Go back in time

Show more

If It Makes You Happy




Oh, so I went to Wonderland Burlesque and I stole yet another quiz. Because of course I did.


1/ What makes you happy? Right now.



Nature. It's been a lifesaver during this pandemic. I don't know what I would have done if I did not have my daily runs/walks. 



Blogging. I have rediscovered blogging and I have realized I really like it. It's been especially cathartic during the pandemic, if I'm going to be sincere. After my Tumblr was shut down because it was too smutty, I came back to blogger not really thinking it would take again. But it did.


2/ What are you looking forward to this weekend?



I'm going crate digging for the first time in many months. I'm excited. There's this record store in Flossmoor I've been wanting to go to that apparently has a treasure trove of 80's and World Music records. They also have some cool mid-century stuff and I'm planning to get at least one cute trinket to feed my hoarding. 


3/ What are you looking forward to once there is a vaccine that works and life resumes to a state similar to the way it was pre-Covid 19?




"I thought my answer would be to hook-up with some random, but this covid thing has kind of poured a whole lot of cold water on that previously raging fire. I dunno." Upton

For a second there I was like 'that's a mood'. Then I thought that what I'm going to enjoy most is going back to museums. We had established a schedule and were planning the Fall season going to several new exhibits and whatnot. I can't wait to be able to go back to doing that even though I will have to stay away from people. I won't trust big gatherings even if there's a vaccine.



4/ What season of the year makes you the happiest?



Summer. Hands down. Like Maddie, I'm a tropical fruit. 


5/ What holiday or celebration makes you the happiest?


I grew up Catholic, but my putative family is Jewish, so I've learned to celebrate Hanukkah. It's funny, because most of the things that they consider routine and almost pedestrian during those days I find fascinating. I love the blue lights, and the Latkes and the chocolate coins and the dreidel. It's always new for me.


6/ What is a food that fills you with happiness?






Pho. I love Pho and I'll eat it all year round. If you haven't given it a try, I'd recommend it. It's delicious. And it can be made vegan.


7/ Name a song that makes you happy when you hear it?




Into the Groove, by Madonna. I hear that song and I'm up and jumping all over the place in no time. I'd dance alone if nobody is available.  I love that song. It's so fun, and joyous and uncomplicated. It's about love, and a boy, and dancing, and I totally feel it.



8/ What hobby or activity always puts you in a great or better mood?



I've discovered that I like gardening. I had no idea I liked plants that much. You'd say is way too millenial to get into plants now, but it's true. I actually enjoy my plants thoroughly. Surprisingly, I am looking forward to next Spring. I want tulips this time around.


9/ What do you do that makes other people happy?



I laugh. I guess that's it. I have been known for being 'bubbly'. I think laughing is contagious.  


10/ What was the happiest day of your life, so far?


There have been so many... I'm one of those people who think that happiness is a collection of moments. I could not choose just one. Really.

So that's it. It's my silver linings playlist, if you will.

But I'm with Sheryl. I'd still get stoned. I'm not the kind of boy you'd take home.

XOXO










Comments

  1. As I was leaving the West Coast to move to Miami to be with Carlos some twenty-something years ago, my parents dropped me off at the airport with hugs and kisses and such.
    My father hugged me and said two simple word: "Be happy."
    Simple advice; the best advice. Look for the happiness every day because it is there; it might be something you could gloss over if you don't pay attention, but it's there. Am I happy all day every day? No. But every day something makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Every day something makes me happy.' I love that sentiment!

      Delete
    2. That's fantastic.
      Best advice ever.

