Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Love



Jesse and Joy have been around for awhile. They're a Mexican pop duo and have very cool songs. Her voice kind of gets under my skin. They sing about love and life and their metaphors are fantastic. What I was not expecting was a Mexican pop duo to come out against reparative therapy so strongly. I do not recognize many of the stars in the video, but they are probably well known. I cannot keep up with pop music these days. I think I saw Thalia and Juanes, and maybe Fonsi, but that's about it. What's more impactful is the message is simple and direct: love is love.

The song is incredibly catchy and as I said,  I love her voice. The touch of the participants forming the rainbow flag is also very nice and the song comes out right on time to celebrate the win SCOTUS gave to the LGBTQ collective (and more!) by not bending over for the Cheeto administration efforts to strip LGBTQ people of hard earned rights. IMPOTUS needs to be voted out.

ECOSIG (which stands basically for conversion therapy) is the sham created by the religious right to torture gay people and pretend they can be 'cured'. Pray away the gay, basically. At the end of the video we can see that "A sexual orientation is nothing something that should be cured. Conversion therapies are acts of torture and violation of privacy." This coming from Latin American pop stars with more than three million followers just on Instagram is huge.

All the proceeds from the video benefit YAAJ Mexico, to help fight homophobia and young victims of sexual violence.



So I thought I'd add some diversity to this Pride month. Because the injustices this cursed administration is imposing on us are myriad. And how better to do it than bringing some allies? In Spanish? I think we have to be very proud of and thankful for our straight allies. They are the ones that spread that message of love and acceptance we need people to hear.

So to all our straight allies, thank you. We hear you. We see you. We appreciate you.

#HappyPride.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Ok, you know my Spanish is non-existant, so we’ll have to get together and you can translate for me, babe. Joy does have a great voice and I love the upbeat song. The visuals were great, also, with what appear to be some queer couples in the mix. So I’ll give it a 10/10! 👍🏻

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've seen you use that Google translator more than once to very good results!
      And it's a very uplifting, optimistic song. I kinda needed it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. With this current buffoon in the oval we need all the allies we can get ...to speak up.

    That said, we also need to be allies, loudly, for our trans brothers and sisters of color, and anyone else who cannot be heard in this country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? The barrage of bad news and corruption are overwhelming. Every. Fucking. Day.
      And yep, Trans people of color. There's other minorities within minorities, natch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I'm happy for your win in the Supreme court this week. Take that cheeto hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprising. After all Cheeto sold two seats to the highest bidder. And the Repugs rigged the other one. That's why there's so much at stake this coming election!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this! Happy music... my guilty pleasure is only playing Marc Anthony in the little car with the top down LOUD. I haven't clue what the words are but the happy Latin music sends me....makes me go faster, too. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Yes!
      And Marc Anthony has the best voice. I play music in other languages because the rhythm makes me happy. So bubbly. Watch that speed limit, Jimmy!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I loved it. I loved it even more because even with his appointments it didn't guarantee his outcome. Now......lets not tempt fate. Let's not give him a chance to put in anymore judges. And that dear Ruth stays around longer. I enjoyed that win very much....but cant celebrate just yet....till that big fish is caught and skinned. I'll celebrate then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun?
      And you know the Repugs and the Religious Wrong thought that because they paid and bought those seats in SCOTUS the outcome was theirs. But you are right. We are not in the clear yet. Twitler needs to be voted out and sent to jail and the Repugs need to lose majority so those wrongs can be made right.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Catchy tune! I don't speak Spanish so I'm glad you explained the lyrics' significance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it made me wanna dance!
      It's a very uplifting song. Love is love, and it's the only language that matters. I think we all needed the break.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I liked that song. Marimbas make it almost as good as rock and roll. Okay, so which one's Jesse and which one's Joy... just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marimbas FTW!
      And to tell you the truth, Jesse makes me think... No, really. My Gaydar has been broken for years!
      LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Jessie and joy....you can't help but smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It's such a bubbly, positive song! And I love the beat and her voice.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. When the Supreme Court vote came down this week, it gave me hope that we can come together and make things better even though the Nacho Man and his crew are doing everything they can to prevent that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was so relieved!
      I was fearing the worst. Now, the Cheeto ban on Trans troops has less standing. Let's hope they topple that one too. But there's a fight there. The Repugs and the Talibangelicals don't give up easily in their hatred.
      Nacho Man. Ha! Perfect.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Very very nice!

    I love also this spanish song: zalele!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 days ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.