Go back in time

Show more

Park Slope



Oh. My. God.
This house. But also what a charming couple!

I find the idea of living in the city very appealing. I, of course do not have the means to get a house like this, but city life is my cup of tea. I love their sense of color and space (that library!). The whole house feels like a cocoon, in the sense that the rooms feel like their own little world. Something that I find quite appealing, because I think rooms (or spaces) should always evoke different feelings.

Their living room, for example, it's the perfect setting to chill and it's possibly my favorite room in this apartment. I love the feeling of all those muted tones. It's light but not boring. Who knew? And their 'art gallery' is super cute. The bedroom reminds me of Maddie's and I absolutely covet their 'dressing room'. Yes! Especially if you live with another man, it's a very useful thing to have. Also, I think that having two floors lends itself to having that division between the living spaces and the more private quarters of the house. Or apartment, in this case? They come and go between townhouse and apartment.

I wish I were more adventurous with color. For all my bravado, I am a very risk-adverse kind of person when it comes to living with vibrant colors. Meanwhile, I belive I'll think about that wallpapered ceiling for a little while.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Babe, they even managed to work in an IKEA cabinet!

    I too am reticent about bold design. And, unlike you and Maddie, I have no creative skills whatsoever. If I had the money I’d have someone tell me what I like. 😎

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, right? It's the supcr-chic high/low aesthetic!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. The living is too light for me, though I like it; that library and the bedroom slay me. I love their style and their "collections."
    Very cool.
    Oh, and the table settings! Oy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bedroom is soooo dreamy!
      I like the collections, too. Theirs is obviously expensive, but still, personal.
      And yes, can you imagine their dinner parties?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. This is the second time this week the artist name "Hunt Slonem" has come up in the couple of blogs I follow. I guess I 'm just not that fabulous since I had never heard of him before. *belches and scratches ass* When I saw the white room,...all I could think of was my cat's shed fur everywhere! But the apartment is nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      His work is well known in artistic circles. Some of the glitterati have his works. Expressionism, I think , it his thing.
      I still love that white room though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It feels homey, even when it's so well appointed. I guess that's what makes it so special.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I still can't get over Nicole Scherzinger's video of her house for Architectural Digest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see where other people live and how they designed it all. Hers is still better than anyone else's. 💚🤎💛💙🧡🖤🤍💜

      Delete
    2. Ohh Nicole's house is fantastic.
      She basically went ahead and built her dream home exactly where she wanted it. I love her white bedroom! And the views!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I'd love to go for dinner there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG same!
      The tour of the house alone! And can you imagine what they'd do for a formal dinner with that table? I'd be too busy with the details to make it to dessert.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I agree with Bob, I'm not wild about the living room. Paper on the ceiling? I decoupaged my cycling room ceiling with pictures from magazines, newspaper clippings, and a lot of ads from International Male catalogs. It's nice. Of course, I also put Shakespeare on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh so you'e crafty, too? And International Male? For inspiration?
      And I still love that white living room!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.