Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Moisés!


How's your Spanish? I'm not sure Vogue Spain put CC here, but here we go. I love everything about this. Well, Moisés is dreamy, but hey, today I'm focusing on the house. Men with kind eyes and facial hair get the best of me sometimes. So back to the house: I love that it is a remodel and that they converted (well, his husband, who is an architect, did) a five-room house into an airy, happy space that speaks volumes about the men who live there. It's a completely different feeling, when you have more space and light. Tiny rooms make me stabby sometimes.

Moisés says he's not a 'decorator' but I think that makes the house even more accessible and beautiful. The books, the plants, the quirky pieces of furniture here and there. I immediately felt affinity because his dining room kind of looks like mine (I would love those chairs, btw) in spirit. Specially because I had the same idea they had, but I have records instead of books against one of my walls. He also seems very into hanging artwork from people he either knows or admires. And what about that accent wall? Love that they discovered those layers of paint and instead of going against years of people trying to wrangle previous colors, they just let them show through. Brilliant. I would have loved also to see a 'before' picture though, because the finished product is really cool.

Now, the bed making. I agree: I love tons of cushions and pretty bedcovers and sheets. I love white sheets, btw, and it's a struggle. Lately I've gotten into dark gray and gray and black bedcovers and sheets for the fall and winter and I'm loving them. But I agree, having a bed that feels like a hotel bed is fantastic. I like bedrooms to be relaxing and I have GOT to make the bed in the morning. Leaving the bed always unmade is very freshman-living-in-a-dorm-for-the-first-time-in-their-lives for me. The kitchen is another awesome room in the house. I love that green wall and the fact that they do NOT have one of those monstrous K-cup things. They brew their coffee the old-fashioned way. Points.

And what do you think about the dogs, Agustín y Santa? Are they vegetarian? Are they siblings? How did they pose for their portraits? I have questions. I don't even like pets and  I literally died of cute overload. 

XOXO


Comments

  1. First off, you know my Spanish is a little rusty (i.e. non-existent). Secondly, he is a handsome man in a beautiful home. I found the unfinished wall an interesting concept. The embroidered pillows on the bed were beautiful. The “broken” plate is kind of fun. And the stove top seems kind of unique. Couldn’t tell if the one side is induction or electric element. Overall it’s a very charming place.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, I know.
      And I loved that wall! It kind of ties the house's present and past. And those little details are fantastic. I think he mentioned the stove top was ceramic? I'd have to go back and listen again. It's such a cool home...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. He obviously makes much more money then I do. The beard is nice, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's a designer and his husband is an architect. Yep they probably do. And yes, it's very nice. Love facial hair.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I want that blanket on the bed. STAT. It's a nice spot, not one of my favorites, but the dogs clearly make up for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? The bedroom was totally charming and unpretentious.
      And I loved the doggie's portraits! So cute!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I love the eclectic. The mixture of retro (kitchen chairs) and the modern (the metal sculpture). The dark grey sheets are a match for Winter months (we do as well as the black with slashes of white and purple cover) ---Of course, books, books, books. And puppies!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, totally.
      It's very... them? His artwork is super cool without being impersonal. He mentions that Amodóvar photo like it's nothing. Heh. And of course, the reading nook!
      I'm loving the dark sheets and bedcovers in the winter, too! I just put a fleece blanket in between and voilà! Warm.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. He wouldn't have to do any speaking to make me happy. 98% of the 'shots' of video had plants or flowers in them. My cat would take care of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Isn't he pretty? Love the cadence of the voice, too.
      He does mention that he loves plants. And I know that kitties can be a terror for plant parents! Do they think everything green is catnip?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I might have two comments as I got an error when I tried to publish my first one. OK. I learned so much today. My Spanish is terrible, Moises is a fashion designer and I need to hide this video from Mrs. Shife because she will want to do a lot of things to our house after watching this and that will be expensive. Thanks for sharing, Sixpence. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Well, let's work on your Spanish, Mr. Shife!
      And you definitely need to show this video to Mrs. Shife and start a project in your house STAT! LOL
      Glad you stopped by!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.