Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Pádraic...

 

@YOLCO

Did you know that even St. Patrick is not free of some same-sex fun by proxy?

“The day I arrived, the ship was about to leave the place. I said I needed to set sail with them, but the captain was not at all pleased. He replied unpleasantly and angrily: ‘Don’t you dare try to come with us.’ When I heard that, I left them and went back to the hut where I had lodgings. I began to pray while I was going; and before I even finished the prayer, I heard one of them shout aloud at me: ‘Come quickly – those men are calling you!’ I turned back right away, and they began to say to me: ‘Come – we’ll trust you. Prove you’re our friend in any way you wish.’ That day, I refused to suck their breasts, because of my reverence for God.”

@theconfessionofstpatrick

@YOLCO

That's because apparently, the Irish were a raucous group:

“Before [Patrick’s] mission, Irish sexual arrangements were relatively improvisational. Trial ‘marriages’ of one year, multiple partners, and homosexual relations among warriors on campaign were all more or less the order of the day. Despite Patrick’s great success in changing the warrior mores of the Irish tribes, their sexual mores altered little.”

howtheirishsavedcivilization

There may be something about 'the luck of the Irish', though. All the Irish men I've dated have been closer to Yolco's inspiration than to the typical red nose short hose myth...


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Don't get too drunk!


XOXO

Comments

  1. My, that certainly is a pot of gold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely.
      With some Irishmen, all you have to do is follow the rainbow.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. What’s not to love about a red haired man? A top o’ the mornin’ and a Happy St. Patrick’s day, babe!

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Love me some ginger. I think they're delicious.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Happy St Paddy's Day. The best time I had on this day was in Savannah Georgia. A major port of entry of the Irish during the Potato famine. It was like Mardi Gras. First time I saw green condoms and green toilet paper.
    I love firsts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St. Paddy's Day!
      Ohh really? I didn't know! I thought it was the Northern Atlantic that got most of those. And green toilet paper? Really?

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That he indeed has.
      Yolco definitely has a style.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. It must be his particular characteristic, drawing huge dicks.

      Delete
  5. Um ... Happy Big Dick Ginger Day????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! HBDGD!
      And that's a holiday that I'd be willing to celebrate very, very often.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. And top o' the mornin' to ye. The warriors - like all men through the ages - will find a way to satisfy the natural sexual urge. "Boys will be boys." Happy St Paddy's Day. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh.
      They do, indeed. It probably has to do with all that physicality. But weren't the Irish fun?
      Happy St. Paddy's!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Ah, any excuse to drink... :) Now... I rather like that Irish mate you're sharing. He looks like a mountain I'd like to climb (though he'd be the one doing the mounting!) You know, I have to be honest... the day has never done anything for me. I like kilts though... or rather, men who wear nothing on under them. But Happy St. P. Day, all the same. Thanks for the visuals. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!
      And drink they do! Lord, when I lived in Pittsburgh, this was the one day you had to hold on to your knickers in a bar. And I'd like me an Irishman like this one too, TBH. And kilts are awesome. Especially when worn the traditional way....

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. You do know that ginger haired Vikings sailed to the Emerald Isle long before that party pooper Paddy showed up to ruin things, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, totally.
      Vikings from Western Scandinavia were redheaded ( the ones from the North were blond) and they were all over Northern Europe even before the dawn of the Viking Age.
      How do I know that? Love me a big blond or ginger brute.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Well that is quite interesting and something I did not know. Thanks, Sixpence. I hope you have a fun and festive St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was customary to lick another man's nipples to show that one was not aggressive. I would have liked that custom, TBH.
      And hope you had a happy St. Paddy's Day, Mr. Shife!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.