Go back in time

Show more

Ice Breakers (one)




Following my tradition of stealing things from Upton at Wonderland Burlesque, here's my version of his version of Ice Breakers. I think we all should use these when we meet new people or when we want to see if the man we are eyeing is worth our time. Or we are worth his. What's good for the goose...

Here we go:


What is something someone could wear that would make you walk out on a date with them? 

I have no idea. Maybe dirty clothes? I cannot take unkept, smelly men. I don't have a set of rules when it comes to men having to wear this or that, I don't care if they're fashionable or not. Not really. I would not be mad if a man shows up to a date wearing dress pants and a jacket and tie, though. Even though I'm not a suit guy I can appreciate a pair of dress pants when they fit a man well. Come to think of it, I have never walked out on anybody. I think that would be awfully rude and uncalled for. It's not about the clothes, for me. I think it's more the personality that I focus on, in the early stages. But dirty clothes could be a no-no. Now, if he's a construction worker and comes straight from work because he just has to see me ....



The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are 3 people you want on your team?

OMG what? I have no idea. I most probably will have to have with me someone who knows how to work with his hands and someone who can problem solve on the spot? I'm useless with things like starting a fire and all those essential boy scout skills I've seldom practiced and I'm too fucking emotional to make decisions. Especially if it has to do with survival. I'd get eaten in twenty five minutes if I'm left to my own devices.

What’s the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to rock?



Oh my goddess. So very many. But even I have some things that I keep semi-secret. Between a pair of chunky Sketchers that I wore to death and my JNCO pants? I'd have to say the pants. Hahaha remember those JNCO pants that were super, super wide? I had SEVERAL of those. I had them in denim with stripes coming down the sides and in black and in navy blue. I wore them to raves with tiny Polo shirts or oversized T-shirts with Cartoon Network characters on them. Yep. Sorry not sorry.

What was the worst hairstyle you ever wore?




I have no idea? Oh, I've had so many terrible things done to my hair that I cannot even remember. But maybe the worst thing I did to my hair was to dye it a bright shade of orange, though. Think David Bowie orange. I hated that color and only had it for two days because I thought I looked like a fucking fire engine. My friends loved it -it was a mohawk, natch- but I loathed it. Maybe because in my head I had imagined it more like a bleached blond and in my eyes it just didn't look right? I don't know. The thing is that I loathed that hair color and ran to Giant Eagle to get some L'Oreal to tame it.

Who was your childhood actor/actress crush?



Ohh. Wow. I was more into books and comics, but I've always loved movies, so I think it may have been Christopher Reeves? For me, he embodied so many things: strength, patience, intelligence and sex-appeal. That suit! Those eyes! He WAS Superman. Wasn't he?

Have you ever been told you look like someone famous, who was it?




Nah, I have never been told I look like someone famous. Not ever. Really. 

 If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be?



Ohhh hats. I love hats. I have many. I especially like to wear hats in winter because I don't like looking like a wet poodle when I come from the street. I also took the train for years and I really like it when I can keep my head warm and dry. Also, I love a man in a nice hat. Damn. There's something about a man who can wear a hat that gets me going. I especially love those hats called Porkpie? I think they're very flattering in most men. Fedoras? Few men can pull them off. One of the things I can't deal with, though, is with backwards baseball caps. Do frat boys know that we turn the cap backwards so we can give better blow jobs? Do they?

You have your own late night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest?




Barack Obama. I would love to sit down and talk to him, even if I had to prep for two weeks just to get the first five questions right. That man could talk circles around anybody. I think he's a great conversationalist and I'd love to make IMPOTUS look even more smarmy by comparison. I'm petty.

You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?



Like a Virgin. By Madonna. Fuck the patriarchy. Also, I have to confess it's the only song I have ever done at Karaoke. I lost a bet and I had to do a song on a Wednesday Karaoke night in a bar a long time ago. So I chose Like a Virgin. But because the bet didn't specify 'singing' I basically did a spoken word version of it. I may have done something right. Two men invited me to drinks after I finished. I think it was my tapping the mic with the palm of my hand when I said "can you hear my heartbeat *thud* *thud* for the very first time?". Goddess. that's why I stopped drinking Zima.


