Go back in time

Show more

Justify my Love


How's about some love and science? 

  • Love at first sight: doubted it for the longest time, but I am aware of my love map. It's more about his personality and some physical characteristics, but yeah.

  • People are adulterous but they form partnerships: Yep. No matter how you slice it.

  • Love is an addiction: Absolutely. Being dumped is the hardest thing. Pheromone withdrawal is a bitch.

  • Dating apps are hit/miss: people binge in them and then do nothing. People do not give the people they want time to get to KNOW them. They cannot handle many tasks at a time.

  • Positive illusions: we focus on what we love.

  • Sex drive and romantic love are two brain systems: the brain is built for both, honey.

  • How does attraction work? Oh, dear. I think it's more dopamine and serotonin and a whole lot of specific characteristics. And pay attention to people who are high on testosterone.

  • The difference between Platonic and Romantic attraction: sometimes tricky.

  • Online dating: Thankfully, not killing romance. Romance lives forever.

  • Chemicals in love: the base of the brain is key. Dopamine again, sugar boo.

  • Soulmates: Yes. And Yes. Deep, genuine attachment. The lane of love is narrow, though.

  • Love and the heart: It may be physiological. I feel it in the pit of my stomach.

  • Lust hard: you are not ready to fall in love. Simple. 

  • Divorce rates when you meet online: online is (a little) less likely to divorce. The variables!

  • In love and jealous: totally possible. It's called mate guarding. Who knew?

  • Play is key: dopamine strikes again!


So what did you learn about love today? Did it surprise you? She's GOOD.

XOXO










Comments

  1. Wait. I'm still on Daytona Sands! Did we hookup at Kieth's Cruise Room in 1975??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ton of information here with more than a few aha moments. Explains a lot about what started ten years ago.

    I agree, she’s very good.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great!
      I found her quick runup quite informative. I wonder if she's published a book...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I think I pretty much agree with all of her points. I may have to go find and take her quiz. LOL. But I will say this when it comes to lust: Whatever chemical triggers it, "The cock cannot lie." XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she laid out a very good framework.
      I was wondering about that quiz, too. Love me some good quizzes.
      And the cock does not lie. No, Sir.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. There are various natures and various men, even when it comes to adultery. I know men who can't have sex unless they are in love. And I'm stupid of it, but it is in this way.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I have always been slightly weary of dopamine.
      It's made me do some very stupid things.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I don't agree that people, all people, are adulterous, but I do think people make mistakes they regret and should strive to be more honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that people make decisions.
      People decide what's better for them and then stick with it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I know 2 couples who met online who didn't just want to hook up. Both spent a lot of time emailing and chatting before they even met face to face. Communication is very important and very rarely involves hormones. Dopamine, that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, meeting online does not mean hookup.
      As she puts it: people need to be methodical and not run around like a chicken with its head cut off because it does not work. It's a combination of hormones and communication Dave. They go together.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I don't know. Of my parents...I think Im closer to lust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lust is often demonized.
      But without lust we are very boring.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I got some boo sugar, for you, dear heart. This was sweet. I think online dating is the best kind of dating. If honest, you put all your expectation right up front... that's why reading profiles is more important that simply looking at a pic. That goes for hooking up as well. A lot of players out there. A lot of catfish. But... how is that really any different than meeting someone at a bar? As for dopamine? We can convince ourselves and our bodies of just about anything. You make your reality... what your brain tells your body? That happens. Lust. Love. To each their own. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I love the term 'sugar boo'. Online dating is not the devil. When approached correctly, it can be very productive (I can attest to that). Same with hooking up. I just find that people do not really know how to approach either.
      And don't they say the brain is the biggest sex organ there is? It can indeed convince us of most anything.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Oh... and where's the Madonna vid???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.