Go back in time

Show more

Doing Jimbo




If you have not watched Drag Race Canada, I'm afraid you've been missing a very good example of how the fandom can be overly critical of a very good thing. Both Drag Race Canada and Drag Race UK have been really good to start conversations surrounding the world of Drag nowadays, from conversations about race to discussions of what Drag is for people. For me, one of the contestants who stood out was Jimbo. Corky, quirky and wildly creative, James Insell's rambunctious persona brought a lot of color and personality to the contest. 

Here, Jimbo is given a glam makeover by Alexis Stone, a very talented makeup artist. The thing is, Jimbo was read sometimes during DRC because of her makeup. And that happens. Not all queens have to be glam goddesses. What I think is that here we see how Jimbo's personality shines while talking about the character she plays on stage. We also get to hear that her dad was very homophobic and she talks about how she used to steal her mom's and grandmother's clothes to wear them and how she learned to create her own mannequins. If you watched Drag Race Canada, you'll notice that this is kind of a different look for Jimbo, who, being a costume designer, goes for the outlandish and fun on stage most times, with emphasis on the performance and the presentation. But glam does suit her! 

Also, get a load of Jimbo and the fabulous Juno Birch! Kooky and Kookier. The banter alone makes this one a chat for the ages. As Juno would say: Stunning!


XOXO

Comments

  1. I like my queens quirky and funny and shady and fabulous, and Jimbo gives me that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she?
      I think she's a riot. Great vision and attitude. Very creative, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, outlandish and fun is best. Especially now when we need stuff to make us laugh. Landed on "Whose Line Is It, Anyway?" last night and had a rollicking good time. 2 episodes = 60 minutes of laughter made me forget all about the Dumpster for a while. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, Big. Totally.
      Sorely needed right now. And Whose Line..? is hysterical. Brainy, with the right amount of silly. Perfect combo.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. She does!
      I thought she was gonna get to the top, but she had a great run.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Looks like the perfect playmate for a play date. When do we start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Conde, if you guys get to play, I wanna be there!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I like him out of drag, too. Kind of cute and I love his ears. Sigh. I might ask him not to talk... (looks at ceiling). Well. I need my fantasy and freedom! Thanks for sharing, doll. I love me some good drag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Yep. The personality shines. I like Jimbo in and out of drag too.
      And Upton, we'll eventually need a little bit of conversation no?
      And yes, the cute ears!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. The transformations are amazing. Between you, my drag queen barber and the show on HBO Max, I am learning a lot. I am also at my daughter's gymnastics class doing the blog thing and I was a little nervous coming to your site because I never know what I might find. None of the other gymnastic moms got a screen surprise. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It's like seeing a different person every time. Even the mannerisms change. The essence stays, though. I think Jimbo is super fun.
      And I see you, Mr. Shife. All woke and whatnot.
      And you know the dong parade will resume, because of course it will.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. what great body (face) painting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.