Go back in time

Show more

Sixty-three



Oh, all you would have to do is to type 'Madonna' on the search button in this blog and you'd probably find a dozen entries. It's a well-established fact that I'm a Madonna fan. And as a good fan, I'm here today to celebrate her. It's her birthday. Yep, Madonna turns sixty three today and I'm here to wish her a Happy Birthday.




Even when Madonna was at the height of her fame, there were people who found her to be 'too much' or 'not enough'. She was too 'vulgar', or too 'out there' or not 'a good singer' or  not 'creative' and stealing something from somebody. Still, I liked her. I still like her. If I were an artist, I would like to be somebody like Madonna. Always pushing the envelope. Always creating something. Always with her finger on the pulse of what's happening. Didn't Oscar Wilde said that there's only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about?




Madonna is the only artist I've seen in concert multiple times. If you asked me which my favorite Madonna song is, I'd have to sit and think: there's too many. After all, she's put out fourteen albums. Every decade, for the last thirty eight (!!) years, Madonna has put out albums. Her last tour was in 2020. I would say she's beat the odds that were stacked against her. For someone who has been accused of being a no-talent who sounds like Minnie Mouse on helium, she's done pretty well.




So Happy Birthday, Madge. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. 

XOXO








Comments

  1. There’s always going to be detractors. But like the song say “I rise above it all.” She has staying power and the talent.

    Keep it going Madge.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      They literally ruled her out when she came out with her first song. It's been more than thirty years.
      She's always had the last laugh.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I didn't know that, she is slightly older than I am, not dead yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      And I was just thinking that Cyndi, Michael and Prince are all her contemporaries.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Shit, she's almost as old as I am 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore. No one comparable. She may borrow, but she's still an absolute original one of a kind. Gutsy. Fearless. A force to be reckoned with. Yes, I have my issues with current Madge... she seems bent on alienating people, even her diehard fans. But I still adore. I will still buy. I thought her last album was amazing - challenging. I'm glad she's not satisfied with just sitting on her laurels, going out and singing the hits, living in past glories. I look forward to whatever she has to offer. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I cannot see many of the singers of today having such and impact and such long careers. She's always been a trailblazer. Her evolution has been quite remarkable and her lyrics have become more and more complex and interesting.
      I also look forward to whatever she puts out. There's only one Madonna.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I admire her old stuff, but I think lately she has become more caricature than anything else.

    And should that be eighty-three? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I live for 80's Madonna. I think Anne Marie and I were talking about that in one of my posts.
      But I have liked her later stuff. I was not too much into Rebel Heart but I loved the concert. I think American Life is underrated and I loved Madame X, really.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I like her. Always have. She's gotten better as her voice matured - like all singers. My favorite is still the Dick Tracy stuff. She's older than I thought. And only fourteen albums in thirty-eight years, you say? Total of 27 if you count the live and the compilations. I must go find the few I don't have. My fav vocalist has 67 - with at least one #1 Billboard in each of 6 decades. But, who's braggi--- er, I mean, counting? 😉 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I really liked her in Dick Tracy. I think it's the best she's ever looked on screen. I love her Breathless Mahoney.
      And yes, there's been 14 studio albums, not counting the compilations, concerts and the such. And I love Barbra, too!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I can still see her in my mind on American Bandstand saying she wanted to rule the world. It is said that the truly great, exceptional things in the world are freaks of nature. I think she qualifies as she is great and exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched that interview!
      She was so young and so determined to succeed. I think people does not appreciate that. And I agree: she's great and exceptional. From the beginning she was fantastic.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Have always enjoy her and her music. I just wish she would not become a plastic surgery nightmare and try so hard to stay so relevant . It comes across of desperate at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always fun. I hope she keeps putting music out.
      I cannot believe she had surgery done. She's always been so beautiful!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I have been a huge fan since the very first album in 1985 and I was lucky enough to see Madonna in London as part of the Blond Ambition World Tour in July 1990. I like the Dick Tracy stuff too, but I think my favourite songs would still be Borderline and Lucky Star from the first album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I LOVE Lucky Star.
      I think 80's Madonna is unsurpassed. My fav album is Ray of Light, though. I think it was one of her best.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.