Go back in time

Show more

HIMBO


When I was a gayling, there was this guy who was three or four years older than I was and I was endlessly fascinated by him.  The thing is, when you're fifteen or sixteen, three years is a lot. He looked like a grown man to me. He also had the most perfect skin I've seen in a man: not one blemish. He was smooth as marble, all muscles and peach fuzz. He was one of the most beautiful men I've seen, even to this day. Already around six feet tall, and built like the proverbial brick outhouse, he was a sight to be seen. Really. 




He also spent literally 79% of the summer vacations shirtless and in shorts, playing soccer with the guys from my block and helping some of us learn how to play baseball. He was also the sweetest man ever, with patience to spare and didn't seem for a second aware of his stunning good looks. Seriously, it was like David Pocock's kid brother was visiting. He was also goofy, with a self-deprecating sense of humor and seemed to dance to his own drum. The other guy's jokes seemed to go over his head half of the time and didn't have an ounce of the malice his contemporaries seemed to have in spades. I should know because I knew some of them. In the biblical sense. I started young. 





He was my first encounter with a himbo. I didn't know it back then, but he would be the first of many himbos I would encounter throughout my life. Not my all experiences with himbos would be as sweet as my experiences with him, but he was the first one. Don't tell me you don't know any himbo. We all know the one guy who is totally gorge and hot and goofy and blissfully unaware of his attractive facade. I think the himbo could be the other side of the coin when it comes to the Fuckboi in the manimal menagerie. The fuckboi is basically everything the himbo is not:

A guy who will tell a  girl  man anything to get them to hook up with him. A complete jerk who flirts with multiple girls men at a time and makes them all believe they're individually special. They tell a girl man they like them and act like they're in love so that they can get something out of it like pictures, hooking up, sex, etc. Someone who should not be trusted and is the reason for a lot of people's trust issues. 

 



And I find that the differences between the himbo and the fuckboi are more than skin deep: the himbo does not have a mean bone in his fantastic body. The fuckboi is just a walking boner. And that makes a difference, at least in my book. I'd rather not have a man who is a total dick. Literally. Also, I would totally go out with a himbo. Why not? They are handsome, courteous and don't seem to harbor any malice. What if they cannot discuss Sartre or Marxism? What if they are more into sports or the gym or protein shakes than into politics? Not everything has to be so serious. I don't know if I'd would enter a relationship with a himbo and maintain it, but they're so PRETTY!




It's like having lunch with any of the men in all those  pages in some of the many blogs I visit almost every day. It's like Maddie's Candy Shop come to life. I know it would be challenging for some to lack some intellectual sparring, but hey. Many visit those blogs every day. There's something about the himbo that makes us look. I think deep down every himbo is a very nice person and that should count. Could too much of a good thing be bad? Maybe. But those muscles, though...!





All in all, I think the himbo gets a bad rap. Pretty people are always judged by the way they look but at the end, everybody wants a piece of them, for whichever reason, be it lust or greed or projection or status or whatever it is that we want them to be. Being blessed with great genes and a sweet disposition should not be a burden. Gosh they're pretty.


XOXO





Comments

  1. I can honestly say that I don't believe I have ever met a himbo. Really. Oh, I've known men with the physicality you describe - but none of the sweet qualities you paired with the looks and body to qualify as a himbo. They've all been dicks to varying degrees - good looking, fit, and they know it and ply it to their advantage at the drop of a pair of pants. It would be kinda refreshing to find one, actually. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, of course.
      Few men qualify as Himbos. Most men with banging bodies tend to be pretty much into themselves and end up being absolute dicks or fuckbois. But Himbos do exist. Who knew they'd be so scarce?

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. The Ultimate Himbo was Rick Rossovich in "Roxanne." God, he was perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t forget he was also in Top Gun.

      Delete
    2. Except Top Gun had Tom Cruise which made it a pass for me.

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes. Rick was yummy.
      And yes, Tom Cruise can ruin even the best movie.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I want to meet a himbo. Whatever happened to your first himbo? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have no idea what happened to him.
      After I left home to go study, I know he kept checking on my mom (she adored him and he adored her) but when my mom moved, we lost touch with him. He most probably got married and had a ton of kids.
      He was dreamy, though. Hopefully he passed on those genes.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. There are very few true himbos out there, if you happen to meet one consider yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.
      I have not met many. And they're mostly straight. Truly 'nice guys' through and through.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I think you nailed it with your description. The lovable lunk who just wants to be your friend and please everyone. A golden retriever, if you will. I could gaze at them and fantasize all day. Fill up the spank bank.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Yes. Literally the Golden Retriever version of a man. They're beautiful, though.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Knowing Maddie....he always jokingly asks what his label is. He's far from a bear or cub... But not a jock either...but not exactly a queeny queen either. I always tell him he's a himbo. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And I think Maddie has the physical attributes but is much too self-aware, smart and witty to be a true Himbo.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I was thinking I had no himbos... but I did.. in summer stock. Sweetest straight men. They were very kind to me, when all the homophobes and the vicious queens were not. Bless them, every one of them. They made the intolerable a little more tolerable. I never understood why they were nice to me. And handsome... yes. Gods amongst men. That did not translate when I started doing theatre in the twin cities. No himbos. Just ridiculously self-hating everythings. Thanks, hon. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, yes!
      Isn't it funny that's mostly straight men who are Himbos? I have only known one gay Himbo. The rest? All straight.
      Super sweet and kind best qualities of the Himbo. Funny how the most beautiful gay men can be so ugly.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.