Go back in time

Show more

The Story of the Tiger








Ok, so I kind of love the idea that the Jade Emperor kicked the Lion out of the zodiac and placed the Tiger in its place because the Lion was wreaking havoc and imposing his will over the rest of the animals. 2022 is the year of the Tiger and if that legend seems like a forecast of things to come, things are going to get better. Hopefully!

I found out that the pattern on the tiger's forehead is the Chinese symbol for 'King' and that the Tiger is in charge of keeping peace on earth. And that the Tiger and the Pig get along famously. Fabulous mythology. 

Oh, and I also found this about my forecast for the Year of the Tiger:

“Tempers flare, drama and excitement reign, and crazy dreams can become reality.” This can apply to personal relationships, career developments, and, on a larger scale, political unrest or social revolution. While there can be great boons that come out of a Tiger year and some zodiac signs may experience wonderful luck, others can easily get burned. There is no middle ground in the year of the Tiger.

Shit. Oh well. There's also this:

Since 2022 will be the year of the Water Tiger, it will be a time of very strong, wild emotions. “For some people, that’s liberating,” Levitt says, “and they should take the risk. You always wanted to be a chef? Learn to cook this year. You always wanted to be a writer? Take that writing class.” Sometimes, however, emotional extremes can mean chaos, and some of the negative attributes that come with the Water element can be fear and indecisiveness. 

So I'll have to be careful with spending? I've got news for them: you need moola to spend it, honey. Also, I'm thrifty by nature, so... Yes, I can be arrogant and impetuous, but I'm also sympathetic. And I like what they say about emotions. And risks with new things. It may be an auspicious year after all. Of course, I will forget most everything about this post and in four weeks I'll be concentrating on goddess only knows what. But it's fun to read about it, don't you think?

Here's a nice primer on the Chinese Horoscope. Just for shit and giggles.

Happy Year of the Tiger! And congrats to all the Goats, Oxen and Cows out there! This is your year!

XOXO

Comments

  1. Thanks. Vast numbers of Americans know absolutely nothing about the Chinese culture. Maybe it's time we began learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      It's kind of endemic, even though many people like to mention China every three words!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Real interesting story of the tiger. You’ve always been a go getter so you should shine this year. Being a Dog, I’ve got my work cut out for me, though it always seems that way. Enjoy the new year and let’s all make the best of it.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about the Tiger. Nope.
      Aww bae LOL Other people think I'm a dick, but I'll take it.
      Happy New Lunar Year, you Dog!

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Make that “old” dog, thank you very much. 😝

      Delete
  3. Born in the Year of the Dog --- why it gotta be dog --- the Year of the Tiger is supposed to be quite good to me.
    I'll let you know in 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh another Dog?
      Carlos may be a lucky man....
      And hope the Year of the Tiger is awesome for you!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. But of course, I'd be year of the Rooster!!

    “The Rooster is having a positive year, as luck is on their side and offering them protection from harm. This is welcomed info as you may see an increase in responsibility as a valued advisor to those around you. You'll have the ability to rationalize any given situation and to see a clear path forward more so than any other animal in 2022." Apparently, it's also the best time to make investments of all types, financial and in relationships.

    Funny... no much of cock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The Rooster, huh?
      And they told me to watch my money! It sounds like a cool year, Maddie!
      And I feel you about the lack of cock, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year of the Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gung hey fat choy! Happy New Year! Thanks for the info on the Year of the Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!
      I didn't even know half of that!
      The Year of the Tiger is gonna be something!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Well, I was born in the year of the Dragon. What does that mean for me?
    "The Dragon represents the direction of Southeast and the month of April. The Dragon has the reputation of an entrepreneur and this one has an influence on aspects of the Tiger's finances.
    This will be more about raising money from sponsors or similar sources rather than offering direction in earning the money. The Dragon likes a challenge and as an entrepreneur he knows how to turn a difficult situation round. He is loyal to the Tiger and will earn the respect of the leader in doing so. 2022 is a responsible year for the Dragon."
    So, all in all, it should be a decent year getting an agent, selling the book, and pitching a comedy series? Let's hope, eh? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh that's an idea!
      Should we expect a book this year? Yay!
      And I knew we got along so well for something. We are compatible Lunar signs!

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. If this agent doesn't pick me up, I may go through self-publishing this latest one. But, fingers crossed! XOXO

      Delete
  8. My friends had a Chinese New Year dinner celebration last night. I am still stuffed. Good stuff, good laughs, good eating! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious and fun!
      Oh, I love Chinese food. Maybe too much! LOL
      Happy New Year!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. aktuell : Tiger an der EigerNordwand !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiger, tiger, burning bright... HNY... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.