Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Nicholas...


When Nicholas says that his apartment is the manifestation of the inner machinations of his brain, I believed him. I am convinced that the place where we live is somehow, the actual image of what is going in our minds. It can be barren, baroque, boring or boisterous but it's most often than not, beautiful to our own eyes. One man's castle and all that Jazz...

I think 'post-apocalyptic garage-sale-chic smorgarsboard of everthing' is a good description of Nick's apartment. And I like it. I like the light and the one and a thousand conversation pieces he's got. He confesses he's a 'Class-2 hoarder' which believe it or not, it's indeed a thing. But taking into account his occupation, I imagine it's some kind of profession-related hazard.

Two things stand out: the 27-feet-high ceilings and the fantastic light coming from the windows. His penchant to set little stages is something that I find charming (I can almost see some of you thinking about dusting, and I'm cackling, but he does have help cleaning). Would I be able to live with that? No. But he can. And it is his house and everything there makes him happy, so my opinion obviously does not count. 

This New York apartment (I can almost see some of you calculating how much it is) is charming, and I would sit with him to hear him talk about Tilda (who had her portrait painted!) and his years in Czechoslovakia. I bet he's got stories.  One notable export they have is Bel Ami, so yeah. A gentleman of a certain age who lives alone, has a penchant for objects, a strong opinion about everything and a pet most certainly has stories about his 'pals'. Oh yes. I bet he does. 

Happy Pride!

XOXO

Comments

  1. He's an old-world charmer. His apartment... classic and a wish to make. And, you're right, I couldn't live in that antique store either. It's too much for such a small space. I would love to see the apartment cleared and staged properly (like there is such a thing?). But still... very charming. I would love to go to tea and have him share all sorts of stories - about all his items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he is!
      It comes with the profession, I imagine.
      And that apartment should be quite the place cleared up. I love the ceilings and the window! And yes, there's such thing as staging a house properly. I'd love to hear about his trips to Europe...

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Way too much clutter. He's quite correct when he says he is a Class 2 hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it all starts when we accept what we are, no?
      And clutter aside, he reminded me of the image I have of... you?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Aaaahhhh, no wonder he has so much stuff. Well, I love the high ceilings. There's way too much stuff. I kept looking for a flat surface that had any opening! LOL. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!
      Can you imagine having all that art around you 24/7? And he does love his stuff. The only things I'd keep would be the leather sofa, the armor and the plants. Maybe some posters.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. The thing that got me was one of his “several bars.” I think he has to have several because he keeps misplacing them. Of course there’s a lot of stuff in his apartment, like you said, an occupational hazard. And he says he’s been living there 6 years, having moved from a smaller apartment. Can you imagine trying to pack this place up to move? You hire the movers to do it. I’m sure he vp an afford it. But all in all, it is an interesting place. The huge window and living room is magnificent, along with all of the wood work.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I think he likes his liqueur too! LOL And the change from a smaller apartment to this one probably awakened the hoarder in him. And of course he can afford to have someone come and pack. That apartment does not come cheap.
      I love the window!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Sweet Jesus Joseph and Mary!!!!!!! It's like Upscale, highbrow, chic Hoarders Addition!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is WAY to much in a space like that for me. I would go looney tunes living there. I do think he's got some intresting objects and collections though...but I feel I can't see it. I adore him and his old world charm...but if I listen to his story it would be out at a swanky lounge or my place. My claustrophobia would be in overdrive in their.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      Upscale, highbrow, chic Hoarders Addition! LMAOOO So accurate.
      And he needs editing. Maybe a boyfriend could work that magic??

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. in my opinion, he holds too many objects. There would be too many even in a palace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.