Go back in time

Show more

Mentos in Coca-Cola




First of all, John Cena. I would climb that mountain of deliciousness in a heartbeat. Yum beefcake.

Double yum: beefcake with a sense of humor.



Second, conspiracy theories. Infidel was talking (much more coherently) about them, and then I watched John Oliver (love him!) give us a trip across the crazy. It is flabbergasting. The stupid things people believe without any questions is absolutely CRAY-CRAY. I'm sure you know all about flat earthers and the moon landing and all that. Those are old staples of stupidity. But in the age of COVID-19 that shit is crazy and dangerous. As in deadly. Like the new one about the African doctor who believes in Demon sperm.



When you have the president of the United States peddling conspiracy theories in social media under the guise of 'information' (here's Michael's take on that) you know some astonishingly dumb people are going to fall for them. Well, they are also possibly racist and bigoted and xenophobic, but there's nothing you can do about that. In the age of misinformation and helped by Russian bots, these ideas burn through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram like wildfire.



I'm sure you may have a family member/friend/acquaintance who believes all kinds of crazy shit. In case you have a bigot in your midst (sorry, honey!) I have the perfect ice breaker for you to show them and guide them to the light. Last Week Tonight created some PSAs to help you convince your loved one that no, there is no demon sperm available, that hydroxychloroquine is not the cure for COVID-19 and that Alex Jones is not a nice shirtless man who just screams too much.

There's the one with John Cena (who could convince me me of most anything for at least an afternoon) to introduce the topic to your Repug college friend, the one with Alex Trebek (for your crazy aunt Hilda) and the one with Billy Porter (if you happen to have the disgrace of having a Log Cabinette as a friend). There. All bases are covered.



Conspiracy Theories: John Cena from Last Week Tonight on Vimeo.


Conspiracy Theories: Billy Porter from Last Week Tonight on Vimeo.


Conspiracy Theories: Alex Trebek from Last Week Tonight on Vimeo.

And you can go here to find some others, depending on how clueless your Fox News victims are and their backgrounds. Because they can have a MENSA membership and still be as stupid as Donal Trump Jr.

XOXO


P.S. Here’s, the whole segment by Oliver:

Comments

  1. I loved John Cena in Trainwreck. And I love his sense of humor. But physically? Meh. He doesn't do a lot for me. But he's very charming. (and has a great ass) I avoid engaging with people who believe stupid shit. I simply don't have the energy for them. The most I will do is tell them they need to educate themselves. This latest round of crazy from the orange ogre? SMH. Desperation? It's like he's drowning in his own crap-filled toilet. And yet, the diehards will believe anything because they simply refuse to admit that they were wrong about him. I really hope sanity is restored in November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG he was HYSTERICAL. Who knew?
      And for me, a man has got to have a sense of humor to be attractive. The most magnificent specimen could materialize in front of me, and I would not let him hit it if there's not more to him than looks. And I like big bruisers, so maybe that's a factor here? LOL
      As for the stupid, sometimes I do try. Not often, but I try.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. It’s sad when “comedy” is the place for trusted news. Night after night I watch the previous day’s episodes from Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert and Samantha Bee.

    And I’ll bring the popcorn when you meet up with Mr. Cena. I’ll take sloppy seconds. 😜

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree on trusted news sources.

      Delete
    2. Well, it's been like that for awhile. Late night show hosts have led the way in politics and government for years. Remember John Stewart?
      And you kink cum any time, bae.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Thank you, I needed that,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      You're welcome. It's been madness, huh?

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Uh,....Now tRUMP is promoting and wanting his cult to follow recommendations from Root Doctors! Wonder if chicken blood is next? And tell John Cena to stop waxing. Hairy chests are in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeto has asked his followers to do all kinds of crazy shit. More should follow his advice. Natural selection, you know?
      And I don't know if Cena is hairy... now I'm going to have to go do some research...
      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Honestly I'm speechless. The reptilian sperm is as nice as ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beyond crazy.
      Seriously, America is a parody of a parody of a parody.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Don't get sad! Italy ten years ago was in the same situation!

      Delete
  6. I second uptonking; cena doesn't ring my chimes. and I avoid teh stoopid, except teh stoopid is breeding faster than the smarts. and did you see MADGE is buying into this phony MD's bullshit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Anne Marie I did!
      Madge can put her foot in her mouth very accurately.
      She does the 'fight the power' schtick and she can be misleading. Annie Lennox called her bullshit. I was here for it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. John Cena.
    Yes puhlease. Hot. Built like a brick house. Smart. Compassionate, LGBTQ friendly. An ass for days.

    But I cannot with Demon Sperm Lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      I have this thing for big men with tender hearts. I want to lick them all over.
      And the Demon Sperm Lady is CRAZY. And there's people who believe her. There's people who believe her EVERY WORD.
      We're doomed.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Love all those PSAs! I watched the Paul Rudd one and the Catherine O'Hara one too at your link -- hilarious! "You have the look of a scholar and the taste of a macaron"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul Rudd needs to be cloned.
      And Catherine O'Hara is a national treasure!!!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. We watched and loved it! The clips are hilarious, as sad as it may be that we even need them! Demon Sperm cracked me up - the Trumps are either really, really stupid (my belief) or they do this stuff just to see the reaction they'll get. I DO have an acquaintance who actually believes these doctors. You can fix stupid so I told her if she believed a handful of "doctors" over the expertise of thousands more, then she should go ahead and take that miracle cure : "what have you got to lose?" I stated. XoXo

    P.S. The more of his sheeple buy into this shit, the faster their numbers will fall. Cruel of me? I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that sad?
      That we need PSAs for the chronically stupid? And IMPOTUS and his spawn do it to divert attention. They are corrupt motherfuckers.
      And I agree, all the trumpanzees should go and try Cheeto's cures. ALL OF THEM.
      You can come and sit by me. We'll watch together.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Of course there is demon sperm y'all. How do you think trump got here!?!?!?

    Just a shame his mother was a vanilla prude and didn't swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. John's a nice, guy, nice skin, would look a bit better with a rug of hair on his chest, and he did hit the nail on the head, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes.
      He's NICE. And I don't mind the smooth chest. I do like hair in men, natch.
      And yes, he did. He indeed did.

      XOXO

      Delete
  12. Look. If John Cena has to strip down for his video I don't understand why Alex Trebek doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. Dog.
      Lurkie!!! Where have you been?
      And I understand there's a B-reel tape of Alex dancing to Pony while he disrobes. Gotta find it.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.