be worse things...

      XOXO

      Delete
    5. I'm aware of that!

      Delete
  6. Oh. I like that vid. Seriously captures some sh*t. I'm like you dear... I don't invite trouble. It seems to have no trouble finding me on its own. So, no drugs for me on an on-going basis. When I broke my neck they wanted to put me on morphine and I was like... hell to the no. I did that stuff. It was awful getting off it. So I know enough to turn down all that crap, even the prescribed stuff. That said. I still want to do E. I would have to be in a very good place, but I still want to experience that. But I've tried things. I just know never to do them again. I, too, have seen too many causalities. And one of my best friends ever severed our relationship when I took him to task for his usage. I don't regret it. It was my place. He needed to own his sh*t or get out of my life. I did not coach it in those terms, but he chose the latter. His choice. Me? I'm f'd up enough. I don't need to add chemicals to the mix. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it super cool? It reminded me of the vibe the edible gave me.
      And I cannot believe you broke your neck! That should have been painful! Glad you recovered. E can be trippy but I have never tried it. Not even when I used to go to Raves. And losing a friend to addiction is super hard.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I got ***drunk*** only once. The next day everyone was talking about how much fun we had. I didn't remember any of it. Never drank like that again. Pot never had any effect on me. None. I did speed once...rehearsals had been brutal and I needed to stay awake and alert. Didn't sleep for three days. Then I crashed - hard and damn near missed curtain. Had I blown it, I would've been fired. No bueno. Other drugs, coke or what have you, hold no appeal for some reason. Bottom line: I have an occasional drink. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think that's one of the things I don't like about drugs in general: the possibility of blacking out. It freaks me out. And I can imagine coming down from that high. Whoa. Three days?

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I'm only on oxycodone for post-op pain. I have never been a drug addict or a drunk. I DO like my gin and wine occasionally. we all have our vices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine there should be some discomfort after having work done in both legs. Hope you feel better very soon!
      I like gin in cocktails. Yum.
      And I tend to like mild wines. Two glasses and I'm done! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I have never been much into drugs...even when sick, or a headache. I prefer to heal on my own first. The doctor once asked if I was a Scientologist !!!!! I never have been in hospital or broke anything or surgeries, so never been on pain killers. Drinking was always my main vice.

    That said when glamping I do smoke a little weed in the form of a glass bowl. Edibles? Yikes! For some reason, get really wacko on them. I did the same thing you did once and hate three pot brownies because I was hungry. But truth be told, I thought they were regular brownie's. OMG!!!

    The only other thing is did a few times back when I stared going clubbing in NYC was a hit of coke here and there. But I let that stuff go. Nope. Too much nasty tasting stuff the next day. Poppers I will still do from time to time. I have no problem getting my cock hard on command, but those things make my dick feel like a rock hard, steel arrow that would pierce titanium. And the Lad or Warbucks can look forward to a few good rides if I whiff that stuff.

    What time are you home tonight? LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      I have taken the occasional Ibuprofen when I've thrown my back, but that's about it. I can imagine your face when the doc asked you if you were a Scientologist! LOL
      And glamping and weed should go along great! That's an idea! And Three pot brownies! Whoa. Bet you did feel like I did. Ha!
      And I know people who like Poppers. And know how to use it. A steel arrow, huh? The Lad is lucky!
      I'll be home by four, btw LMAOOO

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Same as many here, drinking is my major vice...mostly mixed drink and beer. Never really used any other drugs. Have done poppers a few times. The rush is something. And it does feel rather like the dick gets even harder. But I refrain from using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like mixed drinks. Especially cocktails. I find the taste of hard liquor a little too overwhelming. I don't like beer. Too bitter and it makes me feel bloated.
      The rush of Poppers for me does not justify the feeling of having a headache.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. "I'm high on life! Life, and America!" I bet you're not old enough to know where that quotation comes from. But *sob* I am, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I did go to google but I got nothing!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  12. I am like you. I drink and that's about it. I did dabble in college (mainly pot). I didn't like the feel of it however, but still had a blast. In medical school I hung out with friends who did MDMA a lot. Watching them enjoy life was enough of a high for me. Plus I always felt like I had to watch out for a bestie who took it almost every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Same! You have no idea how many wallets, watches and phones I took care of. People would leave their stuff near me cause they knew I was sober. And MDMA was apparently very popular!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.