Go back in time

Show more

TikTok on the Clock




So TikTok. I'm not on it but apparently half of the world is. It's this platform where people post short videos of themselves doing silly things. It's spawned record deals, dance crazes and memes galore. It's very Millenial/Gen Z and it makes me dizzy. You do need the attention span of a hummingbird on caffeine to be on that platform. But it could be fun..

What's happened is that queer people and people of color have used it to increase visibility and to fuck with the Patriarchy, so I'm here for it. Because of course I am. One of the 'challenges' they have jumped in is the #DontRushChallenge, inspired by a song of the same name where people do makeovers of themselves showing the before and after. A glow-up without the actual glow-up. An adjustment of attitude. In other words, ripe for queer people to ace it.

I'm just gonna let the results of the challenge speak for itself:

The original!



The post that started it all. Also, a reminded that whitepepl will co-opt anything cool they see.

Then, touch this skin, darling. Touch all of this skin.



And of course, the Make-Up Glow-Up.



Oh and then..



Gaylings!



So here for this!



Giving face, Chi!



South Asian, Dahhlink!





A post shared by Abhijeet 🇮🇳👳🏽👳🏾‍♀️👳🏽🇮🇳 (@bon_abhijeet) on


And of course, Butching it up.



Charmed!



Always good when under-represented and non-uplifted communities find an outlet for creativity. And representation, honey. Because not all queer people conform, and they need representation, too.

XOXO

P.S. for those in need of a shot of testosterone (you know who you are) there you go:




Comments

  1. I can't with any of these people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these, but not on TicTok myself. The videos make me feel as though I hate three lbs. of rock candy. I feel too jumpy. But the make up brush challenge is one I like... get to see the transformations. Many drag friends have done these. I liked the Chi one myself... hey T-Rex.... and the stunt men...That was actually funny as hell. Our store management and senior team did a similar video. They all look like shit, then drop and pass a Bloomies brown bag, where they then look all glam and placing their name tag on ready to return back to work. It looked great, and the message said they missed us all and hoped we were well. It then occurred to me, we have a very good looking store family. Even the very masculine store manager did the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same! It's too choppy and ADD for me. I guess I can put up with small doses of it.
      The Chi girls were awesome. And so were the stuntmen.
      The Brown Bag trick sounds super cool! Always up for a GlowUp and a reminder that we're missed...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I LOVED this post. I watch TikTok compilations on Youtube. The one about Black Gay Love is my favorite. But they are all so very clever! smooches sexy six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very joyful. And I think the compilations on YouTube make it seem more coherent. The boys in the Black Love one are soooo adorable!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. But the party don't stop! Oh, oh, oh, oh! Yup, love the song.

    And love the app as well. A lot! It's soooo addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJ blow my speakers up! LOL
      That was a bop! And it can get addictive. I have not installed because I spend enough time on YouTube already!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I only watched the one with the Stuntmen because... well, you know? Testosterone. I made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course you did, Dave.
      You needed that testosterone, huh?


      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I also liked the Black Gay Love one and the Stunt person challenge was very clever. All of these were very creative.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favs, too!
      And they were all super creative. The kids are all right.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Fun videos! I liked the Disney characters one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh the Prince Charming one!
      People come up with some things ... I'm always amazed.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.