Go back in time

Show more

Delevingne


When people invite us into their homes, we should take it as a gift. The times people have invited me to go over to their place for a dinner party or to hang out during a holiday, I always feel like they're showing me more than their ability to be great hosts. They are letting me see the inside of their inner sanctums. Where they LIVE.

So when I watch these videos of the rich/famous/fabulous I always feel some trepidation. I know they're on a screen and that they did not really invite me to their house, but still. The act of showing off our houses, the places where we live and that mean something to us is something we don't usually really do with everybody. Well, not usually. Because nowadays, with the web, we can literally show our homes to the world without actually having to have them over. But deep down, we only show part of it. We show what we think can represent us. And now it's Cara's turn.

I have to say that of course I think the house is big. Her bedroom alone is the size of half my living quarters, probably, but that is what makes it fantastic. This is not your run of the mill suburban home. And she has made it her very own playground. Alice in Wonderland comes up during the visit. It's got everything: her own 'thinking room', a full billiards table, her own 'game room' (I know how to play Texas Hold'em, btw) and her hat cupboard (doesn't everybody have their own hat cupboard?). This house is unequivocally hers. And the fact that she has a piano (well, two pianos) makes me jealous because I cannot play any instrument and she can play the piano AND the drums. Talented girl. 

I love house tours. I love them because they tell me things about the people who give them, but also about myself. All the houses I post about here are super cool, in my humble opinion. They all have bits and pieces that I find I could live with (who wouldn't want to have all that room to roam around in a scooter?) and they all tell me something about the people who live in them and how they live (the ball pit!).

And I know that Debra is going to be really enthusiastic about some of the things Cara shows. And about Cara, herself, probably. 

Happy Pride!

XOXO

Comments

  1. I was about to give up when it came to the vagina tunnel, but I stayed with it: to use her own words, the house is completely mad, and gives me tsouris, and just how MANY bars does she need???
    It's all so mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      The vagina tunnel is THE place to go think, no? And she has a ball pen. All the bars are nothing! A BALL PEN! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL
      It's a playground. Simple as that.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Every lesbian I know would want to live in that house, LOL! And now I need a vagina tunnel too. Not want, NEED. Thanks for posting this fab video! Will come back and watch it a few more times . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      My thoughts exactly! I knew you'd like it! *pats himself on back*
      The vagina tunnel cinched the deal, right?
      Cara is my kind of gal.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. OMG!!!! I loved this from beginning to end! I loved her color and whimsical wallpaper prints! The house is large but, it's fun, many not- expected, campy moments, and yet is grown up and chic and elegant. It had me with the double blue doors. And her furniture selection of pieces is impeccable. And I love her French canopy chairs. I have always wanted one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!
      It's very well appointed. Selling the furniture alone would allow me for a well-appointed early retirement in Tahiti. I loved the bedroom and that little card game nook. It's a beautiful house. and it goes with her personality.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. This house is outrageous! As Maddie said, practically every room has a sense of whimsy. From the V-tunnel, to the game room, the playboy pinball machine, to the outdoor in-ground trampolines! She is a blast to be around, too. The makeover for this humble abode must have taken forever!

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes it is!
      It goes with the personality Cara is showing in the video (I've seen her in other videos and trust me, she's that... dynamic!) . The house must have costed a pretty penny too. It's definitely custom made.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. OK, if you have to use a razor to move from room to room, your house is too big. She lives naked, though, and I'm way down with that because of course I am. A lot of the house is very dark, though, isn't it? Odd, because she says she refuses to "grow up" which I also like. Well...mixed reaction to this one. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      I'm sure her tongue was planted firmly in cheek when she said that. It's a big house, though. This house is probably from the thirties or forties, it has that aesthetic, anyway. And it's part of her Alice in Wonderland aesthetic but that whimsy is deceiving . It's a grown up house with flights of fancy.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I like cray cray, as long as everybody is having fun. Clearly, this lady is. I tried to imagine being her friend... that's what I do when I watch this stuff... would I want to meet her for happy hour or plan a vay cay with her? Would we share a room (two beds, of course) - that sort of thing. Or, after spending 20 minutes in her presence would I be running for the hills? Beverly, of course! I dunno. The energy felt a bit crack'd. That house would be a hoot to host a murder mystery dinner in... suddenly, the vagina tunnel takes on a whole new meaning... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it like this. A friend told me once of a quote from Alice in Wonderland that reminds him of me. Mad Hatter- Am I completely nuts.? Alice- Yes. Your nuts. Your Completely bonkers. But all the best people are."

      Delete
    2. Yes! All the best people are!
      And she is definitely having fun here. Tons of it. It's a joyful house. And a playground, if people want to take it that way. When she found that shoe in the ball pen? I lost it.
      I'd hang out with her for a vacay. I would never have the money to do what she does, but if I had it, I'd do it.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.