Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Francesco...


Ok, so first things first: I think this is how Xersex would talk to me when explaining how internal combustion engines work. Yes, I have a vivid imagination.  Also, gotta love an accent. As for the ten objects, well, we all have objects we love, no? In our houses, there's always that little corner and those things that speak to us about a trip, about a person, about a moment. What if Francesco's are literally pieces of art? More power to him.

Francesco Risso is the creative director for Marni, the Italian fashion house, and he does not disappoint when giving us his top ten objects in this fantastic apartment. My favorites? The book his friend Eliana made for him, because things that people make for me are actual treasures, in my hand. I love handcrafted things. His plants, duh. I love all that green (I also love the dining room, with those fab green chairs and those walls!) and I, like Francesco got totally possessed by plants during this pandemic. Birds of a feather... Then there's the kitty painting by Kiki Smith. HRH and Tuxedo would totally approve, right? And I love that blue.

One thing you can see throughout the apartment is the fantastic sense of color Francesco has. He's not afraid of color, and I'm with him 100% (even though my bedroom is literally white on white walls!) and that chaise lounge that seems to have an arm and a boob? Damn. 

My favorite object in my house? You'll have to wait for that one. I took some pics and I'll have to do a post about that soon...

And you, what's your favorite object in your house? I just KNOW you have one...

XOXO

Comments

  1. Lots of stuff, lots of bold color, but it doesn't feel claustrophobic, nor do things fight with one another for attention. It's a lovely building. I've ever thought about living in these terms. Such an emphasis on personal style and living only in loveliness. Very refreshing. And all that light. I adore the cat painting. Thanks, dear. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't!
      I noticed that too. Everything is well placed. He's got impeccable taste and edits well and has just what he wants.
      The cat painting was indeed a highlight.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I like the altered book/birthday card. Quite frankly, everything else in the house gives me the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that book awesome?
      And he does have a surreal taste, that's for sure.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your tribute to me and my city.
    nice home, obviously.
    You'll enjoy his IG here
    And how much Francesco is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!
      I did think about you from beginning to end. His Insta is awesome and he's handsome.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. The cello. I love listening to the cello, such an emotional instrument.
    The handmade book birthday card? Yes, ma’am.
    Now I wanna hand paint some drapes.
    The cat painting? Yes, please.
    His PJs scare me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally jealous of anybody who can play anything, to tell you the truth.
      And that book/bday card is soooo cool.
      And his PJs are luxurious, really. Probably some very expensive silk...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Nice building. He lost me with the cement sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I got no audio again. Fucking Avast. Time to dump it completely.
    My favorite in my house? I guess it would have to be my sound system, provided it can include the music collection. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn!
      That sucks. When that happens, I hit the close captions.
      And same with the music, for me. My sound system is literally a turntable and three Bose speakers. LOL
      Very minimalist.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. What a great home. The cement sunflowers and vase seem a little creepy to me. But the colors are lively and obviously he’s very creative. The birthday book and the cat painting are really adorable.

    I think the favorite item in my home is the painting of my first two dogs. It hangs in the stairwell and I see it often.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too!
      I did not mind the cement sunflowers, to tell you the truth. And I loved his sense of color.
      And I don't remember seeing that painting in your house. I do remember the doggies.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.