Go back in time

Show more

Let's talk about Doctors







The abysmal stupidity of the conservative mind never ceases to amaze me. Also, misogyny. Because they both usually go hand in hand. And this week we got a taste of both, courtesy of the neverending fuckey that is people. Take this op ed that they dared publish in the WSJ criticizing Dr. Jill Biden for using the title 'Doctor'. The good thing? People rightfully raked them through red hot coals for the asshattery. 

But let's see, what does 'Doctor' mean?

Doctor:
a: Christianity : an eminent theologian declared a sound expounder of doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church
b: a learned or authoritative teacher
c: a person who has earned one of the highest academic degrees (such as a PhD) conferred by a university

So Jill Biden IS indeed a doctor. Take into account that after earning two Master's Degrees, she received her PH.D. from the University of Delaware. Her title is, Doctor of Philosophy. That's her title. Meanwhile, Joseph Epstein, who once taught at Northwestern University twenty years ago decided that she should drop it. All while being an absolute dick and adding to his condescending snobbery some non-veiled-at-all sexism. He went as far as call the Elected First Lady 'kiddo' and mock her work doing research for a community college. I was LIVID. The misogyny. The fuckery. It was so transparent it made me scream. 

Of course, the WSJ, being the cesspool of conservatism it is, tried to paint the outrage as a hit job from the Biden camp. Well, fuck them and everybody who found the strength to decide only Doctors of Medicine could have that title.  And those include of course, Fucker Carlson, that Children of the Corn Ben Shapiro -the one who has never have a woman lubricate-  and the usual suspects in fuckery and asshattery in Fox News and right-wing media, ready to clutch their pearls for anything but corruption. Fucker Carlson, who has had Nazi Sebastian Gorka in his program and has called him DOCTOR had the nerve to compare Dr. Biden to Dr. Pepper. Fucking dick. Ben decided to use one of his strawman comparisons and decided to add his three cents of stupidity by wondering what kind of Doctor people would rather have by their side when choking in a restaurant. CPR and a phone to call 911, I'd say. But of course, they do it for clicks. Cause they're whores. And I'd have to ask whores to excuse me for bringing them into this kerfuffle. Whores are awesome.

The thing is, the guy who wrote the article has a fucking honorary degree. Yep. The guy asking Dr. Biden to drop her -hard earned- title has a fucking honorary degree. The nerve. And he has published only opinion pieces here and there. No scholarship that he can talk about. How's that for ironic, Alanis? Also, his opinion means shit to me.  Mr. Epstein (his degree is honorary, am I right?) wrote an article years ago so virulently homophobic that it is still remembered: 

They are different front the rest of us. Homosexuals are different, moreover, in a way that cuts deeper than other kinds of human differences—religious, class, racial—in a way that is, somehow, more fundamental. Cursed without clear cause, afflicted without apparent cure, they are an affront to our rationality, living evidence of our despair of ever finding a sensible, an explainable, design to the world. One can tolerate homosexuality, a small enough price to be asked to pay for someone else’s pain, but accepting it, really accepting it, is another thing altogether. I find I can accept it least of all when I look at my children. There is much my four sons can do in their lives that might cause me anguish, that might outrage me, that might make me ashamed of them and of myself as their father. But nothing they could ever do would make me sadder than if any of them were to become homosexual. For then I should know them condemned to a state of permanent niggerdom among men, their lives, whatever adjustment they might make to their condition, to be lived out as part of the pain of the earth.


Yep, that's the man who thinks Dr. Jill Biden, PH.D. should not use the honorific in her name. Well, he sounds like any other right-wing sexist bigot to me. Because there's always men thoroughly intimidated by a successful woman. Or absolutely horrified by gay men. That's the kind of person we're dealing with here. From my point of view, If somebody wants to use the honorific, well, more power to them. It takes four years as an undergrad, two years in a Master's program and four in a PH.D. program to earn that degree. You have to write a dissertation (and defend it) to be able to wear that regalia at the end, and accept your diploma. 

