Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Tiziano





I was scrolling aimlessly through my friend’s Amazon Prime when I found I name I thought I'd recognized. I knew I kind of recognized the name but could not place the face.  After a few seconds, it clicked. Because of course it did. It was a face and a name that I have seen and heard many times before. It was Tiziano Ferro, one of my pop crushes back in the day, when I bought CDs by the handful, had posters on the walls of my dorm room and traveled with my unmistakable boombox everywhere I went. 


Oh, how my friend and I fangirled about him! He had the voice, he had the moves, he had the clothes! Italian boys, am I right? Intense, sexy, sultry, all swagger and smiles. We had all his CDs and I had a huge poster of him behind my door. I think it was a still from the 'Xdono' video . Or maybe from 'Rosso Relativo'. I don't remember. What I do remember is that he was in my bedroom every night. If you don't know who Tiziano Ferro is, imagine a cross between Josh Groban and Shawn Mendes. That voice! That badonkadonk! I have  a weakness for men with nice, deep voices, what can I say? 



So the thing was, after I lost my CD collection to a flooded basement, I kind of forgot about him. Funny, how futile we boys are with our music crushes, no? There were Savage Garden, InSync and the Backstreet Boys to fill that void. I had literally forgotten about Tiziano until I was browsing my friend's Amazon Prime and his face popped up. Was it definitely the same Tiziano I remembered? Maybe not. He's older, buffer. But it was  the same smile, the same voice, the same eyes and the same grin. And he was... happier? So I sat down to watch.



You see, we used to read all the magazines and the online blogs and apparently there were rumors that Tiziano Ferro was gay. The same way they talk about Shawn Mendes or Harry Styles now. But we thought those were only rumors, and we didn't believe them. Well, we better had believed them. Tiziano is gay and has married his American boyfriend. I know, right? I was floored. So Tiziano, at forty, has apparently found happiness and the perfect balance between being an Italian superstar in Europe and  being just another guy going to the supermarket in America. Talk about having the best of both worlds, and staying true to himself. 




If you have Amazon, I think you should give the documentary a watch. It will be worth your time, I think. You'll learn about his struggles with his weight, his alcoholism (the closet is destructive, honey) and his coming out and finally finding the man of his dreams. Who knew you could have it all? And I'm including some of his music here, in case you don't have Amazon Prime. I know he sings in Italian and in Spanish, but I don't know if he sings in English. But to tell you the truth, I'd rather listen to him singing in his mother tongue. When he sings in Italian or Spanish I wanna just.... unf. 

XOXO






Comments

  1. Nice voice! Not a name or face you'd recognize in the US... So, how did you discover his music?

    I have to admit that I have Savage Garden CDs...yes, I do. No InSync or Backstreet Boys, though. For some reason the "boy bands" never quite hit my buttons - though I do give them props for the musical talents. One of my tests for vocal talent: Can they sound good **without** the studio wizardry? Can they sustain a note, or do they need all the runs and riffs (which can be annoying, IMO)? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?
      And i discovered him because I was taking Italian. Remember, I used to hang out with the Music and Theater kids and they were all taking Italian and German. So I did too. It was a futile exercise. I could never master it.
      And I used to LOVE Savage Garden. I still play Truly, Madly, Deeply once in a while. I liked Backstreet better than InSync. Well, I liked Kevin Richardson a LOT. I wanted him to do bad things to me.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of him, but sing to me in Italian and, well, yeah ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's not very well known in America. He sings primarily in Italian and Spanish, so it doesn't surprise me...
      But isn't Italian sweet?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I never heard or saw of him before. Now I love you...but will possibly look for another avenue to watch or listen. You know how much I love Amazon. BWHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I know! But yeah, I think once the pandemic is over, you could ask the nice, hunky neighbor if he's got Amazon prime...
      And he's in Spotify and Pandora, if you do those.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Gave me a boner by the second video! Then when you said he came !!

    Marc Anthony is a staple in my car listening, but I'm going to try and find a Ferro CD. Understanding the words means nothing, compared to the music and rhythm. HAWT!!!!!

    Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Jimmy!
      Same! Tiziano all wet...? Yes, please.
      Marc Anthony has the same resonant voice, doesn't he? And I'm sure you'll find Tiziano's CDs. Even the older ones.
      And Happy Anniversary! I tried to leave a message but the post was not there anymore!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. It's always nice to rediscover a former crush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. The memories!
      I have been listening to some of his songs. I have lost some of my CDs but I have many of them in my iTunes.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. You know how I am with music, babe. I would probably let this play in the background. Though I don’t know the love languages he does have a very nice voice.

    Thanks for the recommendation.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Well it's great background music. He does have a nice voice.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I, too, have Savage Garden CDs, but no Backstreet or NSync. LOL. Buona - GRRRR. Seriously my kind of thing. Really like that song. But... the man. I like my Italian a little more rustic - hee hee. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      I loved, loved, loved! Savage Garden. I used to follow Darren Hayes on Twitter. I have to look for his IG.
      And YES! Buona's visuals. Am I right?
      I know what you mean with more rustic Italians. Especially the burly blonds in the North...
      *smooches*

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I had never heard of him. But now my curiosity is peaked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I know right?
      I like the man and the music.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. isn't he fantastic? For me, just his physical appearance would be enough to make me adore him. He is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he is!
      And he's matured to be a very, very attractive man. There's a physicality to him... Yum!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.