Go back in time

Show more

Oh, T.J.






On Monday, I had no idea who T.J. Osbourne was. Really. Absolutely no idea. Today he's everywhere, and in everybody's feed (Hi, Bob), after coming out in a Time magazine interview. And of course I have some thoughts: one, he could talk to me for days and I would NOT get tired of that voice *swoon*. No way, no ma'am. Two, he could hit it. Any day. Any way. It's like  he is the trifecta of yes-please: long, tall, charming TJ. He's not impossibly handsome, I'm sure some gay men would think he's almost average.  But that makes him attractive in my book. Well, that and that voice.



I have never been a country music fan (I know the most basic trifecta: Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton) so I never know what is going on in the musical universe where Country artists live. That is, until whatever is going on there hits the news and then my timeline is full of country news (like when Morgan Wallen -I know, I had no idea who he was, either- went on a profanity-laden racist rant and they banned his racist ass from radio). So that's why the news of T.J. being gay has been a quite a nice surprise.

It's indeed kind of surprising, this coming out, not because he's a gay musician, but because he's a COUNTRY music artist coming out. I think that Country music is one of the most conservative music genres there is. Yeah, even more than Hip-hop or Rap. Like rock, country is very white, very middle America/blue collar, very gendered, and very homophobic but in the case of country it is also very... boring? The themes are kind of trite and foreign to me and the stilted portrayal of gender roles and lifestyle they promote leaves me cold. Not to mention that there's really not a lot of bass involved in it (unless you can square dance). So it's kind of a no for me. I'm all about that bass. Modern day country is like twangy, watered down rock and roll or like spiced down Blues. No, thanks. 

But I do think that when somebody comes out, it's kind of worth noting it. Especially if it's unprovoked (unless T.J. sent a dick pic to the wrong asshole, natch) and a breath of fresh air. You know, representation and all that. Especially in a music genre not known for its acceptance of LGBTQ people. Also, it was quite interesting to listen to him in that Ellen interview talking about how weird it was for him to talk publicly about being gay, given that his family and inner circle seemed to have been informed of his liking guys. It's the burden of the closeted, not-obviously-gay gay man: coming out. I've never have had to come out to anybody or change pronouns when talking about my date or lie blatlanty or by omission about my unwavering taste for tall men with nice dicks and big hands. It's something that only those men who stand behind the fence of 'normalcy' have got to go through while we wave rainbow flags in front of them.

That being said, I also think that coming out is a very personal thing. Even though the closet is a poisonous, lonely place, I kind of understand why some men stay in it. Some gay  men come out to themselves and others comfortably when they're sixteen, going on seventeen. Some gay men are in their sixties (and seventies!) and have never come out to their family or friends or coworkers. I think it's a choice, of course. And nobody should be outed unless they are Lindsey Graham because everybody should come out when they believe they are ready. I, meanwhile, will keep going about with my very gay life, wearing my very gender neutral clothes, my bleached (slate gray this week) hair and my rainbow flag pin. I'll always promote LGBTQ artists and Drag performers and will talk about the injustices Trans women suffer. I'll always have naked men with their dicks hanging out on this blog. I'll be gay for the all the closet cases that cannot be gay (yet) themselves. Bless their lonely, afraid hearts. And if one day they come out, I'll make sure I post about them, too. 

So welcome to the club, T.J. hope your career keeps growing. I, for one, went and looked for his music right away, so there's that. Also, if anyone has his phone number, please send it my way. I have questions about square dancing that I think he could answer with a demonstration. I'm very hands on, you see ...

XOXO





Comments

  1. so beautiful guy!!! he looks a little bit like Alex Mecum
    https://www.instagram.com/alex_mecum/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh yes!
      THAT is why he looks familiar. I'm well acquainted with Alex and his fantastic body (of work). Yum.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I think he may have an easier time in country than other out performers--Ty Herndon and Chely Wright--because he's part of a duo and not THE star.
    Still, I have a sinking suspicion that country fans will rally behind the racist anti-masker asshat than the decent sweet talking .... oooh yes .... gay man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I didn't think about it and you may be right. The bigots will have to boycott his heterosexual brother to boycott him. Good. Not like cognitive dissonance is anything new for them, but yeah.
      And you know that Country music fans will find a way to excuse Morgan's racism and stupidity: birds of a feather...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I know I've heard his music before. Pretty decent but, like you, I'm not much of a country music kind of guy. Bravo! to him, though. It's interesting, isn't it? The country music industry accepts all kinds of shit behavior, but a gay star? We'll see. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but of course Country music fans will excuse anything from racism, to stupidity to infidelity before they accept homosexuality the same way they do what they consider peccadilloes. They're bigots entrenched in white supremacy and white resentment.
      He took a big step.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Cute! Never been a country fan except for the song "You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly" by Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty.

