Go back in time

Show more

Show Them The Way



Back in the room where it all began
My heart began to heal, I believe it
I remember the beauty of the Hamptons
Shadows playing in the sun
A voice said, "The dream is not over, no
The dream has just begun"
I spun around to see another shadow
Slipping through the door
And my eyes opened wide, "What is this all for?"
And the shadow said, "Don't forget it, don't forget
What we were fighting for, don't forget it"


Oh, Stevie.
I love Stevie Nicks. She's my favorite witchy goddess from the seventies. When she did that guest star appearance in American Horror Story I literally screamed. I recently got her Bella Donna album in a garage sale and jumped up and down like a maniac. I'm fun at parties. 

I have been to some of the Night of the Thousand Stevies parties, BTW. I love Edge of Seventeen and the movie that takes that title. I think Stevie's voice is iconic. It's not perfect, but her waitress-to-riches story as well as her tumultuous love life (Lindsey Buckingham, am I right?) and drug addiction and subsequent Betty Ford stint seem incredibly dangerous and glamorous to me. She's been there and done that, Rock Star badass.

The fact that she'd dipped her toe in this political fray should tell you all you need to know about the situation of this country. Even rock stars are telling people they need to get off their asses and fucking vote. Because we're in a fucking dire situation. I cannot believe there could be apathetic/undecided voters this time around. 

I hear you, Stevie. I hear you.






And Stevie is not alone making a political statement. Apparently Demi Lovato was censored during the last Billboard awards and the words VOTE did no make it to people’s screens. Her song was 'too much' of a political statement. And have you heard The Chicks singing Gaslighter? Bravo for women with more balls than most men. 







P.S. My favorite Fleetwood Mac song is Dreams. The whole album is super cool but this song really calls to me. It just gets under my skin and it makes me wanna cry a little. This is one of my fav 'driving' songs. I blast it every time it comes up on my playlist when I'm driving. Players only love it when they're playing, girl.



Comments

  1. That’s quite a powerful song. And you’re right, the women are bringing the fight. We just have to listen and vote. Vote. VOTE. Make this an election turnout for the ages. Bring the blue wave 🌊.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These artists are on fire.
      And hopefully people will vote. Especially white women, who last time helped hand Cheeto the election.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. we have more women running for office these days in PA. and I voted for them. as one of my blog buddies put it: "we need women to show us the way". FUCK YEAH! SMASH THE PATRIARCHY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!
      Hair Furor's misogyny has moved women to act. Smash the patriarchy is right!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. As always, women step up while men stand down because they think things will always be in their favor. But the times are changing .....

    That said ...oh, the crush I had, and have, on Lindsey Buckingham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey was/is HAWT!

      Delete
    2. Isn't that right?
      I think the 'grab them by the pussy' should have been a deal breaker, but the Repugs were enabling him from the beginning.
      Lindsey Buckingham? Hot.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Fleetwood Mac was the second concert I ever went to. Stevie was 'flying' on stage. She almost fell off the stage twirling with her tambourine.

    Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that's awesome.
      It was probably pre- Betty Ford. They did have tons of the good stuff.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I love that so many women are stepping into the fray. And Celebs like Bette Midler who troll him are the best - giving him a taste of his own bullshit. And, you're right, the women have more balls than their male colleagues.
    Didn't you love Stevie in AHS? Listen to her music and Fleetwood Mac a lot. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!
      Oh, Bette gets under Cheeto's skin good! LOL
      I loved Sevie in AHS. She was perfect for the coven!
      I love her voice.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. a bit off topic
    Jane Fonda made a link to an Italian broadcast last Sunday and said she is campaigning for the Democrats ( here the link). I hope you will understand. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it!
      Another example of women stepping up. Jane has been an activist since forever.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. She herself said that she has always engaged in political and ecological activity

      Delete
    3. Six million US citizens live outside the US. Makes sense to me for Fonda to preach for the Dems abroad.

      Delete
  7. I will go blasstic if we don't win. Here in Bucks County, we have three more seats for state representatives up for re-election. All three seats have democratic women running to take the seat and right now all three seats are neck to neck. Last night I was filling notecards into envelopes to be mailed this Friday for them, even thought Im not in there area. All three women are sharp as tacks and genuinely wonderful ladies. If they all win, Bucks county would almost be run by almost all women.

    I enjoy Stevie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, honey.
      If uncle Joe does not make it because people did not vote, I will be PISSED.
      You know the Repugs will try their dirty tricks, but hopefully it'll be difficult to pull them off. I hope the women get the seats. Same here in this county: Dem women against established Repugs.
      Stevie rules!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Adore Stevie. I was obsessed with her in the early 80's... she was a Goddess and I played her non-stop on those nights I was alone in a theatre working on a set. Love her, but, these days? She could use an editor. And the Chicks! LOVE THEM. Demi is always smart, too. Thanks for putting this together. You know I love me a good theme post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is soooo unique!
      And I may agree with you. The Chicks made me like country music way before Taylor Swift. Demi can be very introspective. She's been through some shit, too.
      And you know how much I like themed posts! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Song and video are simply amazing. We will show them the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the video, especially.
      Very well thought. It's funny how she went the way of the 'protest' song.
      Hopefully people will listen.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. "Dreams" got a nice little lift from a guy in my state of Idaho. His story is a nice one as well. It is refreshing to see some good things happen to people that need and deserve it.
    The Chicks are awesome. One of my favorites is "Not Ready To Make Nice." The first time I remember when cancel culture reared its ugly head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG
      I just googled that and it's fantastic! Nate Apocada is his name. Such a cool story!
      The Chicks suffered the ire of conservatives, who always think THEY are the only ones with veto power to cancel anyone...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.