Go back in time

Show more

OHW


This gave me chills. As, one thing is to listen to this song, which is per se, iconic at this point. Another thing is to listen to a man singing this song. The message of the song is so much about love and desire that it hits you right in the Solar Plexus. When did you imagine that a mainstream singer would go on public television and sing this song? And he may not have the best voice ever, but I did get chills. And that's what I need a song to do to me.

Happy Pride!

XOXO

P.S: LilNasX is on a roll.


He doesn't need your approval. Dolly approves.


For a One Hit Wonder, he's got now about a dozen


1.6 billion streams in one service. An album that defies categorization.

"While Lil Nas is delving into personal trials and generational trauma, pushing his voice and lyrics to new heights, Daytrip and Cunningham are surveying the landscape of modern music, pulling in the bits and pieces that seem appropriate. Montero builds on emo-adjacent SoundCloud rap, pop music with a flair for rock guitars, the bubbly hip-hop powering Doja’s Planet Her, ’90s grunge and shoegaze, and the specific brand of plush gospel-rap heard on recent Kanye records. (Ye co-produced “Industry Baby,” but it’s “Dead Right Now,” which features vocals from Stellar Award nominees Jason McGee and the Choir, that sounds like it could fit comfortably on Donda.) The blend is careful; it rarely feels like Lil Nas is fishing for obvious hits or trying to recapture the magic of “Old Town Road” (as it did with 7’s Cardi B linkup “Rodeo,” fun as that was). It doesn’t feel like he’s cosplaying as a rocker or shuffling through musical styles for the express purpose of reaching a new market. Montero is aware of its strengths and committed to refining them. He devotes less time to throwaway lines and much more on personal, capable singing."

The kid is all right. He may not even need us to listen to his music.

Comments

  1. He's impressive. Really, he is. The commercial he does with Sir Elton is a hoot, too. That tells me he doesn't take himself too seriously --- which is a thing that can actually stifle or ruin a career. As long as he finds ways to remain relevant, he'll be around for a long time. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's playing the game in a very smart way.
      I did see the commercial with Sir Elton. Super fun. And you know he's going to find ways to be in everybody's mouth. Whether they like him or not, he'll be talked about.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. He can be in my mouth anytime 😎

      Delete
  2. I, like Dolly, kinda love his rendition. I love the fact that he does what he wants todo, damn to naysayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too!
      It was also totally unexpected and therefore, brilliant. He does what he wants to do, indeed.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Lil Nas X is riding this horse for all it’s worth, and more power to him. His personality is charismatic and he puts it all out there. I agree with Whack about his commercials for Uber Eats with Sir Elton: they’re cute and playful. Look them up if you haven’t already seen them.

    I hope he has a long and illustrious career.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he's totally taking advantage of being the hot artist.
      He's charming and knows how to work social media to his advantage. He is a product of his generation.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Don't you just know Franklin Graham is clinching his teeth and pounding his fist!

    Lil Nas X is the Boy George of the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you just know the Talibangelists are fuming at this.
      They cannot take visibility from the LGBTQ+ community well. It normalizes us and that's something they cannot tolerate. Who will think of the children?

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. When it comes to gay men singing county classics formerly meant only for women singers, I prefer Orville Peck, quite frankly. But I like Lil Nas X's commercial with Elton John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, YES!
      You know Orville is one of my faves. And a man openly singing to another man? Melting.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. It didn't give me chills, but so damn good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time a man sings to another man in a public forum, I get chills.
      Unabashedly talking about love between men is always a thrill.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Interesting voice, interesting choice of song,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally unexpected.
      I had no idea that song was even on his radar.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. That put me to sleep, but if he felt the need to line Dolly's pockets a little more, good for him! He remains a true original... destined for greatness. I can't wait to see what's next. Thanks for sharing this and glad he is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it. And it was totally unexpected for me.
      Singing about a man is always a plus in my book when it's another man doing the singing. And Dolly can take all my money. After I learned she funded research for the COVID vaccine and publicly got it, she's been in my 'good Country' book.
      He keeps surprising people. He'll be ok.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Dolly has spent many of her millions on good works. I'm not a fan of the music, but I am certainly a fan! XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.