Go back in time

Show more

Artbyvyse

 




I found Richard Vyse or @ARTBYVYSE by accident, because I was actually stalking somebody else who just happened to have him in his Stories. And I'm glad I found him! His drawings ARE a mood.


The artist, in green.


This is my favorite painting of the many he's got on IG. I love the colors and the man he painted. I love the pose, the beefy disposition, the idea of a pool in a hot summer day. He looks the way good sex looks.


He also did some illustrations for the Dictionary of Semenyms. How's that for a lexicon? I was about to download the PDF but now I'm gonna go go Half Price Books and look for it. 


I love his technique. It somehow reminds me of Jean Cocteau's drawings, don't you think? It has those lines. You can follow him on Insta, if you'd like. Hey, I've got Huntley all hooked up on some cool artists so ...





He seems to work in series, but the thing I like most is that luscious quality in the flesh of his subjects. One could lose oneself there. Or at least I'd love to...



Also, I love that he's old school and he's actually on Blogger! http://manartbyvyse.blogspot.com/ 

How cool is that? I'm a fan. You should drop by his blog. I want some of those scarfs. And I definitely want the Man On Line series... It seems I need money. And wall space...


XOXO

Comments

  1. I love a good simple line drawing. It takes talent to keep it simple as most people might want to add more and more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      It amazes me beyond measure that somebody can make a simple line become a whole landscape or body.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I will have to drop by. My favorite of his works is the last one, clean simple line drawing, almost like done with pen. I love art, especially nudes done in line drawing media. And it makes me want to , huh, maybe eat out on that model's ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, go take a look.
      It's totally worth it. And I'm with you when it come to pencil drawings. That's why I thought his art was reminiscent of Jean Cocteau's. And that model's ass is certainly delectable, natch.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I like the line drawings more than the others. There's something about them that makes them...sexier? Though, I do have to say, I really like the first two of the "Wet Dream" series he did for Mascular Magazine. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is a consensus!
      LOL yes. They ARE sexy. And I agree, the Mascular submissions were awesome. Funny how it works. Remember when I showcased Mascular here? Small world!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I’m also going to weigh in on the side of the simplicity of the line drawings. The sharp definition seems more pleasing to my old eyes.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Old my ass. And that seems to be his forte. I love the assured hand in the trace. I can barely sign my name.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I was just going to go to Half Price this weekend...add that dictionary to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, JM
      I looooove HPBs! I'm always there trying to snatch a bargain. They also have vinyl and CDs so one afternoon there is always a dream.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Well, he certainly doesn't stray much as far as subject, now does he. Definitely has a type. It's nice. I get bored with perfect looking men... or what passes as perfect these days. Gym bunnies bore the F out of me. Still, one has to admire the craftsmanship if nothing else... oh, I mean the art - not the gym bunnies - they can go F themselves (which they no doubt do while staring in a mirror.) Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he does.
      But (and this is a nice butt) I would rather see fantastic men who are the product of somebody's mind -because they will always be fantasy- than fantastic men who try, in the flesh to convince us that there is only ONE kind of men who are attractive.
      But I do love slightly off-kilter beefcake. Dadbods are my favs.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. love his style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant art pieces! I'm checking is blog right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.