    On the other hand,...TBH, I have outed someone after they seriously and meticulously described in detail the manner in which they would kill me if anyone ever found out about our affair. Something I was not prepared for while still being flush-faced after just being rough fucked . That dirty bastard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Loretta Lynn. Doesn't she sing Coal Miner's Daughter?
      And I cannot believe someone told you that!! OMG Jimmy!
      But I should, I guess. I imagine the closet is one of the worst places to be for anybody. They cannot reason, fear and self-loathing is all they know.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. When I saw Bob's post, I asked my mother , who is a huge country music fan, what she thought of him. She thought it was great, but she still had no idea who he was. She never heard of him or the Brothers.

    I don't listen to country at all except I do have a guilty pleasure for Miranda Lambert. But listening to many of the male singers talk, like TJ , my clothes just fall off. Luke Bryan and his skin tight pants...Keith Urban and that sexy lanky height, Jake Owen and that hot butt bubble! And let's hope the genre support him and not kick him to the curb like Josey Greenwell got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may be new to the Country music scene. Wiki tells me they started around 2014, so yeah. No wonder.
      And you are right. There are some Male Country music singers that make good rough trade fodder...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. And wait...you have slate gray hair right now??? Your turning me on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As he said, THIS week. Check back next week 😝

      Delete
    2. What the hell is he? A rainbow bright? Bwhahahahahaha

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha I may be!
      The hair color situation has really gotten out of control during the pandemic, I swear.
      LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. My Rare One and I watched his interview on "Ellen" yesterday too. Neither of us had heard of him or his brother either. MRO absolutely hates country music. I do like country, but not current country which is basically all bland pop music as far as I'm concerned. I like the old timey stuff instead. So anyway, good luck to TJ -- he came across as very real and sincere in his interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like some Country artists. Ohhh remember K.D. Lang used to do Country?
      And he came across as absolutely adorable in that interview! If he doesn't have a boyfriend yet, I'm sure there's a waiting list as I type this. I even would offer myself as Tribute!!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Like so many before me, I was not aware of him before he came out. But I hope it’s getting easier for those who opt to come out.

    He does have a great voice and they seem to have a great sense of humor (Space Force video 🤣). And I’d watch, and partake in your little tryst.

    XOXO 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that voice! It'd be tighty whiteys off in no time.
      And I'm sure you'd do that, bae. I'm sure.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I can't wait when being gay is a nothing burger... like... I am a human. Yay, he gets an extra ten minutes of uber fame and Ellen Not-So-Generous has him on his show (typed it, noticed it, left it).. . but being gay needs to start being seen like being straight. We don't all act shocked and applaud when a hetero chooses a mate or raps about p#$$y, so... ? Why the double standard? Yay, for TJ for owning and declaring who he is. Boo for the world for thinking it's brave... because it shouldn't be and TJ shouldn't have to brave... it should just be. Period. Did I make my point? (I am a glass of wine in, here. ) Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh but we're a long way from that, Upton. A long way. Remember that while we have the Religious Wrong there'll always be room for bigotry against queer people. It's their daily bread.
      I think it has to do with representation. All those kids on YouTube and social media are eroding at the foundation the bigots have taken years to build. That double standard that people have taken for granted for so long.
      Yay for TJ. And yay for wine!

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. He's gorgeous!! And I have dabbled and like country music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I say dabbled????

      Delete
    2. Hahaha
      Yes, he is! Those arms! That voice!
      And we all usually dabble in Country, JM.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. That song "All Night" was really pretty good, I will have to check out their music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also didn't have a clue on who he was, tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, welcome to the club.
      I think with Country music is even harder to keep up than with Pop. Their music rotation is limited to some very specific stations...

      XOXO

      Delete
  13. I know that dude. It didn't register until I saw the Brothers Osbourne videos. Good music. The kind of country music I like. Thanks for sharing, Sixpence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he sings with his brother. They seem to be pretty popular, so I imagine they're good. They are close to Southern Rock, I think. Hence the popularity.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    21 hours ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • Revolución en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacíficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo Chávez propició la inauguración de las m...
    5 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.