Go back in time

Show more

Oh, well. Who cares?




I like watching men put makeup on. So sue me. I know, I know, you don't wear make up, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. You're low-key masculine and you barely use hand soap to wash your face. Kreegah Bundolo, Edgar! But the thing is, many men do. Like our guide today says, he just wants to change his face today. And he does.

And I'm here for it. I think the gender limitations imposed on make up is something we can do without. The idea that make up is artifice and on top of that, a female prerogative and duty is plain ridiculous. And it stinks of the patriarchy. I'm here for anything and everything that squashes it. Hasn't it always been the duty of the male of the species to be beautiful and court his mate by dazzling him? Look at a peacock and then come back to me.




I see make up as therapy. It relaxes me. When I find myself in times of trouble make up tutorials come to me. I find that the men who put on make up online for their enjoyment and our education is one of the things that soothes me. I zone out when I'm watching a video like this. It's like letting someone tell you a story while you're going about with your routine. I also think that I learn things when I watch these videos. They're like little tutorials on color theory and human nature. These make up artists are low key Discovery Channel instructors.

Not to mention that it is fun to watch obviously attractive men goof it up while progressively looking prettier and prettier. These vloggers are undeniably personable and entertaining and know what they're doing. They make little jokes and are a little self-deprecating and clown it up because they basically can. They also obviously put a lot of thought in their videos. The editing, the little touches that make the videos, well, unique. All of that can be appreciated, too.


Now, tell me he's not pretty.

A post shared by Nils Verberne (@lithunium.snow) on

So that's all for today. I have nothing else to add to this post. Like they say, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

XOXO

Comments

  1. He is handsome and fun, like you said. He enjoys what he’s doing and that’s all that’s important. It’s self care that we all need.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      Self-care may be absolutely on target. Didn't think about it that way.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. why should men NOT wear makeup! do what ya feel! (this coming from a str8 girl who hasn't worn makeup in 40 years. it does horrible things to my skin [chemical allergies]. besides, I feel prettier without it.) the birth of venus indeed; he's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are right!
      And you hit the nail on the head: YOU feel prettier without it. It's all about you and how you feel. Always.
      He's gorge. Definitely.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. To me, in that video up top, he looks better without makeup, but that's just me.
    I don't wear it, but that's just me.
    I do have potions and lotions and skin products and hair products and all that jazz; I mean, waht am i? A farmer?
    But, he's good with the makeup and the hair and the poses in next to nothing, so good on him. Any time anyone can be their authentic self, I'm there for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy some creams and potions and some hair pomade. Self-care comes in many shapes and forms. We don't have to go all Neanderthal to be masculine.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I'm with Bob! Couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about a place in Chicago called "Jackhammer".

      Delete
    2. Haha
      I have never been to the Jackhammer. Or Touché, for that matter. And I do love me a good leather bar. To tell you the truth, I don't go to gay bars/clubs all that much anymore. I used to go to Phoenix, a.k.a Hunters, in the suburbs. That club suffered many incarnations until it closed last year. The Jackhammer is apparently tons of fun during IML and on Fridays.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know, right?
      He's very good at make up.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. He's cute without the make-up ,and the accent's nice. Just not a make-up kind of guy, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he's totally handsome.
      Great bone structure. And the accent adds some spice, no?
      I cannot for the life of me see you in make up, Dave. Nope.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. You can watch me daily put on make up then. You can get off, and I don't have to lift a finger!!!!!!! I, as my guy self, always do my brows and a translucent powder to control shine. And never leave the house without rice paper. I'm a proper queen I am.

    Adam Lambert does some of the best makeup on a guy in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL but of course, dear.
      I think brow care is fundamental. It just helps with the illusion of being well put together. I have never tried translucent powder but I am playing with the idea of some lip stain to go with my trusty chapstick. I'll let you know how it goes.
      And Adam Lambert looks dreamy in make up! Oh yes.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Wow that first picture is just so hot... umm yeah... no! Not my thing but people can't do what they want doesn't bother me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Steven.
      We all know you go screaming Kreegah! Bundolo! around.
      LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I think it's perfecrly fine that some people like to wear makeup and some to watch 'em put it on. 💜💛🤎💚🧡🖤🤍💙 It's a whole new world and, we're all invited! 😉✌🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a whole new world.
      What I like is the incredibly artistry. And the fact that some kid in the middle of nowhere watches a video like this and feels they're not alone.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Nor here???? ****sigh*****

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.