Go back in time

Show more

OTP seven


Well, yes.
These are Taiki and Noah. If I have to mention super cute couples, they'd be at the top of my list. Their meet-cute-story is adorable and even though they look super young, they are not. They're just fashionable. They both model (with a face like that, I would, too!) and they live together. The living together may not seem much to you, but remember they live together in Japan, where same-sex couples do not regularly talk about their lives together. Asian cultures are VERY traditional, and what we consider garden variety YouTubers, are more than an exception in other cultures. So I thought that a same-sex couple with a flourishing YouTube channel (and an adorable IG) would be worth noting. 

They are also as cross-cultural couple because Noah is from South Korea and Taiki is Japanese. They usually speak in Japanese, but they also switch to Korean sometimes. It's a fantastic exercise in multiculturalism. I'm partial to Taiki, though. I think he's super handsome and I love his sometimes inscrutable expressions and how Noah seems to crack that handsome exterior. I think he's a few years older, too. so yeah.





Their YouTube adventures speak of a much more tolerant society, even though there is no same-sex marriage in Japan at this time. They also offer a contrast between their work life and their private life. They're almost ascetic in their approach to daily life, in sharp contrast with their luxe jobs. I also find their candid approach to their relationship refreshing and a way that somehow manages to break down taboos concerning same-sex relationships in Asian countries. Representation, am I right? It's always so very important.

So if you're in the mood for some cute, go ahead and explore their channel. The cook together both Japanese and Korean dishes, they have an adorable kitty, they go exploring cities and they pose for Vogue Japan. How's that for a life?

XOXO

Comments

  1. Oh...this will be interesting. Asian cultures are extremely conservative. I remember when I came out to my parents, my Mom's first reaction was "what will people think of us"? Umm "us"? I'm the one who is gay, the rest of you are breeders!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes.
      And that's the attitude that many cultures have towards homosexuality: What Will The Joneses Think? It's not about us as gay people, it's about the perception that society will have of our families due to us coming out as gay/bi, trans, etc.
      Funny how that works.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. You are so aware... the things you watch and let us know about! I applaud you. Just love learning about things like this... and I would never stumble on it on my own. This YouTuber world? So foreign to me. When I think of Youtube stars, I think of those that have done terrible things and still have millions of followers. I despise that kind of celebrity. But this? This is sweet. And educational. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well, dear. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Upton...
      It's that there are SO MANY things to see! And you are right. YouTube can be a cesspool of iniquity but there's also so many fantastic stories to follow...
      And all is well, bae.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aren't they?
      And I want ALL OF THEIR CLOTHES.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Can I have them as pets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOO
      Oh, they're so very cute. It's also very interesting to see how other cultures show affection.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that same-sex relationships weren't much accepted there. I thought is was only the fucked-up US religious right still fighting against them. Well, sad, really. Someday...probably not in my lifetime, but someday. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, totally.
      In some countries is due to societal pressure to get married and start a family. The 'conventional' way is the only way for them. In Asian countries is more tradition than religion, but the pressure is there.
      And yep, some day.....

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I love these post!!!!

    But hell, I still trying to figure out what OTP means??? I can not figure out all this abbreviations these days. I mean, just two years ago I figrued out what ROTFLMAO meant!!!!!! And when people use AK in a comment or text????? I still trying to figure that one out. You kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA
      I heart ya, Maddie. Ok, so OTP is the One True Pair: those couples that we think are super awesome. I think these couples are super cool and that's why I showcase them.
      Oh, and AK is when you kill the room with something you post. An AK is a rifle, I think. All Killed.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. They are an adorable couple. And multi cultural on top of it. Like the others I wasn’t aware of the Japanese viewpoint on sane sex couples. But I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise considering how conservative the culture is.

    I love the way you take us around the world. Thanks babe.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Japanese culture is super, super conservative.
      Gender roles are strict and you're expected to get married at a certain age. They'll even arrange the marriage for you if you're lagging.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Very cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?
      I thought they were adorable and super in-synch. It's so nice to see that, especially in people who live their lives so publicly.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. BTW,Six....your posts show up in my list hours after their post time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On mine too Jimmy. Actually a couple blogs, the same ones, keep doing it. Im starting to miss peoples posts.

      Delete
    2. OMG same!
      My blogroll usually misses Dave's posts and Jimmy's by half a day. Blogger is up to no good again.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Good for them. Hopefully they can help Japan become a little more progressive in their thinking about marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      I thought exactly the same. Baby steps.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. Asian cultures are conservative? Never like the Slavic and Orthodox ones, like those of Eastern Europe. A painful and frightening homophobia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Eastern Europe and their orthodox religious leaders are horrible, horrible!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.