Go back in time

Show more

John and Fred's Conservatory.


Please disregard the shoe commercial at the beginning (it's the channel's sponsor) and please concentrate in the fun, fab, fantastic people who own this super-cool Victorian-style conservatory. I have sent this to so many friends I needed to write about it. BTW, I had heard of people having one of these but I had never seen one. Until now. 

John and Fred are absolutely adorable (and we know who's putzing in the conservatory most of the time, too!) and I love that they've been together forever and I now I want a tour of their home! But we only have access to the conservatory (because it's more than just a greenhouse). And it's super cool! This really takes gardening to a whole new level. Bet their backyard is THE place to be in the summer months.

I learned a lot of stuff I didn't know I needed, like not putting cast iron in a conservatory or the work it took to put that tree there. Or that a plant could cost more than a thousand dollars or that I want a grotto with a triton in the fountain. Also, I did not know that orchids are such little bitches and that I'd better start getting some bromeliads. Also, like John said, it's back to the seventies (sans spider plants!) with all the plants that we now have in the house. I went from about five to, well, you've seen the pics. And I have the little terrariums and whatnot. Plants do bring life into the house, but they are also a cool hobby. Can you believe John has in that conservatory a plant that literally cannot be found in the US? Gagged. 

But do not let the smooth taste fool you: John knows his shit and this is not his first rodeo. I would love to have him show me his plants and have a drink with them. The stories they have alone would make any visit memorable. And if you add the plants... 

Now, who wants to go to Philly? Maddie? Is that you?

XOXO

Comments

  1. Holy cow that’s a lot of flora! This is a magnificent use of money. It’s obvious the joy it brings them.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true?
      This is what a hobby being elevated looks like. And in the middle of the city? It feels like a tiny bit of the rainforest.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. You know Maddie started making plans as soon as he finished reading this. 😉

    The expense must be astronomical. Not just in water. I mean, you can't let it get too cold or too hot in order to keep all those plants alive and thriving. But wouldn't it be fun to have? And, I'm with you, I would love, love, love to have a statue of Poseiden or Neptune (naked, of course) right smack in the middle of a fountain. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or of Priapus!

      taking care to all those plants is a full time job for both of us, I imagine.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Maddie would!
      And yes, this is not cheap. Nope. From the upkeep to the actual plants, this is something that takes time and love. This is an expensive hobby. But it is a fantastic one. If my air plants make me happy, I can imagine how having a full-on conservatory would do.
      That little grotto got me jealous. It's a fab idea. And of course, a statue of a naked man!

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I never thought I would find the super-cool Victorian-style conservatory as fascinating as I did but it happened. Thanks for sharing, Sixpence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      It was a surprise. I have known of people commited to gardening, but this is at another level.
      You're welcome, Mr. Shife!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Carlos now has greenhouse envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Oh, Bob. He and I both.
      He is gonna start with a sunroom and when you least expect it, full-on grotto!


      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I am rather intrigued. Sign me up, dear... sounds like a lovely use of PTO.

    This is amazing. Who would think this would exist in this day and age. And what devotion! I can't imagine being so devoted to anything (other than the pursuit of new dick!)

    Thanks for sharing dear. You find the best stuff. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to watch the video later...as I am interested in the part about orchids. I have an ice cube orchid that has survived almost 5 years but is now looking sorrowful and I need to revive it. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    12 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.