Go back in time

Show more

Come on, girls...



I’m kind of excited about this. (Maddie's post yesterday reminded me I had to write about this!). I love me some RPDR and even though we are now doing All Stars (five??), I think that watching the contest in its better known format is really entertaining. I also think that it is good to watch how drag translates in other cultures/countries. The UK version of RPDR was a riot, even when you had to basically have a dictionary near to decipher the hysterical but sometimes impenetrable slang. And Drag Race Thailand was illuminating.

Drag Race Canada is bringing yet another perspective, and the accumulated knowledge of a dozen RPDR seasons in America certainly gives these queens both an advantage and some big shoes to fill. Not to mention that judges are gonna be fantastic. Love me some Brooke Lynn Hytes.



Now, if we could only have Debra do a weekly comment on the episodes and Steven do a 'first impression'-stream-of-consciousness post of the competition, THAT would be blogging gold. So what say you, friends of the North? Are you game?

XOXO

P.S. My -first impression- favs are:













Now, do you have Steven's number? We need to get in touch with him STAT!





Comments

  1. Rita Baga. Yes, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I would love to see her perform.
      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I'm sure I'll be doing a post or two about this series (although I probably can't commit to weekly, but who knows?) And I see from the promo vid that my boys Colin & Justin will be guest judges one week -- SQUEEEE! That should be a good episode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ohh Drag Race can be addicted...
      But I'd love to read your impressions. They may approach drag and drag race in a totally different manner to the way queens do it in the States...
      And Colin and Justin will be judges? Yay!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I would love to see those two do a post!!!!!! I think the season will be pretty interesting. I told steven I know lemon from a friend of mine and Anstarzia Anaquway from a visit in ptown...so i have to root for them...but have seen Ilonia and Boa on visits to the states for shows. I think though Scarlett BoBo, Jimbo,Lemon and Rita will do very well . see ya when im back handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes!
      I know Debra would be a riot, but Steven? I'd literally run to that blog to see what he has to say. These queens sound pretty engaging and the looks are fantastic. Hoping to hear more about them.
      And have a great trip!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I really like their disguises!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    2 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.