Go back in time

Show more

The BALD AND The GAY


I've had friends who have started obsessing about their hair when they were 19. The topic of hair (or lack thereof) has been one that I have discussed with many, many men. The discussion of potions, lotions, haircuts and (the horror!) even surgery have taken place. I've had known men who have gone to painful extremes to keep the hair they have or replace the hair they've lost. You see, some men really think that a big part of their sex appeal is a full head of hair. And nothing you say will get that idea out of their heads. It's been hammered into them by media and cultural tropes. 

And I understand it. Even though a full head of hair would be more useful to a heterosexual male, who would like to be attractive to heterosexual females (all that jazz about being in their prime, able to procreate, blah, blah, blah...) some gay males obsess about the look of their manes in a very consistent manner. After all, many gay males seem to put a lot of importance on looking young (or youthful) and a luscious mane seem to be attached to that notion. Hair equals youth to them. And youth equals sexual prowess. And we want to appear sexually desirable to other men. Seems, simple, no?

I, for one, do not find there's an absolute need for a man to have a full, thick head of hair to find him attractive. Is it nice? Yes. Aesthetically, it looks very pleasing, if it's groomed. I don't even mind man-buns. I think it's atavistic, that strong connection between hair and sexual prowess. And of course, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Impressionistically, I have not experienced any big difference in performance when comparing a man with a full head of hair to a bald man's ability to rock my world. And I have had a big sample to draw from, mind you *clears throat*. I have actually quite enjoyed bald men before (and would be willing to enjoy them again) because after all, a full head of hair a good lover does not make. Also, if it's testosterone what makes those follicles die, doesn't it mean that the bald man is more... manly? Asking for a friend.

It may be that I am really not too concerned about some details about the man but that I concentrate on my overall reaction to him. Sex appeal for me is a combination of many things, and that's what I take into account when I find a man attractive. I do tend to like men with very close cropped hair or shaved heads, though, rather than men with a marked tonsure. I would always prefer a man with a shaved head over a man that projects some mad scientist vibe. There's something about comb-overs and obvious toupées that just does not work for me. It distracts from the man. I think that, from my point of view, it has to do more with concealment than with grooming, and it gets to me. 

So, would I prefer a big brute with a shaved head over a big brute with hair that looks unkempt? You bet your sweet ass I would. A man with a bald head, especially if he's younger (and that's relative, of course), exudes confidence. You need confidence to shave off the hair that so many other men cherish to the point of spending thousands and thousands of dollars trying to keep or trying to mimic. It's expensive to try to keep hair from falling or trying to cover what it's not there. So bald men are also smart?

I don't know. It's a matter of preference, I guess. And after all, as we get older, our hair may thin out. Better have plan B at hand. Many of us will all end up with much less hair than we had when we were, let's say, sixteen. Maybe that's why hair is considered a sign of youth? But I think that bald men (by choice or by need) are sexy. No matter their age. At least from my point of view.

Also, I am not going to contradict science:

Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania conducted three separate experiments asking participants to rate photos of men on various characteristics including dominance, confidence, and attractiveness. The study found that bald men were considered more dominant, taller, and stronger.


XOXO

P.S. here, a sample:














SEAN ZEVRAN




FRANCESCO D'MACHO





ROMANEROS



JASONVARIO

I would definitely NOT kick any of these men off my bed because they just happen to have a shaved/bald head. Nope. Not in a million years.

BTW, if you like your men buzzed, try STRAIGHTOFFBASE. See? I've got you covered.


Comments

  1. I think I would tend to agree with you. It’s all a matter of how the man carries himself. If they’re confident and comfortable in their skin that is sexy. Many of us experience thinning hair, something I don’t think you have to worry about. It all comes down to how we react to the situation. If we fret and go to extremes to combat it, I think we’ll just end up spending a lot of money.

    Embrace your strengths and live your sexiest life.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It's all in the attitude. Hair or not. And it's all in our heads. Sometimes what's so monumental to us , is a non issue to others...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. You know i find a great many bald men hotter'n'hot, but, I. myself, have a ridiculously full head of hair. My mother used to say I had "dog hair" because it's so think. I mean, I have to keep it thinned out and clipped so that it doesn't look like a hairy ski cap sitting on my head. And i doubt I will ever lose it--it should have started by now and hasn't--and I'm good with that. BUT if I were to start losing it, I'd bust out the razor and proudly go bald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my husband. He has every hair he was born with and no grey. He is 61.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've seen some of those in your blog.
      And you're very lucky (as is Jimmy's husband). Most men would kill for hair that's too thick. LOL
      And once I start thinning, I'll bust the razor too.

      XOXO

      Delete
    3. Jimmy, I never said I wasn't grey!!!

