Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Kylie ...


When Kylie won All Stars I was not surprised. The girl does have Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent to spare. I saw her when she first was on Drag Race (on season TWO!!) and then I was very happy to see her on All Stars. She seemed to have goals when she went on the competition and was very aware it was a reality show competition. Best attitude EVER to be in a program like Drag Race. 


In eleven years one really has time to reconsider what being on a reality show is and it shows, when it comes to Kylie. She seemed relaxed, confident and most important, she seemed to be having fun. Her Dolly Parton had me in stitches. Who knew she could be beautiful AND side-splittingly funny? She also shares mane tidbits that we may have not know, like when she says she was starting her transition when she was on Drag Race in season two and I can believe that. For many girls, performing Drag really is a gateway to realizing what their identity is. 

"Don't let that hurt child make your grown up decisions"

Girl, you got me in my feels with that one. I think more people should pay more attention to that. Seriously. So many queer people really need to let go of experiences and trauma we suffer when we are children to really live. So wise, this girl. I liked that she also clarified that when she was cast in season two, people at WOW knew she was at the beginning of her transition and I think it's a good point. Because the show has been accused of not accepting Trans characters. We all know now that many of the girls have transitioned during and after they have been in the show. Good for her.




But circling back to representation: it does matter. I think that when she mentions that she needed to see Trans performers doing everyday things she's hitting the nail on the head: Trans people are just people. Nothing more, nothing less.  And Trans people telling their stories can actually change somebody's life, like it did hers. It's difficult to love yourself when everybody else is trying to keep you down but she is right: if somebody does not let you be you, get rid of them.

Like Kylie, the first Drag performers I knew were Trans women. To me, they were all impossibly beautiful Glamazons who made an impression on me and made me admire the art of conveying beauty through artistry. It was like looking at a woman multiplied ten times and that's what I think is celebrated in Drag. I think that's why I like Drag so much: it's both a living homage to and a celebration of femininity.

So congrats, Kylie, for that title. You've come a long way, girl. 

XOXO

#HappyPride



GLAAD

P.S.: if anybody has got Johnny Sibilly's number, please send it my way 'cause have I got something for him, hunny! Yum. I'd let him slide into my DMs any day.


JOHNNYSIBILLY



Comments

  1. Don't watch the show, so I'm a bit confused. Is Kylie now Johnny? Or did Johnny transition into Kylie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how lovely. Great timing, to win something like that. Hope all goes well for her. Very pretty lady. That quote is spot on. Those children? They certainly can raise a lot of havoc and do a lot of damage if not kept in check. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she totally deserved it.
      And she's very pretty, indeed. And she's a great performer. I feel this title is going to help her a lot.
      And yes, those children need to be kept under control.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Talk about being undone and coming back with a vengeance to take the crown!!!! Had the show not opened up to different drag or or trans sisters...I feel that may have been the demise of Drag Race...and our Brit and European sisters were vocal about that. My first experience of trans was meeting the fabulous Amanda Lepore. That bitch was trans before we knew what hit us. And to still be here. She and these gals are brave and trailblazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, her storyline was flawless and she showed who she was.
      I think the show has always been aware of Trans queens, as Kylie said. I think it's gotten more openly inclusive, though.
      And Amanda Lepore is an icon. A trailblazer indeed. I'd love to see her perform live. She's a walking, talking, art piece.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know right?
      The beauty. The talent.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. The problem is that we should each move away from negative thoughts, words, deeds and negative people! It applies to everyone, always!

    JOHNNY SIBILLY is so cute! I'm following him on his IG!
    Johnny Sibilly: New York, September 5, 1987
    his wikibio here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!
      I try to stay away from negative people and thoughts at all costs.
      And isn't Johnny dreamy?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I missed the All Stars so I don't know from Kylie, but Johnny? Yes, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a highlight this past season.
      And Johnny? Indeed I would. Hard.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I really really have to watch the show. All my friends talk about it and I'm left like a wallflower sitting in the corner pretending to answer a text message or sip on my wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, JM
      It's so much fun! And Drag Race and wine go very well together. Try it. I know you'll like it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. "Don't let that hurt child make your grown up decisions" --- applies to more than LGBTQ. Yessir, it does. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely.
      It hit me because it came from a very dep place. That girl has been through some things.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. We love our hometown gal Kylie Sonique here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG
      She's EVERYTHING. I'd love, love, love to see her perform live.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.