Go back in time

Show more

Two thousand and twenty one

 





So this is what I was thinking about 2021:

  • Did I make time for others and for myself this year?
    • I think I did. Especially when I needed it most. I kept in touch with people I care about. I visited my sister, something that I had been postponing due to logistics. It was worth the hassle, the trip to alaska and a six-hour stopover. 
  • Did I work productively, while at the same time balancing work with play? 
    • I actually felt liberated working from, home. Especially because I did not have to deal in person with the evil, mean, vicious, power hungry bitch from hell who is my boss. Video conferencing allowed me to mute undesirables left and right. Passive aggressive behaviour never felt so good. Win. I also found time to have 'me' time, given that I was literally trapped in the house. Walks, blogging and books helped immensely. 
  • Was I in the moment more times than not?
    • I was very much in the moment. The pandemic has allowed me to enjoy little things (walks in the woods, talks with friends, favorite foods) much more. I have also thought about the future more. Nothing like the prospect of being killed by a stupid asshole who thinks drinking their own piss instead of getting vaccinated is ok to give your life perspective. 
  • How do I feel about my relationships with my loved ones?
    • I have told more people I care about them. I wrote my will and I have decided I'll help my nephew go to college. I also reconnected with a long-lost half sister. All that and more (you, Constant Reader) has made me realize how lucky I am with the people whom I love and the people who love me.
  • Was I resilient more times than not in the face of hardship and change?
    • I think I will be more resilient. I invented ways to do my job better. I had months of barely any contact with others unless it was through video. I had to restrict seeing people I love and I managed to not drive my loved ones crazy. So yes, I have become more resilient.
So there it is. I don't do New Year Resolutions because I don't keep them. Also, the pandemic is not over ( I don't think it will be any time soon) and things will keep changing. Want an example? They just moved my going back day one week. Thank you, idiots who think getting vaccinated is a crime but who are willing to eat horse paste and do their 'research'.

Let's see how this year goes. I know we'll get through it. You can't keep a bad bitch down.

XOXO

Comments

  1. So happy you've returned, dear one. I, for one, have missed you so.

    Lovely post. Very thoughtful. My brain doesn't work that way at all. I feel like I have a bugs bunny cartoon running in my head 24/7 these days. Reading your post? It helped turn down the volume on bugs. Looking forward to hearing all about your time away.

    And very excited that you've returned to the fold (wow, I sound like a cult member!)

    KIZZES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Upton!
      Missed you too! And I had to stop the running in my brain. It was driving me nuts (nuttier, some would say... LOL)
      yay for the cult of blogger!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Nice introspection. I think, for some, the lockdown, and pandemic, helped find some things out about ourselves and spurred a change in us.

    That said, this ...
    "Nothing like the prospect of being killed by a stupid asshole who thinks drinking their own piss instead of getting vaccinated is ok to give your life perspective. "
    Yes, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pandemic did bring some sobering changes to my life. And I hope I'll keep implementing some things that I started.
      And fuck those ignorant fools who'll end up killing hundreds.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Introspection is a good way to start the year. Glad you had a nice getaway to Alaska and are now home again safe and sound. Looking forward to your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      I cannot keep resolutions, so a little looking back came handy.
      And thanks! Missed you guys too! Gonna go read you now.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Isn't it nice to know how complete you year was? Full and satisfied. It wasn't a bad year, possibly might have been a little better, but over all a decent year. 2022 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of was?
      It was not bad, by any means. I'm privileged and I got to keep my life almost intact. For that I'm grateful.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Welcome back from the Great White North!

    It’s great you have the ability to review your year and see your growth. And it’s awesome that you have a “new” family member. I hope all goes well as you explore this new relationship.

    Always glad to have you back.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey bae
      And I'm not always this reflective. LOL I should, though.
      And yes, many 'new' things going on in the family.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. So good to have you back. Glad you enjoyed the visit. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Big!
      Yes, it' was very cool and interesting. I think I'll write about that later this month.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. wellCUMmed back! no resolutions for 2022, if not to carry on those of 2021: I had set out to eliminate negative people and accept only positive people in my life (and above all I speak of social networks).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Hi, Xersex. I'm like you and I do not keep those resolutions. By March, I have no idea of what I said I was going to do. And keeping only positive people in our lives is a MUST!
      Fuck social networks.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. In 2021 I managed to do it enough well, I have to be honest. Now I just have to continue!

      Delete
  8. Wow!! I liked that list. It's inspiring me to do more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks, J.M.
      And we can always do more, trust me.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I always get introspective in January. and this year is going to bring some shake ups for me. I also hope you're going to share some of the Alaska trip. And what you thought. I have second cousins who live there. And I need to hear the details about these hot instructors and how many times who blew them for internet!!!! I hear these things you know. So glad your back. Would you believe I got two emails asking me if you were alright??!?!?! I think you even mentioned you were going off the grid I think?

    Now, come sit here right by me...no closer, and tell me all about Alaska......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that something?
      There's something about January...
      And the trip was super interesting. I learned new things and I met new people. I'll have to write about it. You know what would happen if I step into your parlor, right?
      And it's so sweet that people asked after me... *smooches* I forgot I said I was going off the grid in xmas...

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. ¡Qué buen post y retrato de tu magnifica persona! Un a pregunta: ¿Si "la perra malvada, mala, viciosa y hambrienta de poder del infierno que es tu jefa" lee esto, no se le saldrá lo malafollá contra ti? jajaja

    Un abrazo, Mana, desde el otro lado del charco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mana!
      Y grassssss... Esa Maleficent se puede ir al coño! Que me da igual.

      Picos, desde la PM.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 days ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.