Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Chaz...



I got to Chad via Billboard:

In the surreal clip, we see Cardigan bathing in a deep tub of water mixed with multicolored gummy bears, as he sings about the fact that on most days, despite having bouts of togetherness, he’s not doing great. He smashes his head into the depths of his bath to have a good scream into the water, as the tiny candied animals swirl around his face. Eventually he is challenged to a staring contest with a giant gummy, and as Cardigan gets out of the tub and dons a bathrobe to confront the big bear, he is transformed into a gummy man himself. It's terrifying, strange, and delicious.




And even if I had not watched the video, I would have been sold right away. Terrifying, strange and delicious are some words that will always call my attention. It seems Chaz Cardigan has been doing the rounds, but I just heard of him. As with many other queer artists, he was flying under the radar. My question is again, why are these talented artists not promoted more? It's not like we're doing the payola that was going on when radio stations only played selected artists. I think it's up to us queer kids (of all ages) to get with the queer artists we find interesting. Representation and all that, you know?

I really liked the song. And the voice. And the message. Really. I like singer songwriters who can tap into that collective mind that we all share. It's an art. And if it is a cute guy, then it's icing on the cake. But he's sharp. His song reminded me of some tendencies I have that are really not ok. Damn. A little self-reflection never hurt nobody. Besides, it's a naked man in a tub. But the thing is, whether pop rock or piano-driven or ballad, Chad seems to be talking to me. Who knew? His music feels more... real? Tangible? I don't know.





A post shared by Chaz Cardigan (@chazcardigan) on


(Chest hair shot for Dave)

And Chad's on the main streaming services. I downloaded his EP. Check him out. You won't regret it.





Comments

  1. My gawd he’s talented. And his opening selection speaks to a lot of people right now. We may sometimes put on a façade of strength, but we could hurting. It’s especially tough on those who are alone and fearful of where this is all going.

    And the closer we get to November, the angst is going to rise. We need to pull Chez out from time to time to help us cope.

    Oh and in the first video? He really does become “eye candy!” 🤣😂 Sorry couldn’t resist.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! I thought he was quite good at getting his message across. And of course you had to make a pun! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. no, chest hair shot for ME! I likes mah hairy beary manly bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Of course, Anne Marie! I forgot for a second your penchant for bears and otters. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Never heard of this person... 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Very Gummy Nightmare.
    Or is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh.
      I would not call it nightmare.... but I bet that for some people it IS a nightmare?

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. That's a waste of perfectly good gummy bears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gummy bears are gross, get over it people!
    First time hearing him but I really like his music, especially the first video, I'm glad you posted about him. Plus he's an adorably cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Steven. Gross? LOL
      The gummy bear patrol is gonna come after you!
      And he is totally adorable. Yep.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I for some reason remember seeing this video before somewhere.

    But cutie, my Valley of the Dolls day was yesterday.

    The video reminds me of an artist I featured once. He does photography with people lying dead in a scene by a death of consuming earthy delights. One was of a woman lying dead amongst gummi bears, title Death by Gummi Bears. Maybe I have to do a repost and add in some new ones. The video sort of reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, you did have a Valley of the Dolls moment there. Did the gummy bears reminded you of edibles? That's the first thing I thought about! LOL
      And something titled Death by Gummy Bears sounds awesome.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I liked the first song a lot. The fourth was good too. He is cute. But you know me, I'm still in to Teddy Swims ( type and voice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also liked his sound. The songwriting is also quite good.
      And yes, Teddy. Yum.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Reading your post reminded me of a horrible dad joke: What do you call a bear with no teeth?
    A gummy bear! I did some horrible horse puns on my latest blog update so I am just full of bad humor. Thanks for sharing the music, sixpence. Never heard of the dude but I am always open to discovering good tunes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Dad jokes, huh? Hey at this point just having a sense of humor counts as a huge asset. With the avalanche of crazy we get every day....

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.