Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Philipp ...


Even though I am not really motivated to buy even a handkerchief because I'm working from home (and will be for the foreseeable future), I kind of love his looks for this collection. They’re a little bit fuckboi and a little bit slacker skater and they can be utterly trendy, but there are some of his pieces that I'd REALLY like to have. I was reminded of Philipp Plein when Dave mentioned that Jenkin was trendy. And I can see where the mistake comes from. Jenkin could never, ever be trendy. Avant-garde? Yes. Outrageous? Of course. Trendy? Never.

Here I think we have an example of what could be considered 'trendy' or 'fashionable'. Because men's fashion can be both and still be accessible. For those of you who treasure their rebel-without-a-cause leather jacket and your I-don't-hunt-but-I'm-macho camo prints, this is a chance to update that wardrobe (I confess to having both leather jackets and camo print in my wardrobe, natch. Who knew?). One can wear either or both and still look good.


I like the whole vibe of the collection, but what I'm loving hard this time is the kicks. OMG I love high tops and these Plein offerings have got me salivating. I'm all for over-the-ankle shoes and these are perfect examples of great construction and awesome style. I'd wear them ALL. I'm also coveting the bags. Especially in those colors. He went for a palette that includes some powdery colors that along with the leather, made me salivate. I cannot grow a stubble to rock with these pieces, but if I did, I would. 


I'm also into this athleisure vibe because I've been known to wear dress-y coats with shorts and jeans. Also, the pandemic. So sue me. It's a look when you're doing video conferences but still wanna look like you're not wearing sweatpants.  I also like that throwback hoodie-under-the-jacket look. And ballcaps. I don't wear classic baseball caps in the winter but I love them in the spring and summer. Not to mention the luggage/bags. I've seen those chainlink handles and straps in several collections now, so I guess it's a thing. 



Love many of the looks. They're very wearable. Especially the bags! I wear my socks way higher (very Cholo, to tell the truth) but I like the jogger-like cuffs in the motorcycle pants. So, this is what trendy is IMHO. Yes, it still requires design, but it's more of an update of staples that people have been wearing forever than truly innovative design. And I can live with it. Logos and all.

Now, if they want to add Philipp to the mix, I would not complain. Not at all... I'm sure he'd look good on me.

XOXO



Comments

  1. Oh Phillip would definitely look good on you. And with your complexion and whatever color your hair is these days, you’d look great in the pastels and white.

    And you do love your footwear.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      My hair is currently a shade of slate, so yeah. The pastels would look rad.
      And those shoes!!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Well, the model's cute, unfortunately I see a lot of guys in bouncing, bulging camo shorts wearing leather coats daily., it's called the red neck look here in Central PA 🦸‍♂️, and usually every other day we'll get a guy in a pastel sweat suit. 😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh is it that a Rough Trade Chic look?
      Bouncing, bulging camo shorts sounds quite interesting.
      Redneck sex-appeal?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I like the color in that shirt - the sparkle fabric adds to the allure. And, the black and white? Oh, for years and years that's all I wore was black...with a bit of white every once in a while. That's show biz for ya if you were having to do any backstage stuff at all. But you know me...give me my jeans and either a t-shirt or a long-sleeve Henley. That's if I must put on clothes at all. However, I will confess that I have always wanted a leather jacket. I've just been too cheap to spring the money for one. 😁 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, Big?
      I never thought about the sparkly fabric. Come to think of it, I'd like that. Yeah.
      And jeans are never out of style. I have to recognize that in the last years I've gotten into that biker look they're giving them: slim fit and slightly low raise. Yes.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Phillip? Yes, please. The clothes? They're a bit too white and bright for me; looking at them I realized my look is much darker. If I had a therapist, I might be able to figure what that means!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phillip gives me BDE, to tell you the truth.
      And no need for a therapist. One needs to keep his Inner Goth alive and kicking.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I too liked his collection, though a bit repetitive. I'm not big on too many hoodies with everything. The velvet jacket with satin lapel and the tee shirt is soooo me. I too am huge on wearing jackets or sport coats with jeans , cords or shorts. I wished you lived closer...I swear, your one man who gets me and express themselves... like I like in friends. Lately I have got into Patrick Church thanks to Gottmik, when I was on with her tine and Kandy on a live feed. TALK ABOUT FUN!!!! I have already seen a few fun things I want for vacation to take to the beach or Ptown if we return to normal. I did order one fun speedo. but now I need the rest of the ensemble. You'd probably love him if you haven't heard of him.

    On a side note...when on the live chat, Tina said she dated Graham Norton! That bitch. She is holding out. Kandy was on too later. Those three are forming a tight tight group. I said nothing about it. Just seems odd to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Maddie.
      If we lived closer and we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, the Kikis would be EPIC. We're so much on the same wavelength! Just googled Patrick Church. Loved the All Over You t-shirt and the Greatest Love tack pants! And his art is very cool. And of course you have Speedos at the ready. I would expect anything less. And you've got the goods for them, honey.

      And yes, I read about Tina dating Graham Norton! That bitch! LOL Her, Kandy and Mik are kind of a Rolaskatox. I hope it does not devolve into something awkward...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I like the rainbow-hued top. That's it. Otherwise, I think it's a wash. The pastel blue hoodie w/ sweats is cute, too. I would wear it when lounging on my bed reading. Thanks for sharing. I am a fashion 'no'. The other day I looked at what I was wearing and realized it looked like I live in a prison designed by Kanye West - yes... monotone and so boring. Sigh. Kizzes. You. You fashion queen. I applaud you. Me? I dunno. Not wired correctly. Skipped out on those classes when getting my gay card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You noticed that one too? Big liked it too.
      And this collection is very Athleisure. It may have been inspired by the lockdown? Or it came just at the right moment when we spend so much time in drawstring pants.
      And a prison designed by Kanye West? Chic! Monotone? No. Monochromatic, bae.
      And I have to accept that if I had money I'd be such a fashion queen! LOL What can I say?
      And we all have our own style. I think there is no such think as 'lack of style'.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Too bad he doesn't show an underwear line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would have paid to watch him in his underwear.
      He gives me Tim Kruger vibes.
      Yum.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. did you notice how much PP is beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, he is delicious!
    Wouldn't mind a piece of that.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.