Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Orville...





Years ago I dated a guy (let's call him Mr. Clark) who had the deepest, most sensuous voice I have ever encountered. Seriously. He would talk to me and all I could think about was that voice. Never mind when he would whisper things in my ear. Tightie Withies were off! I told him that many times and also that he should have been a newscaster or something. Dear lord, he gave me the tingle to mingle with that voice....

Also, I week ago I had no idea who Orville Peck was. Today, I’m kind of obsessed after I saw him in an interview with Monet Xchange (who's got the cutest series on YouTube, try her!). He has that same kind of resonant, deep voice that Mr. Clark had and my ears perked up when he spoke. And then he sang. And now I'm a fan.




I like the whole schtick: the cowboy hat, the white undershirt, the mask, the mystery. I think it's camp and it's hot. They go with his idea of keeping his identity shaded and let his talent speak for itself. I also like his aesthetic when making videos: it's very queer and very sexy, even though it does not bite on the usual traps of sexiness we're used to seeing. I like that. He's based in Canada and rumor has it he was in a Punk band, so one more reason to move there? Well, him and Steven and Debra, LOL.

Having more queer and queer-friendly artists is a necessity. I need to know that the musicians I listen to and whose music I buy are with me. I never thought I would like somebody whose aesthetic and sound is so far from my comfort zone. I do have some country records, but it's mostly Dolly and Cash. Now I'm thinking of adding Orville to my collection. I got Hope to Die online and I have to say I'm digging it. Also, a queer artist doing macho country and singing about falling in and out of love with men? Sign me in.



I also find him to be very sexy. Kind of self-deprecating and intense. Smart but not smarmy. Accomplished but not a braggart. And that voice! He's a long, tall glass of water, this Orville Peck. And summer is going to start. And that BDE. Yes, please.

Are you ready for a little Country?

XOXO












Comments

  1. Babe, you love to the south burbs and you go all country! Mr. Peck does have a fantastic voice. And he can move, another box checked for you. Those are some great selections.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      It has to do more with the singer than with the genre, but yeah. Always open to suggestions...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Interesting voice, but why the masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the voice. And I think the masks are part of the persona. Also, they put the focus on the songwriting and the voice, which I think it's a great idea.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I agree... The voice can be such a moment! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG totally.
      He sings and I perk up.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Could he pick a worst name Orville?!?!?!?!?! Why not Cecil? I tried the music above. A little too mopey country sounding for me, and I like some classic country. I like his style and ensembles, but lose the mask it's to much. But me thinks Miss Kitty could possibly be into bondage in the boudior by some of the metaphors in the videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOOOO I know right? Quintessential camp.
      And I agree that country could go from introspective to mopey in three notes. And I love how queer imagery and culture are all embedded in the subtext of the images he uses. The video for Hope to Die gave me some ideas...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Oooo..he's a got a very nice baritone! Clear. Every note. Every word. I'm not a huge country fan (Garth, mainly; some Dolly). His voice reminds me a bit of Roy Orbison, so, yeah, he's good. He doesn't need to hide behind a mask - the talent speaks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought of Roy Orbison, too! That deep, clear voice. And I also like Garth and Dolly. Remember that album that Garth put out with his alter ego? Oh, how I laughed at the reactions!
      He's very talented. He's so talented that I forgive the masks.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. LOL. Yes. Chris Gaines, I think is the name he used. I've probably got the album on the shelf.... XOXO

      Delete
  6. Ah oh.....I was at Bigs. Watch us "bump into each other on Chater now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha How did I miss this? Lord, I do have to log on there more often!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I do love his voice. We actually know what he looks like thanks to tat matching from older pictures when he was with an alternative music group. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!
      And yes, he was in a Punk/alternative band before. I do like that he basically divided his music career in two with a mask, though.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I LOVE your Chicago Mayor! She kicks ass!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      She told IMPOTUS to go fuck himself and i LIVE!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Orville, huh? It certainly is a country sounding name. I think I would go with Bud or Clint. Good to hear you found a new musical discovery. I have made several during this pandemic. I might have to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Absolutely. And Bud, huh? You may have to grab that guitar, Mr. Shife!
      And you totally have got to blog about your discoveries. Bring it!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.