Go back in time

Show more

FPR: Monster's Ball


Maddie has said it before: Drag Race looks better abroad. Our resident Drag maven is never wrong when it comes to, well, Drag. And this little sample of Drag Race Holland is all you'd need to confirm that Maddie is indeed, right. 

The whole Fashion Photo Ruview is a staple (for me) because I've been watching it from the beginning of the YouTube series. In FPR, it's usually Raja and Raven who Boot and Toot the looks on the runway of RuPaul' Drag Race. Their banter is fantastic and it's super fun to watch them critique the looks on the runway of RPDR. I strongly recommend it.  Raja always plays Devil's Advocate and Raven is, well, Raven. They're a hoot.

They have branched out, and Alexis Mateo and Nicky Doll have been doing Drag Race España and now Drag Race Holland. And they bring their own brand of savoir faire and fuego! to the series. Nicky usually plays nice here and Alexis goes for the yugular. Super fun, I'd have to say because these Queens know what they're talking about. After all, they are both veterans of the franchise, and like Raja and Raven, they Boot and Toot with abandon. And sometimes, they even Shoot a look.

Now, I have not been watching the whole Drag Race Holland season faithfully. I've been busy and finding the pirated versions is way too much work because sometimes they're not subtitled. But I'm living for the FPR this season. Both Nicky and Alexis offer good critiques, they take into account things that us, as mere mortals, cannot even think about. And I love their accents and turns of phrase. It's a riot. 

In this episode, my top three were: Ivy-Elyse, Vanessa Van Cartier and The Countess. Honorable mention to Vivaldi for that make up! I love theatrical Drag even more than Glam Drag because I know that these girls can look drop-dead gorgeous. Monster Drag? I'm here for it.

XOXO



Comments

  1. We aren't getting all these new versions, or even the original, because we live in an anti-streaming house. Sorry Ru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Well, the original Drag Race is on VH1 and I cannot watch it because I don't have cable. I will probably group-watch it when it comes back, though. I don't have WOW presents plus, either. I usually watch highlights like Fashion Photo Ruview instead of the full program.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Well, anything where subtitles are required is, for the most part, out. It is extremely rare that I see anything I can fully enjoy because I am too busy having to read the dialogue to actually see the nuance of posture or expression. If I'm paying attention to the nuance, I miss the dialogue. Ah, well..... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Oh, Big. I have the same problem with my manfriend. I usually watch Korean horror movies on my own because he will not do anything with subtitles. I did watch some highlights from RPDR España and it was hysterical. Also, apparently the Snatch Game in RPDR Holland was a riot but very culturally bound. It comes with the territory.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I can't even keep up with RuPaul's own multi drag race series, let alone the foreign ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I'm only committed to the OG RPDR on VH1. All the others are just the cherry on top of the Drag ice cream.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. The boy and I are loving RDR-Holland. I like to think the foreign seasons are better because they embrace the factor of camp and "drag queen" standards instead of trying to be so fishy and as real as possible looking females. The only issue I see with RuPaul doing so many seasons over lapping, is they will start competing with each other, and not giving equal time to catch them all. Down Under suffered, with a regular season and and then the Espana season.

    And someone best get the Mistress back. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG
      So many people are telling me the same! I have friends who watch them all and swear by the international version. España and the UK versions were a hoot. And the Drag they show is super cool, I agree. I was gagging with this runway they showed here.
      I only truly follow the OG Drag Race, though. For all the others I just watch people reacting to it or watch the Photo Ruviews.

      And WHERE IS MADDIE???

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. cute girls. the competition was fierce. I hope the one who did the spider was not docked for subtlety. I could only fault the one for going so dark that the details were difficult to make out (also the shape made no sense). Just incredible. Thanks for sharing, hon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 days ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.