      Delete
    4. Ohhh so you're a Silver Fox, Bob?
      You go, Carlos!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I have no opinions on this topic, of course, but just want to say that the video (as always) is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      OMG I laughed so hard with this one. Michael Henry always cracks me up!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. It's just hair. It's superficial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOO
      No, it's not. For many men it's their youth and sex appeal.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Does man's strength lie in his hair? I can't believe it. And in my opinion there is no connection between physical and sexual strength and the presence of hair on the head. Simply put, hair loss is associated with aging. I would have a lot of hair, but I shave my head bold. The convenience of having no hair to wash, comb, cut etc. it is so big that for twenty years I have been shaving myself bold. And I feel great and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there's no connection between hair and sexual strength.
      Many men THINK that's the case. I agree with you that many men see it as a sign of aging (when some men start losing their hair in their twenties or thirties, natch).
      And I like the idea of you bald. I'm gonna go ahead and *woof!* along with Jimmy.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Coming from the Jurassic period,......I've slept with everything! I must say that when the guy took off his toupee right before jumping into bed with me, I was a startled. On the other hand, having to spit out long hair from your mouth while getting fucked is not pleasant either. (Oh, the trials of a bottom, eh?)

    I had my head shaved once, and my husband hated it. I loved it!! So I keep it buzzed to a fuzz. I do wear a cap when outside in the summer when the sun is intense. But, from October to May,...I go topless in all aspects.

    To me hair ,or lack there of, is of little importance. It is the total package. Some people just exude sex, sexiness, and sex appeal (Xersex). The guy in the video turns me off because of his voice. It's almost a grating as Truman Capote's to my ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I really exude sex, sexiness, and sex appeal?

      Delete
    2. Yes! And I'll bet you give good head too!

      Delete
    3. actually my head has a nice shape and allows me to proudly stay bald.

      Delete
    4. Hahahaha
      Same, Jimmy. Same.
      I have never had a guy take off his toupee when jumping in bed with me, though. I have no idea how I'd react!

      And I have never shaved my head. I've buzz-cut my hair, but never totally shaven it. AndI agree with you about Xersex....

      XOXO

      Delete
    5. shave shave shave, and you'll be so happy and proud then!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know, right?
      He's all kinds of hot.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I lost my golden locks rather early. I'd abused the hell out of them for years doing theatre crap, but it was in the cards anyway. I like it. I buzz myself bald every morning. I like the feel. It is what it is. That study you cite? Funny. I have been accused of being aggressive and intimidating at work. LOL. Me? I love a bald man. But men with hair? I suspect they have an easier lot in life. They are just assumed more beautiful. And I do envy them. They get to do so much fun stuff with it and recreate their looks. Me? I have one look. Bald. Oh, well. Work with what you got, right? Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm your clay.....mold me!

      Delete
    2. And I think that happens to many blonds.
      I do know some who have transitioned to salt-and-pepper and then gray with a full head, though. And I can believe your grooming routine. Many men do that: they shave their heads (and beard) in the shower and come out fresh and new.
      And I cannot believe you to be intimidating. Assertive? Yes.
      And you are right: men with a full head of hair are ASSUMED to be more beautiful. It's not always the case.
      And bald men look awesome in hats. Have you seen Stanley Tucci? Chris Meloni?

      XOXO

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Some men can rock the bald. Some can't. But many people love the thick mane. Me? I've never been that picky. Keep yourself clean and be kind. My hair has always been very fine...and it's now beginning to take a hike. Well, hike away. What will be, will be, I guess. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true.
      Like with everything (I'm think man-buns) some people can rock it and some people just don't. I think it's a matter of confidence (and genes, but swagger beats beauty).
      Hahaha yeah, when it's time for the hair to go, it goes. As I told Bob, if I get too thin, I'll just buzz it all off...

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Zack Hood & Trevor Laster look like they've got what it takes to be great tops only! 💪🏻🔥😏

    Seen 'em both in action actually, and... They're very strong & masculine! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Trevor Laster is very hot.
      He's a mean fuck, too. Yum.

      XOXO

      Delete
  11. Would you believe in all my years and years and years of research I only slept with two bald guys?!?!?!?! The one was a sweet muscle teddy bear too. I will admit, for me, when I encounter bald men they do come across stern, angry and unapproachable and I don't now why. I assume it's like some gay men feeling intimated approaching a drag queen. And I know they are probably nice guys. Hell, I would be Uptonking's clay in a minute !!!!!!!

    I have a few friends who had hair procedures done. One looks really good. I don't think he looked right bald at all.... the other two...something is off.. I still have hair, but the years of wearing wigs didn't help. I figure if I go bald, Ill just slap one of my wigs on and go! LMAO!!! And during sex, I love pulling and tugging on hair, running my fingers through it.... and I've been known to stroke the hair of my lover afterwards.

    I've been told to shave my hair if I lose a lot. Many said they think Id be sexy bald. I am just so use to having hair and using product I wouldn't know what to do with my hands then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at Caliboi’s recent post, I’m sure you’ll think of something to do with your hands.

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh muscled and bald? Hot.
      And I think there's something a little stern going on with many bald men. I think hair softens the features a lot, too.

      I have friends who wear Hair Club stuff. Like you say, one looks fantastic and the others, not so much. There's some off, like Ben Affleck. I don't know.

      Ohhh hair pulling! Yes, please!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    8 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.