Go back in time

Show more

boomerang

 


Here's the thing: I am a very urban/big city kinda boy. Can I survive when I go camping?  I can. I have done it. I went to a place called the Sawmill (or something related to lumberjacks) and I enjoyed it. Do I do it better when I go -as Maddie says- 'glamping'? Yes, I do. But I can rough it up and do the whole being a tasty morsel for mosquitos thing. 

But I'm not much of a camper, or an RV denizen. I do know, though, that many gay men really enjoy it and that there's some places to go RV-ing in Michigan. I've been to Saugatuck several summers and I've done the semi-wild-life thing, even risking staying in a little cabin. It's been fun. I also learned that people live in RV camps year round and I visited more than one Silverstream that really made me question going back to civilization. Gay men can really make ANYTHING look absolutely fabulous. Anything. 

So this weekend, when we were having a conversation about what we would like to do in the summer and going to Michigan came up, the news that a new RV camp was going to be available was kind of welcome. What was not good news is to learn was that they were being absolutely transphobic. Even BEFORE they opened their doors. How's that possible, would the Business major in you ask? Well, the level of entitlement and privilege that white cisgender gay men can accumulate is always motive for fuckery. Don't believe me? Take a look:


BETWEENTHELINES

What kind of fresh hell is this, would you ask? Well, apparently Mr.Bryan Quinn (don't even get me started) decided that because his camp was 'Members Only'. They could go ahead and be as Transphobic as they could. Oh, you think that's the worst part? How about this:

“Let’s be real here,” Quinn added in one comment. “If we let women that act like men in, and they go naked at the pool, that’s when it’s obvious that there’s no penis. Sorry to put it bluntly. But if you don’t like the rules, quietly leave.”

QUEERTY

Mr. Quinn went all in with the transphobia while trying to excuse his abominable opinions. And what amazes me is that this would happen in what's supposed to be a gay-friendly environment. How can a camping ground call itself LGBT-friendly if it's definitely excluding the T from the acronym? It's 2021, people. Not 1961. How can there be gay men that in the XXI century still base all their worth on their penis? As a penis-carrying homosexual, the sight of somebody who identifies as male but does not have nine inches hanging between their legs does not detract from either having a penis or wanting a man with one.

The sight of a vagina will not make me blind. The insinuation of a breast will not break me. Mr. Queen says that this is a clothing-optional place and that everybody needs to have an ID where their sex should be stated to be 'male'. What good can that kind of policing do? He wants the people who go visit his campground to be a 'guy' or a person with a penis. My eyes are rolling so back far in my head that I'm probably gonna pass out. What kind of toxic masculinity would allow for these opinions to be formed?

I can only speak for myself, but I think it's unacceptable to claim to be 'LGBTQ' and radically exclude the L and the T in that acronym because it does not fit their idea of what a man is. Somebody should tell Mr. Quinn that a Trans man is a man and that a Trans woman is a woman. There's also gender non-conforming people with a penis, BTW. The fuckery boggles the mind.

When I was told about the backlash building up on Facehook, I thought it could be that some TERFS had gotten under someone's skin and were causing trouble. It never occurred to me that some fragile gay men would feel so threatened by the sight of someone who would, for a second, hurt their delicate (but very masculine) sensibilities. Aghast, I was. Also, does this mean that the person needs to have an ID that states they're male? Do they need to have been through top surgery? Do they need to be on hormones? What if they have not had bottom surgery? The policing of Trans bodies is horrendous. 

This stinks of exclusionary. My sexuality is not tied to my penis and somebody not having a penis does not affect my gender expression in any way shape or form. Call me radical, but the sight of a vagina or a pair of breasts does not make me want to become heterosexual on the spot. A naked body is a naked body and it does not need to be automatically sexualized to be valid. And I'm mature enough to sit down naked next to someone who does not look exactly like me and not feel threatened. Yes, this will be a clothing-optional place, but I hope that the -few- people who end up going to this camp realize that they are being treated like precious snowflakes that cannot take the reality of the world we are living in right now. 

As for me, fuck Camp Boomerang and fuck Mr. Quinn. And fuck every fragile gay men whose toxic conception of masculinity does not let him see beyond his dick. Ugh. 

