Go back in time

Show more

Boy Doll


I love punk rock.  I, like Joan Jett, also love rock and roll. And when music influences fashion, we have products like this collection by Hedi Slimane for Celine. I love his shows, they're always very tied to music and very kinetic. He also shot the video for this collection in one of the most emblematic sites in Paris: L'Olympia, that opened in fucking 1893 and has seen it all: theater, opera, ballet. So fitting.

And I love this. I literally love all of this, because if a punk rocker (or a punk skater) would find in himself love for haute couture and fab tailoring, he'd wear this. I love the proportions: the slim shoulders up and the wider legs in the bottom are killer. I also love the boxy jackets (my all-time fav jacket is a Brando in Rebel without a Cause leather number that has been used and abused because it's a hand-me-down and it's two sizes too big for me) and the distressed and flared pants. They're very rock and roll. The leopard print coat and that scaly coat? Yes, please. Same for the cropped pants with tights. That's basically been my winter uniform, natch. I would love a leather mini-skirt, too. And the fucking bedazzled boots! Gimme.

Also, the cruiser boots and the creeper platforms? Very that. Very Iggy meets Stray Cats meets the New York Dolls. Hedi also collaborated with other artists (like we saw with Comme Des Garçon's Junya Watanabe collaborating with Jay Kay from Jamiroquai) for this collection and you can see the additional touches here and there. The film itself (and the music) are little gems in themselves, but the collection is fantastic. I know what I'm going to wear to work next week now. And probably what I'm gonna wear well into my sixties, when I will give less of a fuck about everything than I give now.

XOXO


Comments

  1. I've never been influenced by fashion. Comfy has always worked best with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh
      You keep saying that but everything from the color of your socks to the orange bib people wear at your job have influenced by fashion. You may not want to admit you are fashionable or trendy. But that's different.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Nice clothes, of course, but nothing I would wear. I too am more for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about couture is that it is custom.
      When you buy luxury brands the materials and the cut are above average: soft, durable, well cut. That's what people pay for.
      Maybe you mean familiar when you say comfortable? I don't know. I have never seen what you wear. But if you have worn jeans and a jacket, you've worn fashion.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. This is another interesting collection. I’m thinking of pairing the sequined leggings with cutoff short shorts and a ripped T-shirt for doing yard work. That’ll shock the neighbors 😆

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd like to see that!
      You certainly have the legs for cutoff shorts, no?
      And I'm cackling here thinking about your neighbors watching you cut the grass in Céline!
      LMAOOOO

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if Celine has jockstraps in the mix yet?

    We carried Celine handbags and accessories at Bloomingdales when I worked there. They were very hefty in price. The company rep came once and loved my merchandising and visual work with their product and offered me a choice of Celine or Tom Ford sunglasses. The same company produced goods for both companies. I went with Tom Fords. Celine's were just too huge for my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Probably not. But I should write about jockstraps.
      And luxury brands are incredibly expensive. The design, the cut and the materials are mostly of very, very high quality. And Tom Ford is top shelf. I have only looked at Céline because Hedi was designing this. I love his vision.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I am already seeing Maddie in the glittered sequined jockstrap collection!!
    As a shoe whore, I am loving the shoes ... and the coats ... the pants, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting collection. The Bomber Jacket is a definite yes for me, as is the black leather coat. The pants - not so much; too baggy. (How is anyone to see the dick print? 🤣) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too!
      Slimane is very Rock and Roll. And some of those pieces are fantastic. And you could wear the leggins so we could appreciate how you hang....
      And not I'm thinking about your dick. Good job, big!

      LMAOO

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Love your take on this. Bowie explored all this ages ago, but it's lovely to see it condensed into a fashion statement for the masses. Interesting movement. I like one of the coats, very much, though a bit boxy. The shoes work, too. Sharp... as in - back when Joe Jackson was considered punk. LOL.

    The jeans are a no go for me. Too Haties.

    Loved the music. Well done. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe
      Thanks, Upton! And of course it has all been done before. Fashion and design are cyclical. What these collections and shows do is distill it for us to appreciate what's in their heads for this season. And I loved two of the coats. And those boots!
      Hahaha it seems that I was the only one who liked the Jeans.
      And the music was awesome. A bop.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I wish I could be that cool. I never felt comfortable with the punk look but I do love the look on the folks that can pull it off. I ended going with the grunge look for a long time but now that I am working from home I am turning into the PE teacher wearing nothing but sweats or shorts and sweatshirts. I might need a fashion intervention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't we all, Mr. Shife?
      I wish I looked half as cool as some of those models. But that's their job, right? And I love Punk. I try to sneak something Punk in everything I wear. LOL
      And you would not believe the thought that goes nowadays in a pair of sweatpants. There's a whole industry behind athleisurewear.
      Would you believe I loved grunge? I still have flannel shirts. And a fashion intervention! Oh, bet Mrs. Shife would have a ball with that idea!

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Speaking of Joan Jett, I was friends with PJ Harkins (her drummer from the 80's) sister. I remember going to watch the movie Light of Day with her. No, it wasn't the red carpet watch (her parents got to go to that). Huge crush on Michael J back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how cool is that?
      So Glam. And same about Michael J.


      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.