Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Zachary…

 



@zacharyiswackary or Zach Bruner is one of those artists that seems to be reading my mind. Not because I look exactly like the beautiful men he draws, but because the men he draws do things that I also do. And yes, I've found myself in some precarious positions, like the men in his drawings, but most often than not, it's the most mundane, everyday tableaus that he presents the ones that best describes my life. That one that totally is a mood waiting for the CTA train in any of the Red Line stations? Yes ...




When @zacharyiswackary draws, he seems to be peeking into my weekends and sometimes into my everyday. Yes, I do read my books in bed, and yes, there's sometimes takeout piled up on the table (well, it's not a table, but those beer boxes do their job) in front of the sofa. I'm telling you. Domesticity is sometimes really sexy.



Having a man over and falling asleep next to him is sexy. Yes. Also, I have been known to get up in the middle of the night to munch on something. 


Ohhh I swear to the goddess. This is JUST LIKE the Kathy Osterman beach in Edgewater in Chicago (also known as the Hollywood beach or the gay beach) any weekend in July. This man has been to my beach!!!


He has apparently also been checking some of the videos I watch for... research?


Ok, @zacharyiswackary has been stalking my dreams!!! I was just dreaming about this two nights ago!!
Why, yes, I have been thinking what would happen if @tenochhuerta and @prideofgypsies would decide to join my multiverse.


XOXO

P.S. he did the illustration for one of my December posts, too. But I have not done that one. Yet.

Comments

  1. another precious graphis artist I'm following now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      He deserves it! He's super talented.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised Marvel Studios doesn't take him to court on that last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Oh no. You've not seen fanart, right?
      It's probably under fair use. This drawing is not stopping DC Comics or Marvel to make boatloads of money off of Namor and Aquaman.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1/27/2023

    Big says,
    I can say one thing for sure, here: I love the vibrancy. Not only the colors he chooses but the scenes he depicts. There's life in them. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      They're so vivid. And so... real?? Like literally slices of life.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1/27/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I love his work. Such passion and depth of feelings.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it.
      I would love a t-shirt with one of these drawings.


      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Love the drawings. And, when you get around to doing the Christmas lights I want a copy of the picture please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're adorable!
      And I promise that if I do the xmas lights you'll be the first to know!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. He's got a bright, colourful 'n cheery style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he?
      I love his use of light, seriously. The drawings seem to have their own LED bulbs behind them!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. The last drawing looks like Jason Mamoa as Aqua Man.
    ps I've been able to get to your site everyday this week except one. Though sometimes as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo!
      It's Namor and Aquaman on the verge of getting it on. I had a dream about that same situation LOL
      And you know how terrible Blogger can be. I cannot comment from Safari, but I can work miracles from Chrome, of course.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. If that reminds you of Edgewater Beach you need to take me there.. if you think we can behave ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no.
      Those thirsty bitches would trample me to get to you. Especially if you have your tits out and a square cut. LOL

      You'd love that beach in the summer! I've been telling you for AGES that you need to come visit Chi!

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Well I don't want you to get trampled. Maybe I should lay on top of you?

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha
      Well, that would put us both in very precarious situations. And it would cause some of those gays to try and off me so they can take my place.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. How lovely. I love domestic scenes. I tire of all the perfection, the overly sculpted male form - isn't it captured enough? Aren't we force fed it constantly? Isn't that why all the gym bunnies have to take roids in order to maintain? He's a very talented artist. I would just like to see a touch or two of realism amid all the idealized splendor. Thanks for sharing. You're a boffo curator, my dear. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the men here are pretty much realistic, TBH. I should post the Tom Of Finland clones to make a comparison. And both have room in the idealized world of art. Remember, these are renderings, idealized by default (even though I do get up in my V fronts in the middle of the night to drink water) and that is allowed in art. A photo, though... that's different. That's when the roid overdose gets boring.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.