Go back in time

Show more

how do you say... Dior?


I am so ready to go back out. Now that many people have had access to the vaccine (at least one shot and at least the smart part of the population) I am seeing 'going out' as something more and more feasible.  And by going out I mean going to public places like a museum, or maybe to a small gathering, without freaking out because people are way too close to me. Still, I don't think I'm going to go back to the office in the fall. Even though they are bringing some people back, I was talking to my coordinator and he said we may not be included in this phase. Oh, well. 

I think what I miss most is getting out of the house without trying to stay away from idiots who are not wearing a mask, but I have to confess that I'm kind of missing getting dressed and going to work. It used to be fun when I did it, more than a year ago. It may take some planning, though.  Debra was mentioning exercising in one of her posts and it made me think that I'm going to have to do something about my waistline or I'm not going to fit in my pants! LOL This time it's not going to be the Freshman 15 but the COVID 19! Heaven help us.

The problem has been that even though I usually kind of still dress up when I'm doing video conferences, I tend to keep my athleisure wear from the waist down. Yep, it's almost like wearing shorts with a jacket or sweatpants with a shirt and sweater. Fun, isn't it? And I'm suddenly aware that the bulk of my clothes is kinda fitted, so I am going to have to start prepping for going back out to the public sphere and actually fitting in those Zara pants. 

The thing is, I have not bought a stitch of clothing in more than a year. Who knew I was going to go so hardcore into the sustainable fashion trend? And why, would you ask? Well, because I have been basically wearing my weekend clothes all week long and then some. I have spiced it up for some meetings with some nice shirts, but that's about it. It's been comfy elastic waistbands and high tops and sneakers all the way underneath my desk. I would say I was wearing pimped-up Crocs to shock Maddie, but I know my limits. 

So when I watched this collection I felt somehow inspired again. The textures, the colors, the accessories. Everything made me wanna go check my clothes and see if I still fit in them. I know I will. It'll probably take me a month or two of being active again until I can get into my trusty skin-tight Levi's but I'll get there. Meanwhile, I think I'll have one or two pants modified for the Fall (we may have one or two meetings in person, I heard) and I'll make them shorter and straighter, to emulate what Kim Jones is doing here. I also love the loose fit of many of the pants and the combination of colors and textures, as well at the mid-lenght light coats. Dreamy. I am totally coveting that crossbody bag, too. I think I may go for a similar one when we leave this lockdown. And I like the hair! Who knew that looking like Michelangelo's Moses could be that cool?

Groove is back in the heart, honey.

XOXO










P.S. DJ Dmitri is a MOOD:



P.P.S. You should also check out Kenny Scharf, the artist who collaborated with Kim Jones to bring this collection to life. He's Daddy. 






Comments

  1. Very nice collection!!!

    P.S.: If I could only explain to you the pandemonium related to vaccinations in Italy ... oh dear! The primeval chaos was more orderly! An enterprise so typically organized by Italians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was very nice! I like what Kim Jones does.
      And it has not been smooth here in the States. The previous administration was absolutely incapable of doing anything for the people, so it was a mess.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Not bad but not me. I would most certainly wear that first work in the series of pictures though! me personally am bored with fashion lately, I'm not feeling any of it. Even the Oscars was a lack luster for me, from what I saw of recaps. And I usually like Dior. I got my first jab on Tuesday. I think it will be some time till I still go to certain places, but since I'm not "working" officially I do have the option to maybe go to a museum when most are working and it will cut down on crowds. I almost have no desire to enter a very busy social calendar anymore. New clothes? I had bought a lot of new clothes before the pandemic hit and have yet wear them...Ill start with those!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddie - the Oscars were lackluster in more ways than the fashion....

      Delete
    2. I thought the overall idea and the concepts were good. I loved his use of color and textures. It looks light but luxe. I watched this and felt excited about clothes again. It was weird.
      I watched the Oscars the next day on Hulu. It was ok.
      And it'll take me awhile to go back to 'normal'. I think maybe by the Fall I'll be a little bit more social. Not too social though. Too many stupid people out there...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. We're getting Prick #1 today, and we are looking forward to small gatherings with friends and such. We've had two Socially Distanced Dinners at Casa Bob y Carlos, but it'll be nice to have people in again!
    And maybe I could get a new wardrobe for the newly Pricked Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      It helped me get a little less paranoid. Really. I think it'll be a little bit better from now on. Especially because I think there's going to be a wedding this Fall and I was trying to figure out how I was going to say that I did not want to go...
      And a new wardrobe is always welcome. Especially if one has been newly pricked!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Ok, beside the fact I will stick to my 501s and casual shirts and jackets, because...comfort. Plus, I'm too old to worry about fashion. I had enough of that in my dancing and fundraiser days. Not a single thing in that collection I'd wear. But what struck me the most? Made me laugh? What we used to laugh at guys for back in the 70s: High Water Flood Pants.

    Oh, I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been to have jabbed people over for dinner and cocktails. Have done it 3 times now. I would go to any place that guaranteed those in attendance have been vaccinated. Some performance venues are opening with new shows - but if you can't prove the jabs, you aren't allowed in. If eateries would follow suit, I'd even go out for dinner again. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      501's are always the look. OMG high water pants? That's so cute! I have cut many of my pants and they are basically HWP now. It's the Doc Martens, you see, I like to show them off.
      I think we're going to do small gatherings, too. Especially now in the summer, when we can go out in the patio. I heard Ravenna (here in Chi) was opening. They have the best concerts in an open lawn.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. My husband announced he'll be returning to the office in August. Half staff, rotating. There is a problem as there are those who refuse to get the vaccine. Stupid...Fucking...Trumpers!
    We have both been jabbed and have gone to an outdoor taco place once.

    You'll have to show a photo of you modeling your bag, jacket and sweat pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear.
      I cannot believe there's idiots who refuse to get the vaccine. Even in academia? Ugh. I'm so glad you both got the two doses. Better safe, with so many idiots roaming around.
      Hahaha oh, Jimmy. Only if I get a real Dior crossbody!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Hey, you should get yourself a pair of gold Crocs like that guy at the Oscars! Classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOO
      I did see that! They do look like hooves.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I've had both jabs. I'm fine. And the last clothing I bought were running socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you!
      And you always being the fashion plate....

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Not feeling those pants. They would make me feel hella self conscious. I think because of the pants length. I could do that pants length if they were fitted tight, but all that material? No. And I don't like the texture either. I currently hate all my clothes. I am currently wearing four pairs of jeans I bought in ... gasp - like 2005 (is that possible?) They are so worn. The cut is terrible (the male version of Mom jeans?) but they make me happy. Good for you for getting back out there and good for you for being so fashion forward. I am in a fashion coma. That will change once I realize exactly how out of it I have become. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the length. Especially when I wear chunky shoes or boots, which is basically all I wear.
      And you're rocking dad jeans? You go, Upton! Hey if they'e comfy...
      I think we'll get inspired when we start going out again. You'll see.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. My work from home attire really hasn’t changed: jeans and a casual shirt, sometimes with the company logo. A lot of my stuff is old. I wear them until they’re worn out. You know I’m not a clothes horse. I can appreciate fine fashion but it’s not for me.

    And you in skinny jeans is ALWAYS 🔥

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very practical, bae. Nothing wrong with that.
      Also, it helps that you guys have some kind of uniform.

      Hahaha I miss my skinny jeans. The closest I've gotten to them is wearing leggings under my shorts when it's too cold.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.