Sixties, Seventies, Eighties, or Nineties: Which decade do you love the most and why?




I think I like most of the music from the seventies like Upton, but I'll have to go with the eighties. Michael Jackson? Janet? Eurythmics? Culture Club? Crowded House? The Breakfast Club? Pretty in Pink? The Walkman, the DeLorean, Also, so many iconic TV programs. The eighties were excess and the end of gay lib. With the advent of AIDS the party was definitely over but the decade left an undeniable mark in many people. Even now I hear people say 'that's so 80's!' Don't believe me? Just watch Stranger Things.

And that's all for today. I have to go back to Wonderland Burlesque and find the second part so I can complete this whole Ice Breakers thing.

XOXO


Comments

  1. Why am I not surprised by your karaoke song? And the 80s was the entertainment decade. So much going on. Or are we romanticizing it? And when I saw the picture for the haircut I tried to imagine you in a bowl cut, and I couldn’t. Never. In a million years never. You do like your hats, babe, and you look damn handsome in them. Oh and you look great in skinny jeans. 😎

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG bae it was a hoot. I stay away from karaoke because I'm tone deaf, but that was fun. And I do like hats. They come handy when I mess up my hair LOL.
      And could you believe that I have not worn pants in four months? It's all been shorts and athleisure wear!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. 1 - a wife beater t-shirt, ripped jean shorts, flip flops
    3 - mini skirts and ball bottoms
    10 - the 80s for the music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh flip-flops may be a no if it's not summer. And the beach. And I LOVE the music of the 80s! Definitely.
      Ohhh I can picture you in mini skirts and bell bottoms! Groovy!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. A Cosmo sex quiz! I love these...hmmm, let's see:
    1. Socks and flip-flops. Even if you're German or European. There's no reason or excuse. Socks and flip-flops are a No-No.
    2. Zombie apocalypse...hmm, definitely Henry Cavill. He's got the muscle and smile to crush them. Anson Mount; he plays Captain Pike in Star Trek Discovery. I'd follow that man to the ends of the universe and back. And @FrostyOtterXXX on Twitter. I don't know his name, but every thing about him is delicious.
    3. Jordache jeans. It was an 80s thing. Thank goodness it's over.
    4. A mullet. Say no more.
    5. Richard Hatch, of Battlestar Galactica. Oh, the many wet dreams I had about him.
    6. Keanu Reeves. No, I don't see it.
    7. Hats! I'm with you on this one. I love hats! Fedoras. Straw fedoras! I wear them all the time.
    8. Michelle Obama, Bette Midler, and Mistress Maddie. It's tea time, ladies.
    9. Mamma Mia. I'm an ABBA slut.
    10. 80s darling. I'm all about the 80s. Everything after that has been dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, I can't with the socks/sandals/flip-flops combo. NO. And I am off to google Anson Mount and FrostyOtter (Oh DEAR LORD, yes!). Ohh Jordache Jeans! I want a pair!
      Wait Keanu? Really? I need more info!
      Love hats. Love them.
      And that trifecta would be AMAZING. And Maddie needs to do high drag for the occasion. And of course it's the 80's. Rad.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. 1. Crocs.
    2. Carlos, cuz. Scott McGillivray, to look cute while building a fortress. John Cena to be my Zombie Blocker.
    3. I never followed too many trends, though I do remember a particularly shredded pair of jeans that were just too much.
    4. I went from close cropped short short to down below my shoulders in less than a year ... it was the mess in-between that I didn't like.
    5. I remember watching Saturday afternoons reruns of The Wild Wild West, with Robert Conrad as James West in his tight-fitting couture western wear. I was hooked.
    6. I have not, and I don't think I do.
    7. I might have to go with hats, too.
    8. Well, if it could be anyone,living or dead, it's have to be Harvey Milk .. .or Rosa Parks.
    9. I have done karaoke and had two go-to numbers: 'Come to my Window' by Melissa Etheridge and 'I Got You Babe' by Sonny and Cher. I, naturally, sang the Cher parts, while my friend MaryAnn did Sonny..
    10. I don't know if I can pick; I like music and culture,bits and pieces, from all three ...so the seven-eight-nineties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you're with Maddie when it comes to Crocs, huh? They belong in the garden and on four year olds. Ohhh John Cena as zombie blocker? Yes!
      That in-between when hair is growing is a PAIN. I aways say I'm gonna let it grow and then it's like where's the barber?
