Go back in time

Show more

Samhain






Samhain (/ˈsɑːwɪn, ˈsaʊɪn/; Irish: [ˈsˠəuɪnʲ]) is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the "darker half" of the year. Traditionally, it is celebrated from 31 October to 1 November, as the Celtic day began and ended at sunset. This is about halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals, along with Imbolc, Bealtaine and Lughnasadh. Historically, it was widely observed throughout Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man. Similar festivals are held at the same time of year in other Celtic lands; for example the Brythonic Calan Gaeaf (in Wales), Kalan Gwav (in Cornwall), and Kalan Goañv (in Brittany), both Celtic branches are roughly as old as each other. 







Hope you have a great Hallow's Eve. I like Halloween because as an adult, it feels very pagan. It's about fantasy and the unknown, basically. And as a queer man, it feels like all fantasies can come true that day. You can be anything and anybody you want to be. Like in the Army.

It's also a holiday rooted in ancient pagan beliefs, and I'm all for anything that goes against the stranglehold of xtianity on the sanity of peoples. It's a holiday imbued with myriad stories and traditions that puritanical 19th century Americans tried to tame and sugarcoat so it could be enjoyed without guilt. But it thankfully remains a truly pagan celebration at heart. And who hasn't enjoyed a good gothic tale inspired by Halloween in which the two protagonists are male? Anyone? I have. 

This year I have decided that I may get in a sailor's uniform and treat myself to some chocolate. I may even give out some candy. I have not dressed up in many, many years, especially because these last October 31 days have been too cold to go out and have some fun. They've also been on school nights and there's no power on earth who would make me come home and then go out in the middle of the week. I'll make sure to stay indoors this year but the lure of candy sure is powerful. And also, those sailor pants make my butt look cute. So why not?

So get some hot cider and curl up in front of a fire tonight if you don't go out. Read or watch something scary, or titillating. Or both

xoxo



The art is by Patrick Fillion, who has a talent for drawing exactly what I need to see.


Comments

  1. YOWZA! who WOULDN'T want to get a big cock in their goodie sack this halloween! big cock beats a chocolate candy bar by a mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sailor 😉. Got some time for me? I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of seeing you in the sailor pants. But I’ve seen you in a lot of other pants that make your butt look cute. Well, all of your pants make your butt look cute.

    We all need to escape to fantasy from time to time. And what better time than when the rest of the world is letting it all hang out. So, I agree, dress up, have some fun and enjoy your favorite candy and a hot toddy or two. And as for a scary story, just turn on the news. 😕

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you did was get me horny with these comics and a image of you in a sailors uniform. Happy Samhain to you. I will take it easy and have espresso martinis tonight in New Hope. If I'm tipsy enough, maybe I'll lat a guy feel my samhain tonight for a ritual.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.