      And I agree with Big. That's the frame of mind I want to be in. Silver linings FTW!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Here are my answers from Upton's blog.
    1. Iced tea. I have a bottomless glass. Floating in my pool (naked). Music. Reading. Writing. Yes, I am a writer as if people couldn't tell. (fiction, non-fiction, stage scripts).
    2. Wishing I could ignore the fuss over my birthday. Just a simple "Happy birthday" makes me happy. I don't need or want all the other bs. But I always look forward to the poppyseed cake my wife makes for me each year.
    3. A nice, long, gentle massage. Hopefully, we can go back to seeing the AMC OscarFest.
    4. Summer. Always. Give me sun and a place to be naked. (You, me, and Maddie!)
    5. None of them. I've always hated the holidays. Especially Christmas: Months of prep and fuss for a few hours of reward.
    6. Italian. Anything Italian.
    7. "When You Wish Upon a Star" - Ronstadt's cover. It always says there is a glimmer of hope.
    8. Nude swimming, at home or at the beach, but especially the beach 'cause I get to people watch.
    9. Listen, apparently. I have friends who call just so they can vent or complain because I just sit and listen without judgement.
    10. I don't think it's happened yet. Maybe when someone finds a cure, or at least treatment that works, for my M.D.?
    Though, I have to add here, I've always been known as an upbeat person. I'm almost always smiling, laughing, and I usually have a very positive attitude (though the asshat in the WH is sorely testing that right now!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      So many good things here, Big.
      Hahaha fingers crossed next summer we're going to be able to plan a swimming getaway. Naked.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I want to know how you inserted those GIFs in New Blogger! Did you already have them in a pre-existing file so you had the code? If not, how did you bring them in from the internet somewhere? Inserting GIFs is the one thing I cannot figure out in New Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Ok, so it's not too hard: you'll have to go to the editing menu and click on the little icon to the right of the 'link' icon. Hover over it and it'll say 'insert image'. You'll be able to upload the gif from your computer or from a url. Check the url. Some don't seem to be able to translate in the 'new and improved' blogger.
      Now, if I could learn how to embed IG posts here...

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the advice! I'll give it another try, although that doesn't seem to work on my computer. Maybe I'm not storing the GIF in the right place on my computer? It's very frustrating.

      Delete
    3. Hey, I figured it out! I WAS storing the GIFs in the wrong place on my computer. Now I'm back in biz, baby! Thanks for your help!

      Delete
  4. I feel I'm getting to really knew you and had guessed many answers, but I still did learn a few thing about you still.

    What makes you happy? Right now. I'll go with coffee. You don't what to know what I was doing before that that , that was asking me happy. But if you mean in general...definelty nature as you probably guessed.

    What are you looking forward to this weekend? I think a walk in New Hope and possibly hit a meal out again since I know when and where to go at the right time.

    What are you looking forward to once there is a vaccine that works and life resumes to a state similar to the way it was pre-Covid 19? Traveling and a job, and lots of sex.

    What season of the year makes you the happiest? SUMMER!

    My holidays are Thanksgiving and then Halloween. I love the décor of both.

    What is a food that fills you with happiness? Cheese cheese cheese! I'm a mouse!!!!
    Name a song that makes you happy when you hear it? Tears Dry on Their Own-Amy Winehouse
    What hobby or activity always puts you in a great or better mood? Can't lie. Sex or masturbating.

    What do you do that makes other people happy? I try to make them laugh with my non sense, and funny stories and jokes.

    What was the happiest day of your life, so far? Boy that's a hard one. I think my happiest day always seem to happen at a beach though. I'm always very gleeful when at the beach.The day I got my own place was a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Traveling and going back to our jobs and lots of sex. Yes!
      I also love Amy. You know that.
      And I think getting our own place should be awesome. I'm looking forward to getting mine...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I've no time to answer, but it's a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dogs make me happy, clean sheets, and breezy days when the wind gently rubs my face, and every season: crisp autumn, crunchy snow under my boots, spring buds, and summer walks. Not a big holiday fan, Hallmark and TV specials have trivialized them to death, but most of all it's the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh clean sheets and crisp autumn days! Yes!
      And I can see you love the doggies. They're adorable!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love this sugar! The layout is amazing. And your answers! So much fun. Thanks for doing this and the shout out. And yes, museums. I forgot. But I would go and stare at stuff. And if my libido ever returns and I get brave enough... maybe I'd scope out the mens rooms, too! Thanks. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, Upton! You came up with the idea.
      LOL it figures a peek at the men's room would not hurt, huh?
      After looking at those naked statues, one gets curious.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I also would love the peacefulness of museums. It’s been years since I’ve been to one. The beauty, the knowledge, it all comes together.

    Great post babe.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have no idea how I've missed going to the Art Institute. I was ready to get a coloring book they were selling when the pandemic stroke.
      We are members, so I'll probably go to the member-only hours they're offering.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.