      (Googles Robert Conrad, gets and eyeful) Come through, Western Couture!!
      Yes, hats! And a sit down with Harvey Milk would be fantastic. Rosa Parks had a backbone!
      I LOVE Come to my Window! Yes! The role reversal in I Got you Babe sounds fantastic.
      I'm with you in those three decades, though. So hard to pick one!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a misspent youth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey.
      You don't know the half of it. I should have kept a diary!
      LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Oh, let's see....
    1. Man-Bun. Nope. I'd turn around and not even introduce myself.
    2. Mayor Pete - because, problem solver and someone to conversate with. Stephen Colbert - because he's witty and funny, and we could also talk Broadway. John Cena - to protect us.
    3. Beatle Boots. And plaid pants with the high heel saddle shoes in brown.
    4. A page-boy because I was playing the lead in The Crucible. (OMG. it sucked; the haircut and the show.
    5. Lucille Ball. Because she was funny. Just loved her.
    6. Yeah, Beau Bridges, the homely brother. And was actually stopped and asked for an autograph once. LOL
    7. None. I learned my lesson with the pants and shoes!
    8. Barbra Streisand. She's strong and intelligent and, yep, I'd light her however she wished and even change the configuration of the set to suit her needs. And I'd ask atypical questions.
    9. I think there are two: Linda Ronstadt, and Justin Hayward (Moody Blues).
    10. Oh, my. I think I'm too eclectic in my tastes to have to choose. There was something about every one of those decades that appeals.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Big.
      Man-bun? Really? I like it! And Major Pete and Colbert? John Cena? Take me with you!
      Beatle boots? Chelsea boots? I have two pairs! Ohh saddle shoes! Wait, that's cool!
      A page boy. Oh dear. Those are not good memories LOL
      Oh, Lucy! She was a hoot , and super smart. Ahead of her time. And one of the Bridges, huh? I remember them in a movie with Michelle Pfeiffer. Yes, please.
      Barbra would be awesome. She's legendary and she does not give interviews. I'd tune in. And you do Linda? She could sing almost anything. And the Moody Blues, huh? Interesting.
      And again, I'm with you on this one. I love some stuff from the sixties and seventies. And the eighties were so rich (and excessive). Even the nineties were fun.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Love your answers. Oh, and honey... you can have anything I got, go ahead and take it all! You know I think you are one of the very best! I can get away with a ball cap, if it's one of those with an enclosed back - they have to fit (I wear a child's size large). And black is the only color cap I will wear. No logos. Due to my ears, porkpie and fedoras never fit right or look right. Pity, because I love both those. And Bowler hats... those are my faves, but again... not on me. I wore those big jeans, too... way past the time when I should have. It always takes me a long time to catch on to things - always a day late. Hey, thanks for the shout outs and for doing this. Kisses. Oh, and I have been trying to get into your site since 7 am today... and I finally found a way in via your profile. Very strange, not sure what was up with that. I wonder if anybody else is having issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Upton! You're so sweet!
      And I love caps with enclosed back! (I get mine at the children's section too! Woot!) And I wear almost any color, but black is a staple. I even have a White Sox one! LOL
      I love Bowler hats! Yes. And who says you have to wear things according to some arbitrary tule? I wear some shit I've had for ten years. And IDGAF. Those pants were the shit!
      And Jimmy also told me that my blog was giving him trouble. What gives? Fuck you, Blogger!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I've been told I look like Harrison Ford... however, when I look in the mirror I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Harrison Ford, huh?
      I'm going to need photographic evidence to reach a consensus then...

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. All wonderful answers, Sixpence. Your orange hair answer reminded me when I thought it was a good idea to dump a bottle of peroxide on my hair. Guess who didn't think it was a good idea? My mom for obvious reasons but also because I had senior pictures later that week. She was so mad at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Thanks, Mr. Shife! And haven't we all dumped peroxide on our hair? It's a rite of passage!
      LMAOOO oh your poor mom! Bet she was mortified!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.