Go back in time

Show more

Oh, M. de Vilmorin ...


I was trying to remember what I was doing at 24. I was in college, I believe, concentrating on being a terrible twat and pretending to be blasé about everything I was learning. I was also prone to falling for handsome men who really took their time to reciprocate and I was convinced I was going to eventually be a sociologist. Well, all of that changed (I'm still a terrible twat, though) but it took me some time to realize it. I am not like Charles de Vilmorin, who at 24 is already the creative director of a fashion house (Rochas, natch), dazzling the public with his creations and is painting murals on the walls of his fantastic apartment. 

We're here today to talk about his beautiful apartment in the 17th arrondissement. I'm kind of in love with it. Don't you just love it when you can immediately tell who is it that lives in a place by the way they organize their things? Our places are a reflection of who we are. I’ve said that many times. And trust me, If I were Charles, I would have painted at least two or three murals in my place already. The talen! I’m slightly jealous.

I think his home decor style is a great mix of the classic and the vintage with a more creative, cutting edge vision this side of flamboyant. It's both comforting and exciting. You need eye to create that contrast. I'm sure some of the flea market finds would literally cost me several month's salary (it's Paris, after all!) but they all come together beautifully in his place. It truly is a reflection of his philosophy of living.

I love his living room with that Miro-like mobile and the glass. I think it's so awesome he's kept his mom's artwork (that talent comes from somewhere); I adore his desk with his dream board (I love having a dedicated corner office at home!) and I love how real his closet is! It looks like mine on Fridays, after I've complained for five days in a row I cannot find anything to wear. 

So what were you doing when you were 24? 

XOXO


Comments

  1. I was dreaming of living in that apartment in Paris.
    And I'm still having that dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      I think that most people has had that dream at some point in their lives!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. In the military, stationed in S. CA, living in a tiny 2-bed apartment and dreaming of being on the stage. His mother must have encouraged him to follow his heart; as an artist, how could she not? How I wish parents would do that more. Mine were like the current Etsy commercial. Oh, wait...we were here to comment on his apartment. I love that place. I could live there Yes, I could. (Though, TBH, my days would be spent in the Louvre.) It's huge and those windows are to kill for. His aesthetic is great with the pops of color everywhere. Yes, indeed. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being in the military gives people a very special outlook on life.
      You should write about that more. Especially in what concerns sexuality.
      The apartment, oh, that's right. I loved it. And you're right, it's big and those windows!
      He's got an eye for color and it shows.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. More people could relate to this video because it is like a person's house every day and looks lived in. Not like a model home showroom. Im in love with the size and the mercury glass vintage mirror.

    At 24? I was probably somewhere on my back with my clothes on the floor , right next to me morals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true?
      Places that are so painstakingly curated that you just KNOW nobody ever even sits on the chairs are pretty and... empty. You know he lives and works in this place and that's what makes it interesting.
      And honey, my twenties were spent just like yours. Give or take a position or two.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. At 24, I was in college majoring in English and on my way to having a double major in French. The living rooms is nice. The clothes? They look like something Picasso might have designed for Ringling Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, I cannot picture you as an English major. Nope.
      Or maybe yes?
      And comparing someone to Picasso is quite the compliment, no matter who he's designing for...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. When I was 24, I was a starving student finishing my third year of law school.

    I like those ostrich heads the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I had forgotten you went to Law school.
      Oh, Law school. I have at least five friends and at least ten acquaintances who started Law school and only one is currently working as a lawyer. Those first years are BRUTAL.
      And I kind of fixated on the ostrich heads too!

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. It’s a really nice apartment. The floor to ceiling windows are wonderful. He is quite talented, though his designs are a teeny bit over the top for me.

    At 24 I believe I had already worked my way into the payroll department at work. Two of my brothers and I, who were still living at home bought a house in the suburbs big enough for our parents and us. I was a homebody back then.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That apartment is fantastic, really.
      And he designs mainly for women with a certain aesthetic, so yeah. But I know you love color, so there's that.
      And I just went on a trip to Joliet looking for records and saw your last name on that Lawyer's Office downtown. It always tickles me pink.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    19 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.