Go back in time

Show more

Brownstone Boys


If you didn't know about The Brownstone Boys, now you do! They're one of the (thankfully many) gay couples who do house flips and remodeling on YouTube and Insta. I've followed them for awhile now and I just had to share this video. Even though it does not present the house staged and decorated, it gives us more a sense of how the process of renovating the house went. I find it fascinating.

I love this house they rehabbed, BTW. It's one of those houses that you wish you'd seen first and bought it. Of course, you need to have their eye to see the diamond in the raw in the 'before'. It took them nine months to complete this remodel (damn!) but the results are fantastic. They also show how Ikea can be elevated and how personal touches give a house that extra touch. Yes, they did that. I really love seeing the progress people make in this kind of renovation because I have no idea how it is that they visualize all this fabulosity. 

I also love their DIY projects and I've been following their @oneroomchallenge and I can't wait to see what they do with their basement. You also know I live in a basement garden apartment, so this project is very close to my heart. They're a super cool couple (love following LGBTQ creators on Insta and YouTube. They always get my clicks!) and they seem to be very complementary to each other. I think working with your partner is something that not everybody can do. I think I've said before that working with someone I'm having a relationship with would be a trial by fire. I know I'd drive my man insane because I'm too fucking OCD and pushy. Oh, I know my drawbacks.

As a treat, here's them doing a DIY in their backyard. Now, this is how I'd love my backyard projects to look like! 



XOXO

P.S. the renovation of their @oneroomchallenge is complete!!!

Comments

  1. This renovation is amazing. The before pictures show what they were dealing with when they walked in. Restoring the staircase to the original wood is a beautiful touch. Years of paint on paint hide the delicate details. And creating the kitchen and bathroom where water supplies may not have existed has to cost a fortune. Kudos to them for their hard work and vision.

    I think you’re up for the challenge, babe.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredible. I could not believe how it looked at the beginning.
      I love when people restore things to their original appearance in houses.
      And I'd never do this. Ever.
      Well, if I had the dough, I would.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh to be in my twenties again! Projects for the young, creative, and handy. I have designed and built a house, but nothing compares to renovating and restoring an old house. There are so few people today who appreciate the art of woodworking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renovating and restoring is such hard work!
      And designing and building a house sounds super exciting!
      Woodworking is a lost art. *sigh*

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. This house I adore--and the cute guys are nice, too. That kitchen is what I want done to mine; kinda modern, kinda rustic; very chic.
    Plus it makes me wanna move to Brooklyn and buy a Brownstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice? So airy and spacious.
      They're super cute, too!
      Can you imagine how much this house is?

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Very good! Even it had to have cost a fortune, the décor is modest. The kitchen could do with a little more color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I could not help but think about the cost.
      And that kitchen is going to look fantastic when there' s actually something there.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I never heard of them. But give them kudos for doing this. I can not imagine doing a whole house. My current project has been consuming and it's just been a kitchen and a bathroom!!!!! I think I might pull hair out over a whole house. I like the brownstone though....and they had me at the pocket doors!!! A good friend of mine lives in Brooklyn in a brownstone that has been converted to apartments....his flat is gorgeous ,huge windows and doors, 14 ft ceilings...... I get an orgasms over places like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine doing a whole house either. The manfriend is doing his kitchen and it's a nightmare.
      That brownstone is sooooo cool!
      Same about orgasms.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I hope you boys clean up after yourselves.

      Delete
    3. I always cum prepared! Condoms, towels, handcuffs, goggles.......

      Delete
    4. Goggles, specially. Because it burns. Just ask Coco Peru!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. How did I miss this yesterday? I stopped by twice and....nothing. Ah, well. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bummer!
      Blogger plays tricks on us!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.