That somebody like Epstein, Carlson or Shapiro would decide that Dr. Jill Biden should not use her honorific, is just a sample of the pettiness and stupidity that's going to permeate conservative circles in the next four years. The conservative minds (anti-science, anti-knowledge and anti-women) will find a way to diminish, tarnish and criticize every single thing that this administration is going to do. They will suddenly forget the last four years of corruption, grifting, mediocrity, ignorance, racism, xenophobia, sexism, kakistocracy and deadly ineptitude that have characterized Agolf Twitler's administration. 

An administration plagued by scandals so numerous, so abundant, that they have their own domain online. so allow me to spit on the face of Mr Epstein (and Carlson, and Shapiro) and tell them to go fuck themselves. Dr. Biden could slap Cheeto's mail order bride on her way out of the White House and I'd clap. Damn, I'd pay-per-view to watch that. But Dr. Biden won't do that. Because no matter what you think, there is a world of difference between the Bidens and IMPOTUS' classless malignant narcissism and the supercilious malignity of his coterie of villainous ill-breeding giglets. 

I despise them all with the strength of seven thousand suns.

Oh, that felt good. Now, chocolate.

XOXO


Comments

  1. I was mortified when I heard how Dr. Jill Biden's accomplishments were diminished. I have no words and I'm still reeling for the vitriol that was spewed regarding her use of the title doctor.

    The lack of an apology from any of the news sources astonishes me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was appalling.
      Picking on somebody's intellect is something conservatives always do. Remember, they think Cheeto is smart.
      And they never apologize. They double down.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. If you ever want to piss an MD off,.....call them Mr., or even worse Miss.

    TBH, I prefer 'Jane Smith,PHD' . 'Dr' can be very misleading. I've spent most of my life associated with the academic world where Phds could be found in herds. Only their subordinates referred to them as Dr out of respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      I know, same. And I think I like the PH.D. title after the name, too. but I always use 'Doctor' when their title is in their bio or in their signature.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. ignorant misogynistic homophobic white males gonna put down what they don't understand. FUCK THEM WITH A RUSTY CHAINSAW! then cut off their dicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but of course.
      And that basically defines the 'conservative' male.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I remember that "homosexuals are different" quote. I must have read the article at the time. That was the same guy who dissed Dr Biden just now? I guess he found a schtick and stuck with it.

    This is of a piece with the wingnuts during the Obama administration claiming Michelle was actually a man or posting images depicting the Obama family as chimpanzees. It's their natural ugliness coming out, and you're right, we'll be seeing a lot more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG really?
      I only learned about that quote by reading about him when the OpEd exploded. Such a dick. His M.O. has not changed.
      And of course it's the same they did with Obama. Remember, Hair Furor is only the symptom, the rotten cause has always been there.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Ignorant asshats. miscreants and traitors always act like this. I mean, they truly believe a woman cannot be a doctor, have a PHD, be anything she chooses, and be smarter than a man when the fact is most women makes men, especially those FOX news wingnuts and ReTHUGlicans, look like babies in crap-filled diapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will have to agree with you. The fear the Right has of intelligent women is always the cause of their attacks.
      The thing is, I'm sure there are smart women in the Right. The problem is, they all end up being like Ann Coulter.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. "...a sample of the pettiness and stupidity that's going to permeate conservative circles in the next four years." Oh, my dear Six, it will continue on long after the good Dr. Biden has left the WH. You see, because these fools are petty. That someone with an honorary degree should show such disrespect to another who earned it through hard work isn't worth the time to explore.

    Nevertheless, we should expect no apologies from the right-wing maggidiots. The only sad thing is: As the country rebuilds, they will reap the same rewards as everyone else. But attribute it all to conservatives, as usual. Ah me....color me surprised. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sad but true, Big.
      The thing is, Repugs will always find ways to excuse corruption if it benefits THEM. And their hypocrisy will always guide their actions. They could never apologize, they'll only take credit for what other did.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. My thoughts are simple...

