Go back in time

Show more

Full body



So with this working from home situation I have realized that I sometimes cannot complete the full circles in my watch (it's an AppleWatch thing, that tells you to move if you've been too sedentary). Even though I’m taking a short run almost every day, I am  supplementing that with a little bit of exercise at home. One, because I’ve been eating like an animal and if keeps going like this, I’m gonna gain two hundred pounds during this whole social distancing debacle. Two, because the weather is still unpredictable and I don't like to run in the rain and the cold. Not pretty.

So I went to Google and immediately YouTube gave me suggestions. Sometimes knowing Big Brother is watching is unsettling. But hey. We need to take advantage of everything. So I went down the rabbit hole looking for some short, doable series of exercises that would keep me active and keep the chunk at bay. Yo would not believe the variety. The series I post here is by Sam Cushing and I find it to be accessible enough. Obviously, I cannot make the same exercises he does the way he does them. I would need more training, more stamina and, of course that body. Not happening. Especially that side squat and the pushups. I do girl pushups. Don’t you dare judge me.

But I have found that including these in my daily routine gives my mornings (and days) a sometimes necessary boost and some sorely needed structure. One of the worst things about the Pandemic is that the days that before were organized and full of activities, meetings, errands and movement seem like a distant memory now. Now my days seem to be centered on the same rooms at home and the occasional excursion to the outside world, where we try to do social distancing and stay away from the idiots who do not wear masks.

So you should give these exercise routines a try and let me know what you think. I found them fun and hello, eye candy!

XOXO

Oh. Here. In case you like a little bit of variety.



You're welcome.


Comments

  1. Like you I’ve become way too sedentary. I used to be able to walk up seven stories a couple of time a day to my office, and now with the weather getting nicer taking the dogs to the dog park. Now my activity consists of moving my laptop from the kitchen table where I prefer to spend most of my day, up to the home office upstairs when I need to make sure the dogs barking at some stupid rabbits in the yard won’t interrupt my seemingly endless meetings.

    I’ll have to find some way to add more activity. Thanks for the suggestions babe. And the great eye candy.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I know eye candy always motivates you. And these are just five to eight minute 'workouts'. I use them to get me started in the morning when it's rainy and dreary.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. nice ass shots! but that's not for me, as I have arthritis and cannot get down on a floor. I found senior yoga and senior ballet moves, done with a chair for support. THAT I can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior ballet sounds like something fun! Ballet gives fantastic muscle control. Hey, if it keeps us busy and moving, I'm all for it!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. We do yoga at home, but, quick question, is it bad I just watched these guys or should I have gotten up and done some exercise??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga is awesome. It centers me.
      And watching is educational. I have always said it. Especially if it involves handsome, fit men in skimpy, tight sportswear....

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Oh, a gym buddy. I could watch him workout everyday (while I hold the chair down).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      A workout is a workout is a workout.
      I could watch him do most anything as long as he keeps his shirt off..

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I don't know. Apparently something some people enjoy doing.
      Go figure!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I think Cali Boi knows him. He shared this with me . I think they may be friends. About two years ago, he sent me exercises to do that are almost a repeat of this video to do at home...and things to do with hand weights, since I hate gyms. I do them every two days. In between that i do my run at the lake. Every once in a while Cali will ask for pictures if text or if we Skype...so he can see im not Jabba the Hut yet. He's always puzzled though why i have clothes on and to his dismay , not naked. But that's another story. Now maybe if he gets Sam there with them.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh bet Cali Boi knows him (BTW, where IS he?). I think no-equipment at-home exercises are very convenient. Exercise machines (and some gyms) intimidate me. And running is super cool. I do run/walk because I'm a weakling.
      And of course CaliBoi would ask for some nudies. Hahaha.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. ... you mean you can't do lunges? Side or otherwise. I hate them, but they are rather essential. Always remember, your legs are the engines of you body and strong engines mean a strong core.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave!
      I can do the lounges. It's the side squats and the pushups that get to me. I don't have much upper body strength, natch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Good for you, sixpence. I have been doing my best to keep the works out going but there are days when I struggle to find the motivation. I watched a few of the at home workouts and modified them to make me feel like not so guilty about eating the entire cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, motivation. That elusive friend.
      I have found that if I just plan my day and a short workout is there I just do it. Something like wake up, brush teeth, mini-workout, shower, breakfast, computer.
      These workouts are short and sweet. And they kind of get me going. Now, about that cheesecake...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.