Go back in time

Show more

On how life is...


Funny, isn't it? When lots of things happen but you feel only a few have? I feel like that when I go through a marathon of stuff. First, I had to go to Pitt to register. Lucky that I got to see my advisor and my dissertation chair. Pity that the latter overlooked mentioning that he never wrote a letter of recommendation for my new job. Lucky again that I managed to convince him long-distance of my good intentions and hopefully, he wrote it. Will have to wait until next week to see if he stuck to his word -that's shaky, to say the least- and I'll be a little less in trouble.

But my interview was abysmal. I behaved like a beginner without any knowledge of anything. Or something like that. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself but I did not leave that interview room happy. It could -and should- have been so much better! But oh, well. Nothing to do now. Only wait and see if I got a campus interview. And then start it all over again.

And this week is my last 'free' week. I have to finish working on the second chapter of my dissertation and then move on to organize my syllabi and then get ready for the beginning-of-semester madness. But that can wait. Right now I'm trying to come to terms with his new 'attitude'. He's mellowed or something like that. Which is good, don't get me wrong. It's so very bizarre that I don't know how to react to it. And sometimes I go back to my old behaviour and shut down, which is not good. But only time can tell if things will get more stable before the whole couples therapy thing starts.

Oh, well. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to rest, and prepare myself mentally for what promises to be a really draining semester.

And that's good enough for now.

Comments

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.