    Some days I like 'em, some I don't. 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course.
      It's a choice. I could never be on the side of Nazis, though. I cannot bring myself to like them.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Unfortunately, Anti-Science mobs and blindfolded fanatics can be found on both sides of the sociopolitical spectrum. And they're a disgrace to mankind as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh.
      Both sides, right? Like White Supremacists and Antifa? Being a Fascist is never a good look, though.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I bet that asshole is an incel too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not be surprised, dear.
      Not at all.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I too could have fell off my chair when I heard that. I thought yet again. if people can't see a difference in the incoming first lady to the current one, something is seriously wrong. Hell, even a friend of mine, a female, won't admit anything positive. She is still in Melania's camp. After I said to her, your a woman and don't think this is great a smart intelligent woman who will do so much with this role? Hence why we aren't talking anymore. I think it's sad that women can't support women. 2020 PEOPLE! A shame this will be a one term presidency. The good things they may be able to do will be great , only if we win the Senate...otherwise....Biden will have to fight the Senate over everything right down to what time to take a piss. I think DR Jill will light up the position and do something great.

    And I couldn't be happier about Pete. I was wearing his tee shirt when the news broke, so I'm telling everyone he was on my chest when the news broke. I also hear Biden may be appointing something to Warren and Klobuchar also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's people who think Melania has 'class'. High class whore, of course. And that's why I don't have any 'conservative friends'. You cannot reason with the brainwashed. I know people in academia who think IMPOTUS was right. It does not have to do with intelligence it has to do with empathy. The conservative mind cannot fathom empathy.

      It will be a one-term presidency. Uncle Joe will have to clean up Cheeto's fuckery and literally re-build the country. Did you hear about the security breaches? The lack of organization in the distribution of the vaccines? It's fucked up.

      And Pete was on your chest, huh? Lucky girl! Warren will be excellent.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. very interesting, even with an ocean in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can imagine.
      I have friends in Europe that cannot believe what happens here sometimes.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. do not believe that stupidity is only in USA. A couple of years ago, an official of the Italian public administration refused to receive a letter or an official communication because her address did not write TO Doctor XY but simply TO Mr XY. Obviously, the episode hit all the newspapers and even some television broadcasts.

      Delete
    3. OMG really!
      That's crazy! Bet there was some pettiness involved.

      XOXO

      Delete
  12. I understand Tucker Carlson was adding his 2 cents. This is what hatred looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know that Fucker Carlson will always have something to say. The harebrained Fox News crowd need their daily dose of stupidity.

      XOXO

      Delete
  13. Well, we are returning to normal. Sigh. Fox News is about to wind up their reaction machine... saying the most outrageous crap possible just to get a rise out of the libs and then... play the victim the moment they get called on their crap. Libs. We are too sensitive. We are too politically correct. We are social nazis. Yeah... that's how they will all get their audiences back. As long as we give them the reaction they expect... which is ... oh, look... an outraged liberal. The thing is, if we didn't care about the truth and said terrible things like they do... well - we wouldn't be any better than them. And we are. We don't even have to try. At all. And we are better than them. So... Michele Obama is right.. High road it folks. Ignore. That's how we took the stuffing out of Rush Limbo. Just turn down the volume when they talk and ignore. Oh... and people who go to community college? We are poor - not slow. Poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Fox News has already started. 24/7 Hunter Biden 'news', talking about somebody in Biden's camp calling the Repugs in the Hill 'fuckers' (I would have used more colorful language, though) and picking on somebody's grammar.
      Yep. The pettiness and sudden pearl clutching has started, after four years of blindness. And I could never be like the 'conservatives'. I have tried the Michelle Obama method, Upton. It's so, so hard...
      And people who go to Community College are smart. Saving thousands and thousands of dollars for two years and then getting a degree for their school of choice IS being smart.

      XOXO

      Delete
  14. You must remember this is a cult that abhors knowledge and inquisitiveness. You must only accept what they say and that is the only truth there is. Sometimes I think they should be pitied for their ignorance. But then I think better of it and just think they’re idiots and know that they’re hopeless.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a cult.
      Science and knowledge are anathema to them. And I can't deal with ignorance. I don't trust an ignorant fool with power.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.