Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Jada...



No, Dave. No snarling guitars. What you’ll find here is deep rhythm and sultry lyrics. And then that video. I think it's hot. It's the magic of music, I guess. In any case, Jada does it for me. I like her voice, I like the lyrics, I like the beat, I like the vibe. I like the visuals. And I don’t even like girls that way.

I think there's more and more queer artists who decide to be true to themselves and use the correct pronouns and put in their videos what THEY find attractive. I wish more queer artists would do what Jada did here: put the object of her affection front and center. I don't know if that'll preclude her from finding support in mainstream radio and that's maybe why we don't get more of these great voices and points of view on the radio. I wish they were better known. But nowadays good artists don't need the radio. They have their social media and online resources, but their voices need to be heard first. Their points of view analized. I think that's why I usually showcase queer artists on this blog. Representation matters, am I right?

So this is Jada Michael. A week ago I did not know anything about her and today I'm looking on iTunes to see if I can get her music (alas, no, but she's got a SOUNDCLOUD) and you can get her songs on her webiste. Because I can appreciate someone who's going for what they want. And Jada is doing it, honey.

XOXO



P.S. Here's another song to get you in the mood for summer:

Comments

  1. Sultry is the perfect description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?
      I think her music has a great vibe.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sultry always hits the mark. Music has always been such a huge part of my existence. Thanks for introducing me to a new artist! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!
      There's so many artists out there waiting to be discovered...
      Music makes the people come together, says Madonna. And I believe her.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I loved the second song!!! I have never heard of her. We are on the same wave yet again. My Saturday post is of the same nature.

    I also just watched two more gay movies....The Art of Being Straight and Knife Heart which is subtitled. The latter is a little bizarre…...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we are! Yay!
      The second song screams SUMMER! To me.
      And I'll have to check those movies out. I hope they have them for streaming!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I think you and I would fight over the same type of man, but not over the same type music. (grin) I'm on a Teddy Swims kick at the moment

    And since Maddie brought up movies,..."Circus Of Books" on Netflix is a gay must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I think so, too!
      (Googles Teddy Swims)
      Ohhh Teddy is smooth! Teddy bear indeed.

      And take a look at today's post!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Okay is it just me or does that song make you want to have sex? Lol!
    I don't think I've heard of her before but Steve like! :D
    Yes it's awesome that gay people are starting to incorporate their actual sexuality into their art. In twenty years it will be nothing, normal people won't think twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it does! LOL
      I thought it was really smooth and sexy and intimate. Really like her voice.
      I love it when LGBTQ artists are just.. artists.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Yowza! Love the song, love the video! Except for that gratuitous snake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      I though you'd like it. Heh.
      I think the snake is very Anna and Eve, very symbolic.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I know you're going to think this rather queer of me, but I prefer male vocalists... hair on the chest helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I think that's queer of you, Dave.
      Duh.
      And I like make vocalists too! Hair chest or not...

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. As MC would say, "I don't know HA"...

    But, I can take a listen, sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.