Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Eudon






Eudon Choi is a fashion designer and has an apartment in London and I'm totally into him and into his apartment. The thing is, when watching a man in his element (his castle, if you will) is when you get an idea of who he is. I cannot speak a word of Korean and when I tried the captions in the video, I was going crazy, so I turned them off. I stayed with Eudon's body language, voice inflexion and the visuals. And I have to say that I love his place. 

I may not get all the details of what he has in his house (I'm sure one of his pieces of furniture is worth more than everything I have in my basement garden apartment) but the love he feels for those things and the obvious care he put into getting them there is a sign of now cool he is. I think deriving pleasure from what we have without putting too much emphasis on having it is a clear sign of happiness and balance. We are not our possessions but we like them. That's why we have them.



On the other hand, I had no idea who Sanghyun Yeon was and I had to google him. Google told me he's a South Korean art director and I totally believe it. He's got a very refined sense of style. Again, because I don't speak a lick of Korean and because the guy is very handsome I stayed with the video. Handsome man + pretty house= yes? The video  immediately reminded me of Upton talking about a guy's house needed to be clean. I totally agree with that. THAT is a very clean house. Also, this house is in Paris. Can you even imagine how much would that house be worth in Paris? A house this big -and pretty- in any arrondissement would send you back thousands and thousands of dollars each month.

The thing is, I'd rather visit with Eudon than with Mr. Yeon any day. There's not denying how handsome he is, but between us, his house lacks... warmth? I'd be afraid of breaking something and then having to work for eleven years to pay it. His artwork is absolutely stunning and I would not want anything to do with it. I'd be too nervous. Also, something in his demeanor makes me think he's slightly fastidious when it comes to his interactions with people. IDK. It may be cultural? But I'm sure he uses baby wipes to clean himself up after he comes. I can almost see it now. He does not seem to be a very relaxed person. A little bit too tightly wind for my taste. He's like his house: very beautiful but somehow unapproachable.

So, yes. I'd let Eudon hit it like a truck. Because he's warm but sophisticated and he comes across as authentic and ... approachable? Just like his home. A study in contrast, these two.

XOXO

Comments

  1. One thing that I noticed about both of these abodes was the ceiling height. They are huge! Now that could be because of warm summers and in older buildings before A/C all the heat would rise and help keep the living space cooler.

    I kind of liked Eudon’s dinette with the multicolored fiberglass chairs. The little bit of color was refreshing. And the drawers in the table is ingenious. And his little patio with the water feature is very nice, though it is very closed in. All in all a very livable space.

    Now for Mr. Yeon, though both him and his house are pretty, the house looks too much like a museum. Like you said, I’d be afraid of breaking something.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Especially the Parisian apartment. I think it is a feature that spells luxury now but that it may have had other uses when there was no central heating/AC. I've never thought about it.
      I loved Eudon's place. I could recognize some pieces that are obviously expensive (those fiberglass chairs are fab) and that patio is bomb. Do want. And I had the same feeling with Mr. Yeon. Totally.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. The Asian influence is obvious in the first video, but me? I'm into size: big furniture that weighs a tone and and deep rich colors. The 2nd video was unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could say that Eudon's apartment is influenced by Asian aesthetic. I can see that. The little patio has that feeling, too. And the second video needs to be watched on YouTube. I think they don't like hotlinking. Also they want people visiting the site.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I like them both, but Paris? Yes, ma'am, my bags are packed! Plus he has a tub, which I'm told is a rarity in Parisian apartments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Yes, Paris is dope. And yes, a tub is literally a luxury, especially in an apartment like that. I cannot imagine how much he paid for it. I like London too, though. It's in my bucket list.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. My you really do go down the rabbit hole, don't you? LOL. Well, Eudon's looks lived in. That's the plus, isn't it? It's well-appointed and exudes a sense of comfort. Which is what "home" is supposed to be about, IMO. It's why, when we love to travel we are always happy to get home. XOXO
    (Yeon's video didn't run for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOO
      Yes, I do. YouTube is fucking addictive! And yes, the plus about a house is that it feels comfortable. It can be luxurious (or expensive, as I imagine Eudon's is: he's got beautiful pieces) but it needs to feel like you can actually live there.
      And YouTube does not like hotlinking in some videos. They need to be viewed on YouTube. You know how temperamental (and greedy) it is.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I agree with your assessment perfectly. Eudon house was much more me. While at Sanghyun Yeon's house Id be there just for the sex. He seemed cold to me just like the house. Funny you mention the baby wipes. I had relations with two Japanese guy, a couple. a Korean and an Pan Asian. And none of them were fond of getting cum on them, and if had to be removed quickly. Boy they sure picked the wrong person in me then. I'm like Old Faithful. Sanghyun would not be happy with me. Although I did love the wainscoting and all the pottery in his apartment. But that Livingroom needed a huge chandelier, as a focal point and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      WE think so much alike that it's almost ridiculous! I'd stay at Eudon's for breakfast. Yeon's is in-and-out. He's handsome but cold. I think it may be cultural. Also, he's got tons of dough. And I think you and I have fucked the same men! LOL Same has happened to me. And I like cum. Yum Old Faithful.
      I thought Yeon's house was beautiful, don't get me wrong. His artwork is bomb. But yeah, it does need warmth.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Hahaha
      Good to the last drop. Especially if you've eaten pineapple.... *wink*

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Both of these apartments make me want to slightly askew the art on the wall. It feels so regimented. My favorite piece was the dark brown wooden table in the bog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOO I feel you, Jimmy. But you know me, and you know I like tidy. Not as tidy as Yeon's though. His feels almost TOO still.
      And that table was fantastic.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. They are both pretty. Thanks for the shout out, hon. Their spaces... are lovely. But tell me... why are all these places so bright? Me? I appreciate the amber light of a low lit hotel bar. Seriously... you would be shocked at how much in the dark I live. Now you know I love me the sun and outdoors, but... no. All that white light? I'd have me a migraine 24/7. Both their languages lull me to sleep. Thanks for sharing. You have your fingers on the pulse of some of the most interesting people. Hanging with you, I get to feeling a little international! Now... what I'm really hoping for someday soon is that I truly get to feel me some international. A nice Italian. French? Japanese? Maybe a big sip of some International Coffee? Hee hee. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my pleasure! LOL That thing you said about neatness stuck with me. I feel the same.
      And I liked the light in Eudon's place. They seem so bright because they probably needed it for the shoot. Like you, I also like ambient lighting.
      And I was just telling Big how often I go down the rabbit hole online. I'm curious about everything!
      Oh, and feeling some international is always good! Soon, my dear. Soon.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Two considerations:

    The house, like the car and like our personal computer, is the reflection and expression of our EGO, so they are just as many dimensions of us. it is obvious that they reflect us.

    As for the house, it's nice and tidy and I can't say I don't like it.
    Who I like least is him. Too cold and lacking in communication. I think it is a typically oriental attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with your assessment, Xersex (I judge people driving Hummers and Bentleys, for example). And I think you're talking about Mr. Yeon? He does come across as a little icy. It may be cultural, I think. We may not get where he's coming from.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. IMHO, it's a matter of culture mixed with a reserved personality !

      Delete
    3. Right. That's what I thought, too. I think he could be straight, too, which would add another layer to the puzzle...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.