XOXO



Comments

  1. I'm wondering if a 'man' who presents as male and has a state issued ID with the word 'male' on it but was involved in some tragic accident where he lost his penis would be welcome.
    I'm wondering if a 'man' who presents as male and has a state issued ID with the word 'male' on it but has yet to have full gender reassignment surgery would be welcome.
    And I'm wondering if Quinn knows what year it is.
    He can kindly fuck all the way off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the same thing!
      Where does the policing stop? How many confirmation checks do they need? It's outrageous. And I think Quinn did not know the level of stupid he was stepping into. It's 2021!
      And you are right. He can kindly fuck all the way off.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Hmm. Clothing-optional Men (with a penis) Only Campground strikes me more as a Clothing Optional Group Sex Campground. Like their afraid of a trans wanting to engage in sex and not be able to provide the expected/needed equipment for said group fun. That's a shame. Just because a male without a cock and balls is there, does that mean the fun would stop? Are the "guys" too embarrassed by their own equipment to be seen by a trans? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if it's a sex campground, why discriminate in that way? If guys are going to go to Boomerang to fuck their neighbors, they are going to do it, Trans men or not. It blows my mind that gay men would be that fragile that the presence of a Trans man would immediately dose off their libidos. I call bullshit.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I may be off the mark, as I often am,....but with men, it is all about their dick. Ask any woman. And for camping in general, I'm as the old joke goes, "Camping for me is opening a window at the Holiday Inn.".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are not off the mark.
      With men, it IS all about their dicks. Especially gay men, it seems. I know Quinn is not alone here and he should have gotten feedback from the people who want to go to Boomerang.
      And I'm with you when it comes to camping!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. This is quite disappointing. You are right, it is 2021. It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a shame!
      I cannot imagine going into a public forum like Facehook and posting something like this! Or thinking about a business and thinking who is it they are NOT going to let in!
      A shame it is.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. JFC! I second jimmy's comment. and I don't camp, except at a nice hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I agree.
      It's incredible what men will do for dick.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. So once this place opens, maybe some well placed Yelp reviews will help its demise. You know, something along the lines of the rats are so big they are eating the snakes.

    I fail to see how this is a good business move. And Mr. Quinn’s defiance is disheartening. Time will tell.

    XOXO đŸ‘¨‍❤️‍đŸ’‹‍đŸ‘¨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine the reviews? It's a shitty business move.
      But I know that some gay men will agree with Quinn. You know there's a ton of Log Cabinettes who are as Transphobic as their straight counterparts. They're entitled and spoiled by privilege.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I hate to see transphobia exclude transwomen from "women-born-as-women only" spaces and it's just as bad to see transphobia exclude transmen from "men-born-as-men only" spaces. What's the harm in being inclusionary? Besides, at this resort, some "men-born-as-men" may be pansexual and open to all sorts of men. Live and let live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      TERFS are all over and now it's catching with gay men, apparently. Being Trans-inclusionary seems to be the last frontier for some gay men. Shameful.
      As if there's not gay men more than willing to bang a Trans man. Ugh.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I'm gonna hang with Jimmy and AM. I'm not into camping. I can also tell you that the guys who go to the campgrounds around here go for 3 reason, drag queens, penises, and sex. Whether you know it or not, lesbians have their own private campgrounds and I can tell you, they're very strict about who parks their RV there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh, camping does require an adventurous spirit.
      And these guys can get Drag and Dick even with some Trans men present. What are the Trans men do? Cock block them and run away with the Drag Queens? And I know about all-women campgrounds. And they only accept women. And they are not all TERFS. They would not have a camp to park those RVs if they were.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you will not be missing much, Sixpence. What a tool and how unfortunate that people feel they need to broadcast that kind of messaging. If we do go camping, it is either in a cabin or we are not going camping. Not a fan of bringing a trailer or an RV but maybe because I have smelly children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would never go camp there. I can barely rough it up in an RV for more than four days. And you know that people need to send their little hateful messages to the world. It's human nature.
      And I cannot imagine children in an RV. That would do me in. LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I love the outdoors and want to go campi...I meant glamping. I was suppose to come east this past summer to go with Maddie and a reader of his to the place he goes. But with COVID didn't risk the flight. The place Maddie goes has set standards.... Ill say from their site, and his posts, it's like a gay wonderland. And All inclusive. This place is Bullshit and the LGBT need to boycott it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glamping as Maddie paints it is sounds faboo. I'm tempted too!
      And a campground can be fantastic (fun, boys, booze) and still be inclusive. Boomerang needs to go. It's not a good example.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. I love your wisdom and I think Mr. Quinn's thinking and attitude is pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It's an archaic approach to gender and sexuality. In 2021!!!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcĂ³n este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atreviĂ³ a...
    13 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pillĂ³ a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *CuatricromĂ­a / PolicromĂ­a *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los Ă¡lbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canciĂ³n que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectĂ³nicos*. MĂ¡s y mĂ¡s, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los dĂ­as que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.